Cruise Critic Community

How do I order the drink package and what is the cost? I haven't been on Carnival line in a long time.

Posted (edited)

If you log into Carnival, it will take you straight to the screen to manage your cruise (if it doesn't, just click on the icon on the top where it says Explore, Plan, Manage- click Manage My Booking).

Once you're in the Manage screen you should see all the options to book excursions, order drink packages, check out the Spa offerings etc.

The cost is $51.95 per day plus 18% gratuity. Everyone over 21 in the cabin must buy it and if you're sailing out of New York or Galveston you can't use it the first day- it kicks in at 6 AM on day 2, but you don't pay for day one either.

Edited by Shaded Lady

1 minute ago, Shaded Lady said:

If you log into Carnival, it will take you straight to the screen to manage your cruise (if it doesn't, just click on the icon on the top where it says Explore, Plan, Manage- click Manage My Booking).

Once you're in the Manage screen you should see all the options to book excursions, order drink packages, check out the Spa offerings etc.

Thank you I found it does the package ever go on sale?

Just now, ranchette said:

Thank you I found it does the package ever go on sale?

Never say never- because as soon as I said it, it would go on sale! But it is $5 a day cheaper to buy before your cruise, rather than onboard. Other than that, I've never seen it go on sale.

4 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

Never say never- because as soon as I said it, it would go on sale! But it is $5 a day cheaper to buy before your cruise, rather than onboard. Other than that, I've never seen it go on sale.

I don't suppose you get a 10% discount for using your Carnival MasterCard?

Just now, Butterbean1000 said:

I don't suppose you get a 10% discount for using your Carnival MasterCard?

Hmmm- good question! But I don't think so, because it's not really considered an excursion, unlike FTTF, which is! (go figure- both seem like a service to me, so if it counts for one, should count for the other!)

Maybe someone who's paid for their Cheers package with the Carnival Mastercard can weigh in here and tell us if they got the discount on their statement...

you don't get a discount for Cheers using the Carnival card like you would for excursions, but you do get escalated rewards points for any Carnival related transaction.  3pts per dollar? 

Here is the total cost based upon your length of sail.  Cheaper if purchased prior to your cruise.  Even cheaper if you used a gift card that you purchased at a discounted price (AARP, Allstate, etc.).

2E43C420-8909-4C4C-8A84-59ACBE7487CE.jpeg

Posted (edited)

How do you apply the gift card with AARP?

Edited by ranchette

Posted (edited)

If you're purchasing Cheers with the Carnival gift card you bought from AARP you just put the Cheers package in your shopping cart on Carnival, then when you select to pay, there's an option for paying with Carnival gift cards. If that was your question, there you go! If I misunderstood, apologies and please clarify!

Edited by Shaded Lady