Harmony Aug 4, 2019 - We're not on Empress anymore.

11 hours ago, Swank Pad G said:

John, I have a question. Where are the coke freestyle machines on Harmony? Any on deck 8 in central park? Also we have the deluxe drink package but would like to keep some diet coke cans in our cooler in the room without going to the trouble of bringing on a 12 pack and lugging it around. Is it possible to get a unopened can of coke at any of the bars?

Coke machines on Promenade for sure. Sorrento. Not sure where else. I'll try and check tomorrow.  Will also ask about cans 

10 hours ago, ptf2009 said:

Happy Birthday, John!  Enjoy every minute of your special day!

Thank you for the pic of the closets...yeah! That's what I was hoping for...a much better design and placement.

One more question...I noticed on the cruise compass that the dinner time started at 6:30 for MTD. We have reservations for 6:00 every night, which we made on-line. Will there be a problem?

Not sure, I'll try and find out

9 hours ago, ExpressoMama said:

Happy Birthday John.!!!

Today is mine also. (and the late Lucille Ball's, too)

We are looking forward to our Harmony cruise in October, so thank you so much for sharing your sailing with us.

Enjoy.

Thanks, you obviously know this is the anniversary of Hiroshima,  and maybe that its Jamaican Independence Day.  But I was born in 1962, so Jamaica and I share the actual year. 

Also,  I was born the day after Marilyn Monroe died. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Coke machines on Promenade for sure. Sorrento. Not sure where else. I'll try and check tomorrow.  Will also ask about cans 

Thanks John for looking into this. From my research it sounds like most bartenders will open the can and pour it in a glass which would not help us as we like to drink a can of Diet Coke in the morning instead of coffee (I know we are weird, it has to do with liking something cold instead of hot)so we might have to take a early morning stroll down to the Promenade every money with our freestyle cups.

I hope you are having a Birthday cocktail as we speak! Cheers!!  Love the review.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Don'tNeedAName said:

Happy birthday!  Always nice to spend it aboard.

I know you're not one for the MDR, but if you happen to find yourself in the vicinity and could ask about the new vegan menu at the MDR, I'd be interested in seeing an example... hopefully options rotate same as the non-vegan options?

Anyway, if I read the Cruise Critic article correctly, the new vegan menus are effective for all cruises after Aug 1.

We do like lamb night in MDR, but it may have been tonight.  I'll ask about the Vegan menu, but not sure what kind of pics I can get

3 hours ago, kneadsdough2cruise said:

Happy Birthday John....and to spend it at Izumi - even better!  😀  Could you please post a pic of the menu - trying to determine if my DS (who has an allergy to shellfish) would be able to find something to eat there.  We have already noted her allergy with our genie but wanted to get a sneak peek.  Anna said there was just a new menu released recently for Izumi and it did not include Hot Rocks.....?  Just looking to verify.

Thanks for the awesome review and have a great birthday.

Forgot to take a pic of the menu, but I'll get one tomorrow.  

FWIW, I had shellfish. 😇

11 hours ago, MaryBCruisin said:

Is it possible to get Hibachi at a non Hibachi table?  I prefer sushi only and my DH prefers Hibachi.  Not sure how to book this.

I'm not sure how that would even work... Hibachi has VERY limited seating, so I'm guessing that you'd have to pay for both of you to sit at the Hibachi grill table (usually $50/each), and then pay additional for you to eat sushi (menu prices).  I guess it would be up to you if it's worth it to pay that much.

9 minutes ago, Swank Pad G said:

Thanks John for looking into this. From my research it sounds like most bartenders will open the can and pour it in a glass which would not help us as we like to drink a can of Diet Coke in the morning instead of coffee (I know we are weird, it has to do with liking something cold instead of hot)so we might have to take a early morning stroll down to the Promenade every money with our freestyle cups.

I hope you are having a Birthday cocktail as we speak! Cheers!!  Love the review.

I'm winding down, way to much food and drink tonight. 

Laura used to do the Diet Coke in the morning 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I'm not sure how that would even work... Hibachi has VERY limited seating, so I'm guessing that you'd have to pay for both of you to sit at the Hibachi grill table (usually $50/each), and then pay additional for you to eat sushi (menu prices).  I guess it would be up to you if it's worth it to pay that much.

They tell me that is ok. There was a boy at the next table just eating sushi.

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes, it was a fabulous day. I'll get caught up tomorrow,  I'm beat.

I have several answers for earlier questions,  but I forget the questions now.  I'll look at the previous posts and reply directly.  But not tonight. 😇

• Like 2

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Thanks, you obviously know this is the anniversary of Hiroshima,  and maybe that its Jamaican Independence Day.  But I was born in 1962, so Jamaica and I share the actual year. 

Also,  I was born the day after Marilyn Monroe died. 

You are a mere child, John.  I started my teaching career in Miami in 1962.  Guess that makes me an oldie goldie!  Hope you enjoyed your birthday dinner and had a stellar evening.

• Thanks 1

On 8/4/2019 at 10:52 AM, Swank Pad G said:

Looking forward as always to your great perspective as we will be on Harmony in October with this great itinerary. A few questions if you don't mind looking into. Does the Rising Tide bar still have Louis the XIII cognac and is it $125 a glass? Also does Vintages just have wine or can you get a good cocktail there too? We will be on Deck 8 as well, I will be interested in how you like your access to Central Park and getting around the ship. Safe travels and have a great time!

Rising Tide has Louis 13 for $149, its $139 with drink pkg. Vintages has a very limited cocktail selection. I like being on 8, easy to get around. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Rising Tide has Louis 13 for $149, its $139 with drink pkg. Vintages has a very limited cocktail selection. I like being on 8, easy to get around. 

I LOVED being on 8, it was fabulous.  Did you have a guitar player in Central Park?  I sat there  with a glass (or two🤩) wine and was very happy!

Edited by Judyrem
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, ptf2009 said:

Happy Birthday, John!  Enjoy every minute of your special day!

Thank you for the pic of the closets...yeah! That's what I was hoping for...a much better design and placement.

One more question...I noticed on the cruise compass that the dinner time started at 6:30 for MTD. We have reservations for 6:00 every night, which we made on-line. Will there be a problem?

That is odd, we are going there for day 5, lamb night. I'll ask

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Thank you so much John for finding this out. Even though it's expensive I may have to go for it as it is on my bucket list and a lot cheaper than buying a whole bottle. Vintages will be the closest bar to our cabin on 8 so I can see us spending time there getting a cocktail and then taking it back to room and sitting on the balcony. Looking forward to hearing your adventures today!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, kneadsdough2cruise said:

Happy Birthday John....and to spend it at Izumi - even better!  😀  Could you please post a pic of the menu - trying to determine if my DS (who has an allergy to shellfish) would be able to find something to eat there.  We have already noted her allergy with our genie but wanted to get a sneak peek.  Anna said there was just a new menu released recently for Izumi and it did not include Hot Rocks.....?  Just looking to verify.

Thanks for the awesome review and have a great birthday.

No hot rocks.

They are very careful about allergies 

20190807_093536.thumb.jpg.9f9bec57e675847eaf9afc6be9268fdf.jpg

20190807_093517.thumb.jpg.eead02d620f861b3bdb2bea83fac529c.jpg

20190807_093451.thumb.jpg.7870184675763ca26906286d46404b6b.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/4/2019 at 4:57 PM, RoperDK said:

Following along.  We will be on Harmony with this itinerary next month.  Unless our Royal Up bid is accepted, we will be in a JS.  We will try to get in to Coastal Kitchen for dinner as often as we can.  If you have the opportunity would you ask if JS people are getting reservations fairly easily?  I know it depends on how many Pinnacles are onboard and how many full suites are reserving, but certainly there must be a "normal" success rate for JS reservations. Much appreciated. Enjoy your cruise!   

Spoke with Ace this morning.  CK manager. He said he always accommodates JS passengers for dinner. He will fit you in.

Keep in mind, Harmony has a bigger CK footprint than Oasis and Allure. More tables, more waiters, etc..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swank Pad G said:

Thank you so much John for finding this out. Even though it's expensive I may have to go for it as it is on my bucket list and a lot cheaper than buying a whole bottle. Vintages will be the closest bar to our cabin on 8 so I can see us spending time there getting a cocktail and then taking it back to room and sitting on the balcony. Looking forward to hearing your adventures today!

CP150 has it according to the guys in Vintages. 

Wonderland might have it also, I'll check

• Like 1