Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
geoblond

Eurodam question

Recommended Posts

Hello all.  We have  never cruised to Alaska and my packing list is the opposite of a Caribbean cruise which is sundresses and flip flops.  😂

If anyone has sailed Eurodam  on the Glacier Bay route could you share which night were the Gala nights?  Thanks so much!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1angelcat-thank you so much! I’d like to make a reservation for Tamirand before we cruise and this will help us decide which day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You will love Tamarind. It was one of the highlights of our Alaska cruise last year on Eurodam. I'm only sorry the Vista class ships don't have it, as we are sailing on Oosterdam this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, operakatz said:

You will love Tamarind. It was one of the highlights of our Alaska cruise last year on Eurodam. I'm only sorry the Vista class ships don't have it, as we are sailing on Oosterdam this year.

 

Thanks Operakatz-Good to hear.  I’ve read many positive reviews on Tamarind-not so much on the other specialty restaurants. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just off Eurodam. Tamarind was a highlight (again). My only regret was only eating there once. Don't get me wrong: the MDR is perfectly fine but doesn't compare quality-wise or in ambiance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, grsnovi said:

Just off Eurodam. Tamarind was a highlight (again). My only regret was only eating there once. Don't get me wrong: the MDR is perfectly fine but doesn't compare quality-wise or in ambiance.

Thanks for another good review-we definitely are going to try it.  Which night did you eat there?  Thanks for the help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, grsnovi said:

Just off Eurodam. Tamarind was a highlight (again). My only regret was only eating there once. Don't get me wrong: the MDR is perfectly fine but doesn't compare quality-wise or in ambiance.

We are considering an Alaska cruise for next June aboard the Eurodam.  Which side of the ship would you recommend for a balcony or SS cabin for the best viewing at Glacier Bay?  Thank you for any info you can provide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cajuntraveler said:

Which side of the ship would you recommend for a balcony or SS cabin for the best viewing at Glacier Bay?

When you are in front of the glaciers (usually stop at 2) the captain will allow the ship to spin so that either side will face the glacier face.

margerie glacier.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, grsnovi said:

When you are in front of the glaciers (usually stop at 2) the captain will allow the ship to spin so that either side will face the glacier face.

margerie glacier.png

Thank you for the info and the beautiful picture!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, grsnovi said:

When you are in front of the glaciers (usually stop at 2) the captain will allow the ship to spin so that either side will face the glacier face.

margerie glacier.png

Beautiful sunny weather!

I think I read there is one show each night. What is a good time for speciality reservations if we’d like to attend the show also?

thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are usually 2 shows (one early and a repeat later) but it will depend. We tend to eat early and go to the earlier performances. Seems the early shows this time out were around 7:30 and the later were 10 or 10:30 but I'd have to look at a program to confirm (they're in piles on the dining room table). Since we had a party of 10 this time out, we had a table for 10 at 5:30 in the MDR several nights and I seem to recall that our Tamarind reservation was for about the same time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2019 at 9:01 AM, Cajuntraveler said:

We are considering an Alaska cruise for next June aboard the Eurodam.  Which side of the ship would you recommend for a balcony or SS cabin for the best viewing at Glacier Bay?  Thank you for any info you can provide.

When I cruised Alaska on the Eurodam I had an aft balcony cabin and I HIGHLY recommend it. Got to see so many beautiful landscapes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AJSkarbo said:

When I cruised Alaska on the Eurodam I had an aft balcony cabin and I HIGHLY recommend it. Got to see so many beautiful landscapes. 

Thank you! I  haven't sailed in an aft cabin yet. Alaska may be a good time to try one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2019 at 8:14 AM, grsnovi said:

There are usually 2 shows (one early and a repeat later) but it will depend. We tend to eat early and go to the earlier performances. Seems the early shows this time out were around 7:30 and the later were 10 or 10:30 but I'd have to look at a program to confirm (they're in piles on the dining room table). Since we had a party of 10 this time out, we had a table for 10 at 5:30 in the MDR several nights and I seem to recall that our Tamarind reservation was for about the same time. 

Thanks so much for this info.  My husband and I also like an earlier dinner and earlier show so I think I’ll go for a 5:30 dinner in Tamarind!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...