Cruise Critic Community
taramsl

Ovation of the Seas - computer access/laundry

Hi, 

I am trying to nail down a few last details as we get ready to leave for Seattle tomorrow morning. 

1) I understand there is an option to do laundry by the bag? I know its expensive but probably cheaper than checking luggage. Is this true? Any more info on how this works?

2) I am trying to decide whether or not to bring a laptop. Is there computer access at all? (in the library?) Could I get pictures off a camera card?  What else could I do/not do on those computers?

Thanks for any help! 

1. Depends on the cost to check luggage. The typical special bag on board is $35.

2. If you want to do any kind of file manipulation, bring your own laptop.

You can also send out laundry and dry cleaning - prices are very similar to what I pay at home. Bag special is usually $30 or $35 and is for things like underwear, T-shirts, socks, etc.  It is wash and fold only. You cannot use for “dress” clothes. Extra suitcase might be worth it!

13 hours ago, taramsl said:

Hi, 

I am trying to nail down a few last details as we get ready to leave for Seattle tomorrow morning. 

1) I understand there is an option to do laundry by the bag? I know its expensive but probably cheaper than checking luggage. Is this true? Any more info on how this works?

2) I am trying to decide whether or not to bring a laptop. Is there computer access at all? (in the library?) Could I get pictures off a camera card?  What else could I do/not do on those computers?

Thanks for any help! 

The laundry bag is limited to items like underwear, socks, shorts, t-shirts, etc.  It's washed in hot water and only folded, npt pressed.

The ship's guest computers have no memory card, USB, or optical drive access at all.  You cannot plug anything into them.