Terrace Cafe for Dinner?

ricka47

1 minute ago, LHT28 said:

Yes they sometimes will open earlier

If you are in a Concierge or above cabin you can order in  hot food

Earlier could be good especially for a couple of our port days, thanks.

Sadly, we are not in a Concierge or higher cabin, just a B1 😢

2 minutes ago, drkitkat123 said:

i can think of nothing better than to have dinner in the open air at the back of the ship even on cool windy days. To me it beats the stuffy GDR every time, but that's my opinion

Except we're going to be cruising from Rio to Buenos Aires in December.  SUMMER!!!!!

7 minutes ago, drkitkat123 said:

even better - beats aircon any day....

Let me 'educate' you (lol!) about my preferences.  In winter we turn the heat down to 50 when we go to bed and up to 60 when we get up in the morning.  Got it????? 😉

Edited by clo

1 hour ago, clo said:

Let me 'educate' you (lol!) about my preferences.  In winter we turn the heat down to 50 when we go to bed and up to 60 when we get up in the morning.  Got it????? 😉

LOL!!!!!!!!!

Hi Cath! As I have said your my kind of girl.

Same here👍👍👍

Hope your having a good evening.

Your Cruise is coming up soon! Ours still out till March.

have a good week!

Denise😊

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Hi Cath! As I have said your my kind of girl.

Same here👍👍👍

I don't stop wearing shorts until it's dependably below 55F 🙂

Just buying a motorhome so may have to make it down your way one of these days.

Cath

Just now, clo said:

I don't stop wearing shorts until it's dependably below 55F 🙂

Just buying a motorhome so may have to make it down your way one of these days.

Cath

OMG yes!!! We are sitting outside on our balcony watching the World Series!!

I’m in shorts! Well also a sweatshirt on🙄 

Vodka on the rocks with 3 olives👍
Denise😊

• Haha 1

We were just on Riviera and noticed something new (at least for us) in the Terrace.  At breakfast and dinner (not sure about lunch) a heavy plastic wrap was stretched on the lower pass-thru area on the hot buffet line, below the "sneeze" glass.  This means every plate needs to be passed over the whole glass case.  This was sometime awkward for some of the shorter servers, but if it keeps people hands off the food, OK then.  Of course, I did observed holes in the wrap where people had jammed their hands through to point at, or grab something.  On the whole the food at the Terrace was good, but on cold days tables were sometimes hard to find.  More than once we carried our plates to Waves to eat in the cold away from the crowds.  I did find the grill cooks to be very slow - I guess they don't know they can turn up the heat.....We did experience one very over done, tough steak, and as always, wine service was very slow or non-existent.  On those busy days it seemed to be very understaffed.

15 minutes ago, chivatosteve said:

We were just on Riviera and noticed something new (at least for us) in the Terrace.  At breakfast and dinner (not sure about lunch) a heavy plastic wrap was stretched on the lower pass-thru area on the hot buffet line, below the "sneeze" glass.  This means every plate needs to be passed over the whole glass case. 

It was there on our Marina cruise  in April  this year

A good idea  but  as I have said many times  they need to lower the shelf & put the glass all the way to the counter

I put it in my comment cards  also

But I am glad someone at O is listening 🙂

• Like 4

A good idea. They had it on our cruise also, but only when it was very cool/ cold, then they took it off once we got back to warmer areas. I thought it was it help keep the food warm on the buffet line!

FWIW they also had more food types available for self service than in the past which I didn’t find appealing.

While  they had the wrap up, the vertically challenged and the more feeble had to go down to the end of the counter area to get their plates.

I would agree that often couples look for a private table in Terrace, but we have often shared there.  I'm not one to ask if I can join another couple BUT if I see another couple looking for a table and we are a 40-top, we invite them to join us.

It's not like Terrace ONLY has smaller tables.  There are lots of 4- and 6-tops available.

We also like to share in the GDR.  It's been a great way to meet other passengers.

Mura

59 minutes ago, Rob the Cruiser said:

That would be mid-September??? :classic_biggrin:

When we were living at Lake Tahoe, a few years ago a friend skied on Halloween and last year Squaw Valley was open til 4th of July.

• 2 weeks later...

The bread baked on Oceania is one of my favorite things...and at the Terrace Cafe, there are lots of bread/baguette/roll choices.  If you’re on a low-carb diet, well, more for me!  

In the GDR, they bring a bread basket assortment to the table and will refill it.  I always ask for extra bread and butter when our party is seated...the service in the GDR is slower (because food is cooked to order) but...I’m on a cruise, what’s the rush!

Overall, food choices on Oceania are varied and well-prepared.  As others have mentioned, the ‘surf & turf’ sandwich at Waves (I order it sans bun) is delicious and not too big (but if you want more, just order 2 or 3).  Best lunch ever

• Like 2