Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
geoblond

Eurodam question

Hello all.  We have  never cruised to Alaska and my packing list is the opposite of a Caribbean cruise which is sundresses and flip flops.  😂

If anyone has sailed Eurodam  on the Glacier Bay route could you share which night were the Gala nights?  Thanks so much!

1angelcat-thank you so much! I’d like to make a reservation for Tamirand before we cruise and this will help us decide which day.

You will love Tamarind. It was one of the highlights of our Alaska cruise last year on Eurodam. I'm only sorry the Vista class ships don't have it, as we are sailing on Oosterdam this year.

23 hours ago, operakatz said:

You will love Tamarind. It was one of the highlights of our Alaska cruise last year on Eurodam. I'm only sorry the Vista class ships don't have it, as we are sailing on Oosterdam this year.

Thanks Operakatz-Good to hear.  I’ve read many positive reviews on Tamarind-not so much on the other specialty restaurants. 

Just off Eurodam. Tamarind was a highlight (again). My only regret was only eating there once. Don't get me wrong: the MDR is perfectly fine but doesn't compare quality-wise or in ambiance.

3 hours ago, grsnovi said:

Just off Eurodam. Tamarind was a highlight (again). My only regret was only eating there once. Don't get me wrong: the MDR is perfectly fine but doesn't compare quality-wise or in ambiance.

Thanks for another good review-we definitely are going to try it.  Which night did you eat there?  Thanks for the help.

13 hours ago, grsnovi said:

We are considering an Alaska cruise for next June aboard the Eurodam.  Which side of the ship would you recommend for a balcony or SS cabin for the best viewing at Glacier Bay?  Thank you for any info you can provide.

Just now, Cajuntraveler said:

Which side of the ship would you recommend for a balcony or SS cabin for the best viewing at Glacier Bay?

When you are in front of the glaciers (usually stop at 2) the captain will allow the ship to spin so that either side will face the glacier face.

margerie glacier.png

4 hours ago, grsnovi said:

When you are in front of the glaciers (usually stop at 2) the captain will allow the ship to spin so that either side will face the glacier face.

margerie glacier.png

Thank you for the info and the beautiful picture!

14 hours ago, grsnovi said:

margerie glacier.png

Beautiful sunny weather!

I think I read there is one show each night. What is a good time for speciality reservations if we’d like to attend the show also?

thanks in advance!

There are usually 2 shows (one early and a repeat later) but it will depend. We tend to eat early and go to the earlier performances. Seems the early shows this time out were around 7:30 and the later were 10 or 10:30 but I'd have to look at a program to confirm (they're in piles on the dining room table). Since we had a party of 10 this time out, we had a table for 10 at 5:30 in the MDR several nights and I seem to recall that our Tamarind reservation was for about the same time. 

On 8/12/2019 at 9:01 AM, Cajuntraveler said:

We are considering an Alaska cruise for next June aboard the Eurodam.  Which side of the ship would you recommend for a balcony or SS cabin for the best viewing at Glacier Bay?  Thank you for any info you can provide.

When I cruised Alaska on the Eurodam I had an aft balcony cabin and I HIGHLY recommend it. Got to see so many beautiful landscapes. 

5 hours ago, AJSkarbo said:

When I cruised Alaska on the Eurodam I had an aft balcony cabin and I HIGHLY recommend it. Got to see so many beautiful landscapes. 

Thank you! I  haven't sailed in an aft cabin yet. Alaska may be a good time to try one.

On 8/13/2019 at 8:14 AM, grsnovi said:

There are usually 2 shows (one early and a repeat later) but it will depend. We tend to eat early and go to the earlier performances. Seems the early shows this time out were around 7:30 and the later were 10 or 10:30 but I'd have to look at a program to confirm (they're in piles on the dining room table). Since we had a party of 10 this time out, we had a table for 10 at 5:30 in the MDR several nights and I seem to recall that our Tamarind reservation was for about the same time. 

Thanks so much for this info.  My husband and I also like an earlier dinner and earlier show so I think I’ll go for a 5:30 dinner in Tamarind!