Wondering why??SHould not be expected!??

soapbxking

FIrst, I love sailing Carnival, and I love the Fantasy Class ships all the way up to the biggest I have sailed(Magic so far).  Each ship has its own appeal etc, BUT I am wondering why the run of issues with the VISTA??  I mean I can expect things to break or go wrong on an older ship.  These things take a beating and are constantly running etc, but to have issues on the newer ships is puzzling to me, given technology, and the simple fact its not bene on the water that long!!  ANy thoughts??

a ship is like a car. When you repair a car, there is certain parts that is only accessible by jacking up the car on a lift. Similar, the same thing applies to a cruise ship. Some parts of the ship like the pods, rudders and other things is only accessible in a drydock area

19 hours ago, soapbxking said:

FIrst, I love sailing Carnival, and I love the Fantasy Class ships all the way up to the biggest I have sailed(Magic so far).  Each ship has its own appeal etc, BUT I am wondering why the run of issues with the VISTA??  I mean I can expect things to break or go wrong on an older ship.  These things take a beating and are constantly running etc, but to have issues on the newer ships is puzzling to me, given technology, and the simple fact its not bene on the water that long!!  ANy thoughts??

If you do some research on here and find the reviews posted about the Vista for its' inaugural cruise, you'll see that it's had various problems from the start. Maybe the best solution is for Carnival to sell the Vista to the U.S. Navy to be used for target practice. :classic_wink:

Someone in another thread had made the comment that they were on Vista recently and both the digital funnel in the atrium and the dive-in movie screen had blank pixels on them. That may be a minor issue to some, but it doesn't help the overall image of a fairly new ship that's been having some problems lately.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Someone in another thread had made the comment that they were on Vista recently and both the digital funnel in the atrium and the dive-in movie screen had blank pixels on them. That may be a minor issue to some, but it doesn't help the overall image of a fairly new ship that's been having some problems lately.

Not read that, but that is a short list if it is that and an Azipod event.

I have absolutely no idea but my gut tells me it's the same reason that now we buy a dishwasher or dryer that is made to last 5 years when is the past they were made to last more like 20-30 years.....

Edited by jdemps
  • Like 1

On 8/4/2019 at 11:46 AM, soapbxking said:

Sometimes things break and have to get fixed.