Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
SouthLyonCruiser

Alaska Helicopter Tours

We have cruised to Alaska 3 times and on two occasions went on helicopter tours. The last time it was a "Pilots Choice" tour where we made two landings and was the best of the two. Now I am having a hard time finding a similar tour.

Any suggestions?

I have tried Viator and Shore Trips.

Thanks, in advance.

9 minutes ago, SouthLyonCruiser said:

We have cruised to Alaska 3 times and on two occasions went on helicopter tours. The last time it was a "Pilots Choice" tour where we made two landings and was the best of the two. Now I am having a hard time finding a similar tour.

I was able to sign up for the Pilots' Choice when I was on the Jewel in May of this year.  However, the flight was cancelled because of weather.  I wonder if a combination of weather and low signups caused them to abandon the option.  

Viator and ShoreEx are middlemen.  Try going directly to the vendors.  In Juneau vendors include:  Temsco,  Northstar Trekking, and Coastal Helicopters.

Do a search on the town web site to find others. www. traveljuneau.com  or look at the free visitor guide.

1 hour ago, mapleleaves said:

Viator and ShoreEx are middlemen.  Try going directly to the vendors.  In Juneau vendors include:  Temsco,  Northstar Trekking, and Coastal Helicopters.

Do a search on the town web site to find others. www. traveljuneau.com  or look at the free visitor guide.

The bests is to go directly to the vendor and see what they offer, regardless they are the only ones in town and the ship cruiselines I believe also use them, so I suspect pricing may be similar, but offerings / time and transportation could be the difference between going ship or direct, avoid any middlemen IMHO,

8 hours ago, SouthLyonCruiser said:

Any suggestions?

I have tried Viator and Shore Trips.

Thanks, in advance.

Check the Alaska Port of Call board