Cruise Critic Community
Jewelim333

Persian Gardens on the Summit

We are in Aqua Class on the Summit in a few weeks.  I am definitely looking forward to Blu after reading all about it here.  We will also have access to the Persian Gardens.  Have not seen a lot of comments about them on the Summit.  Please let me know what it includes- and what you most recommend.  Thanks.

Jeweli

We were Aqua on the Summit last month.  We only took the tour of the Persian Garden, it wasn't for us and we didn't go back.  It had a couple sauna type rooms, one might have been a salt treatment, and a third room that was something like a eucalyptus treatment..  The Relaxation area was a bedroom sized open space with a heated marble (stone) lounger, perhaps 10-15 feet long in a curve, and some amenities.  Aqua dining was too tight, you can't talk privately.  We would have done better in a suite with access to the really nice Retreat deck area, cabanas, padded loungers, dedicated bar, but if you like saunas you'll probably love the Persian Garden.

We love the Blu dining room!  Yes, the tables are close together, but it gives the opportunity to meet new people & socialize...if you choose.  We found the Blu to be quieter & more attentive service than the main dining room.  As for the Persian spa....we sailed on the summit several years ago prior to the newest refurbishment.  We thought the spa needed an upgrade, but that being said...we enjoyed the heated tile seats & the steam room almost every day. We sail again on the Summit in September & I’m looking forward to hearing how the Persian spa is now after the recent reburbishment.

Thank you both for responding.  

I'll try Blu- if it's that close, then we will switch.  As for Persian Gardens,  it sounds relaxing, I might try it.

JeweliM

We have sailed Aqua now a few times and love Blu - yes the 2 tops are close, but like dcac2 stated you can socialize "if you choose".  Very rarely have we socialized with the people seated next to us and even though the seating is close - the atmosphere is really nice and relaxed and intimate for my husband and I.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Jewelim333 said:

Thank you both for responding.  

I'll try Blu- if it's that close, then we will switch.  As for Persian Gardens,  it sounds relaxing, I might try it.

JeweliM

Welcome to CC. Switch?  You can't just decide while you're on the cruise to switch from Blu to TD or SD.  Switch to a shared table? What have you gained? Now you sitting even closer to a stranger. Two tops are not bad no matter the dining venue. 

Edited by davekathy