Harmony Aug 4, 2019 - We're not on Empress anymore.

Good luck if Dorian comes to visit. I hope you have hurricane shutters, though I’d  be the one on the balcony watching. 

A friend just texted me she’s been to our 4 neighborhood Publixes  here in Jax and the water aisles are stripped clean. 

Ditto for batteries and bread....she said even the Little Debbie stuff is gone 

i’ll bet There are people who still have gallon jugs of water from last year but are afraid to drink it because it’s expired. 

Thank you, John for a lovely cruise experience and I’m looking forward to the next one. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Yes, that's typical. That card never showed up. Most of our invites just came as messages on the TV

We got the helipad invite and saw that on the tv but don't recall seeing the others on the tv

Also no wash and fold laundry bag either

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

We got the helipad invite and saw that on the tv but don't recall seeing the others on the tv

I haven't been getting the wash and fold bags at all lately.   Guess it's another thing you have to ask for now, like ice or robes.   😞 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Helipad invite came from Concierge 

The card to fill out comes from C&A

Breno the LA told me his mail has been an issue as of late

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, island lady said:

I haven't been getting the wash and fold bags at all lately.   Guess it's another thing you have to ask for now, like ice or robes.   😞 

I can't recall the last time a wash and fold bag was left in the cabin.  We ask for our two  for every cruise over 5 nights, and have never had any issues getting them or using  them.   

M

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, ATG said:

I hope you, Laura and adorable Bella stay safe, this one looks like you are directly in its path.  Good luck and our prayers for all of the area.

Thanks, pretty morning.

Just filled car with gas, and got cash in small bills. 

20190829_110345.thumb.jpg.0aadbc8d21e1187f3e77e023c78dcc91.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I can't recall the last time a wash and fold bag was left in the cabin.  We ask for our two  for every cruise over 5 nights, and have never had any issues getting them or using  them.   

M

Same thing...I get them when I ask for them, and also have to ask which is the "free day".   I don't put anything in that bag that would break my heart if it gets ruined or lost.  😮   Mostly just socks, t-shirts, etc.   It really helps out for doing B2B cruises.  🙂 

Edited by island lady
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RoperDK said:

Hoping that Dorian doesn't come your way.  I grew up in South Miami and was stationed with the military in Mississippi and Alabama.  I've seen my fair share of tropical weather.  It doesn't look good. Be safe.  

Seems to be slowing down and moving south

Capture4.JPG.b79b3bdbb037cffa08fc665341cbe9ed.JPG

Here is our itinerary for Mariner next week

Capture5.JPG.f135c5f15ee3d668a9e41d04c3f2c16b.JPG

I guess we get to clean up Coco Cay

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hello John, Laura and Bella.  I sincerely hope Dorian does not visit you but if he does that your condo suffers no harm.  I just returned home from UFHealth in Gainesville yesterday following open heart surgery on August 9 and am trying to find my way back to where I left your review on August 8.  So many pages.  Heard you have posted many more pictures while I was away.  I did see the awesome picture of Bella on page 43, I believe.  Hope Dorian doesn't cross the state to Citrus County as I am in no condition for a hurricane much less a party.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

Hello John, Laura and Bella.  I sincerely hope Dorian does not visit you but if he does that your condo suffers no harm.  I just returned home from UFHealth in Gainesville yesterday following open heart surgery on August 9 and am trying to find my way back to where I left your review on August 8.  So many pages.  Heard you have posted many more pictures while I was away.  I did see the awesome picture of Bella on page 43, I believe.  Hope Dorian doesn't cross the state to Citrus County as I am in no condition for a hurricane much less a party.

Wishing you ☀️ 

• Like 1

Is it true that you cannot use MTD Dining before 6:30 now on teh HOTS? If so, do you know if someone can get a table for 2 for regular dining. It would suck to go to the buffet every night. We do not want to join a big table for various reasons. 

6 hours ago, Snit13 said:

Here are a couple classic Bella's to make you feel better. 

Have a great recovery 

IMG_2169_1.thumb.jpg.fe48e49975975054844b38283b9d87f7.jpg

IMG_20151214_204348.thumb.jpg.095cbe664f4faa7de17d28ebf20260ee.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

John, thanks for the Bella photos.  The first of the two is so precious I just want to hug her.

Following Dorian especially with you in mind.  This am on Weather Channel it appears FL may not get slammed as badly as last night's report.  We are prepared, so to speak, over here on the west coast but wish he would just blow out to sea and spare us all.

Any news from Royal on your Mariner cruise?  I believe I read you were to sail Monday.

45 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

John, thanks for the Bella photos.  The first of the two is so precious I just want to hug her.

Following Dorian especially with you in mind.  This am on Weather Channel it appears FL may not get slammed as badly as last night's report.  We are prepared, so to speak, over here on the west coast but wish he would just blow out to sea and spare us all.

Any news from Royal on your Mariner cruise?  I believe I read you were to sail Monday.

Officially we sail Wednesday night, but I doubt that will happen.

Breezy morning here

20190831_075916.thumb.jpg.df7e3a346f92a2b5cd3a262e6a370bdd.jpg

News crew on the beach to the left of Laura

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 3

On 8/29/2019 at 11:07 PM, John&LaLa said:

I guess we get to clean up Coco Cay

I would love your assessment when you go to hear how the island has fared. I know they designed the water park to withstand hurricane winds. I would be curious if the cabanas were removable and they could store them for safe keeping till after the storm passes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I would love your assessment when you go to hear how the island has fared. I know they designed the water park to withstand hurricane winds. I would be curious if the cabanas were removable and they could store them for safe keeping till after the storm passes.

I suspect RCI has some way to protect these structures that bring them $1200 per day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1