Majesty "pro tips"

45 minutes ago, cruisingjandb said:

Yes Fort Lauderdale Sept 2.

I could not look at the Port Everglades terminal schedule that far in advance, but up through Aug 24, Majesty is using Terminal 18, for which there is a surface parking lot.

On 8/12/2019 at 2:10 AM, Merion_Mom said:

Ok, let's try this.

Here is the first day of the first cruise, Wednesday, July 31, 2019.  Fortunately, Majesty prints the Day on each page of the CC.  Unfortunately, someone decided that this new format is fab.  I loathe it.  Let me know what you think.  (I am referring to the Daily Planner page no longer being time sequential)

Personally, I like it. There have been too many times I have been searching for something that should be happening, and I say "Well looks like xyz is not going to happen," only to have my other half say... "umm, it's right there." 🙄 

Actually... I don't care, I use the app mostly now and it will be really nice when the app matches what is actually going on, on the ship. 😝

3 minutes ago, cruisingjandb said:

Oh well, the last time I used a surface lot came back to a good dusting of sand on my car. Of course not as bad as getting the great parking at a motel in Daytona.  There was a reason for that,  pelicans on upper floor. Good thing for car washes.

Check the Florida Departures forum.  There may be third party lots nearby that have covered spaces.

There are also other parking structures in Port Everglades that are covered, but I don't know if the parking shuttles will get to back and forth to Terminal 18.

On 8/3/2019 at 6:14 PM, Merion_Mom said:

Majesty has three sets of elevators.  It is a VERY weird set up.

The forward elevators go from Deck 1 to Deck 11.

The midship elevators go from Deck 3 to Deck 7.

The aft elevators go from Deck 5 to Deck 14.

Got that?  😉 

I understand why the aft elevators cannot go below deck 5: the aft portion of deck 2 is accessible to crew members only and the aft portions of decks 3 and 4 are the kitchens that serve the MDR.

However, for anyone like my wife who is handicapped, the fact that neither the forward elevators nor the midship elevators reach deck 12 is a problem.  It makes it difficult for handicapped people to access Johnny Rockets, Sorrentos or the Compass Deli.

54 minutes ago, actuarian said:

I understand why the aft elevators cannot go below deck 5: the aft portion of deck 2 is accessible to crew members only and the aft portions of decks 3 and 4 are the kitchens that serve the MDR.

However, for anyone like my wife who is handicapped, the fact that neither the forward elevators nor the midship elevators reach deck 12 is a problem.  It makes it difficult for handicapped people to access Johnny Rockets, Sorrentos or the Compass Deli.

You would have to use the aft elevators to deck 12 and move forward.  Not a short trip.

10 hours ago, actuarian said:

I was actually thinking about that while onboard.  Not easy at all.  But it "can" be done by walking (or rolling) the length of the ship, and at least Majesty is not that long.  😉  

On 8/3/2019 at 6:23 PM, Merion_Mom said:

The Schooner Bar is still the largest (one of the largest?) in the fleet, and one of the best.

I love Majesty's Schooner.  One of the reasons we still love that ship! It IS the largest of any of the Royal ships we've been on...most other Schooners seem to have been downsized.

On 8/3/2019 at 6:14 PM, Merion_Mom said:

Majesty has three sets of elevators.  It is a VERY weird set up.

The forward elevators go from Deck 1 to Deck 11.

The midship elevators go from Deck 3 to Deck 7.

The aft elevators go from Deck 5 to Deck 14.

Got that?  😉 

On 8/3/2019 at 6:16 PM, Merion_Mom said:

Deck 6 is only half a deck.  It is referred to as the "Tween Deck", as in, between 5 & 7.  It only exists in the front half of the ship. 

I was on her for the first time two months ago and it was annoying the way the elevators were set up.

Edited by ReneeFLL

On 8/21/2019 at 4:08 AM, ReneeFLL said:

I was on her for the first time two months ago and it was annoying the way the elevators were set up.

Thanks so much for this info, as we are booked on deck 6 and I would go crazy trying to get to my room!

thanks everyone for all the good tips as this is our first time on the Majesty and RC, which We will be back in March 2020 for the Star Trek Cruise (our second one) .

Am looking forward to meeting those of you traveling on Sept 2!

Margo 

Hey there, I'm sorry to hear about what is happening in the northern Bahamas. Hopefully things will go well for my upcoming cruise and I'll be able to do my small part for the Bahamian economy by visiting the country soon.

I have a muster drill assignment for a guarantee of 011 on MOTS, does anyone know what that might indicate in terms of room assignment? Knowing that could help me decide if I'd rather chance a bet on RoyalUp. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 8/12/2019 at 7:07 PM, bobmacliberty said:

This is a little late because you've already posted perfectly readable Compass pictures.  I use the free Adobe Scan app.  It's not quite as good as a desktop scanner but it does a great job on a phone.  You take a picture of the document within the app and the app will automatically find the edges of the document (sometimes you need to manually adjust), convert it to a clean rectangle, and adjust contrast to make it more readable.  You can then save in .pdf format.  You can combine several pages together into a single PDF.  I've used it several times to send "official" documents to lawyers or other professionals where a PDF is preferred to a picture and I don't have a scanner available.  I haven't tested this, but I think the resulting PDF is also a smaller file size than a picture.

And this is even later, but thank you for that!  I've had to take separate photos and then attempt to smoosh them together in Adobe Acrobat Pro (which doesn't work well and looks terrible).  I'll definitely be grabbing this app!

Also, to the OP, thank you for the info!  I've just booked hubby and I on the Majesty for October 2020 because we love going out of New Orleans and it's such a great value!  I'll miss the Solarium, but it seems like the rest of the ship, though having quirky elevators is still quite wonderful.  And any day at sea is better than a day at work.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2019 at 9:03 AM, YlangYlangF9PB3E said:

I love Majesty's Schooner.  One of the reasons we still love that ship! It IS the largest of any of the Royal ships we've been on...most other Schooners seem to have been downsized.

I sailed on the Empress before, they said that this ship had the largest Schooner Bar. The Majesty has a great Schooners.

The only reason we chose MOS is to go out of New Orleans in September 2020. Will stay 2 pre-cruise in NO; love the jazz and cajun food there! DH and I have been on MOS to Cuba and were in the OV cabins on Deck 7, which was OK cause only in there to sleep; however, didn't like the windows because of people constantly walking by and able to peek in, so drapes were usually always closed.

On next year's cruise, we are taking our adult kids and their significant others and have forward OV cabins on Deck 9 because they are "spacious" and we wanted the extra room. The rooms say they are obstructed but other CC'ers have said that the obstruction is nothing to be concerned about. Can anyone tell me what the obstruction is on Deck 9? Almost booked a JS on Deck 10 but paying twice the money is out of the question, especially on the MOS.

We're all really looking forward to the 8 hour cruise down the Mississippi and into the Gulf!! Our camera will be ready!!

Cheers all!😎

If I remember correctly, the obstruction is the lifeboats if you want to see the ocean below, but some of the larger OVs aren't really that obstructed. Attached is a chart that someone prepared a long time ago for Deck 8 that uses the pink dots to highlight the rooms where the obstruction is the least. Just put the Deck 9 stateroom chart above it and you'll get the idea.

majesty superior oceanview8.pdf

• Thanks 1