Need suggestions for our Bermuda cruise.

lucy2mb

We are going to Bermuda for the first time in about 8 weeks.   We have an excursion planned for snorkeling on our 2nd morning there but need advice for our first day in Bermuda and the afternoon after snorkeling on the second day.  We will have to be back on the ship by 5:00 our second day.  Our ship will be docked at King's Wharf.   St. George sounds like a good place to go for half a day but was wondering which beach would be prettiest to go to for 2 or 3 hours to get some good pictures.   I had originally thought Cooper's Island but from what I have read, it would take a long time to get there and be expensive for the 6 of us.  I am thinking now Horseshoe Bay may be a better beach to go to than Cooper's Island.   We probably won't be going to Bermuda again, so would like to get some good pictures while there.   Thank you for any suggestions you can give me.  We are a family of 6 with adult age children.  

31 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

You will get the best pictures at Horseshoe Bay.  It is one of the prettiest beaches in the world. Also take a hike to the left and many pretty coves past the end. With a party of six take a taxi. 

Thanks so much.  Hope the taxi won't cost too much.  I read something about taking minivans places to save money.   Do they go to Horseshoe?

47 minutes ago, lucy2mb said:

Thanks so much.  Hope the taxi won't cost too much.  I read something about taking minivans places to save money.   Do they go to Horseshoe?

The minibus vans are $7 per person each way. So for 6 people that would be $42 each way.  A taxi for 6 will cost about $42.50 each way. You have six sharing the cost so that is why I say take a taxi. Most taxis will take up to 7. It will just be the six of you not a shared ride with 30 people for about the same cost. 

0ABCA5B1-48A8-48BB-A9FF-58A3A684CB2F.jpeg

Edited by Charles4515

8 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

The minibus vans are $7 per person each way. So for 6 people that would be $42 each way.  A taxi for 6 will cost about $42.50 each way. You have six sharing the cost so that is why I say take a taxi. Most taxis will take up to 7. It will just be the six of you not a shared ride with 30 people for about the same cost. 

Thanks for the info.  I think we will go there our first morning.  Hopefully, the weather will be good both days.

17 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

We will take the taxi to Horseshoe.  Is there a free ferry from where we are docked to St. George.  Seems like I read something about it. 

38 minutes ago, lucy2mb said:

We will take the taxi to Horseshoe.  Is there a free ferry from where we are docked to St. George.  Seems like I read something about it. 

If you are on NCL. NCL has a free ferry to St. George’s for their passengers. 

13 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

13 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

No, we are not!  Guess we will need to pay for a ferry to get to St. George.  Would St George be a good place to go for one afternoon?  One morning will be snorkeling excursion and one morning at Horseshoe Bap.