Cruise Critic Community
boobear1

Disputing price change

3 hours ago, Lottacruises said:

See other thread titled "don't wait to book" or something like that.

I'm hoping they will honor this on my next 4 day on the Dream....

IMG_20190807_141941.png

What is your point? That ship has sailed—in more ways than one.

1 hour ago, xitappers2bx said:

This is why you should use a TA... I've never had a price change disputed, even if the price went up during that same 24-hour period.

If it's a type error that's entirely in their control, and they should honor it.  That's just called good business.

If you think they should've honored it as a good business practice, then why would the OP have needed a TA? If Carnival was going to deny the price match because it was a typo, I'm sure a TA wouldn't have mattered. I've submitted a price match on my own that Carnival denied, but my PVP was able to get approved.

On 8/7/2019 at 11:44 AM, Organized Chaos said:

If Carnival honored one price for one passenger because of a mistake like this, they're not going to pass that loss on to you, me, or anyone. So no, you're not taken advantage of either.

I am glad to know that Carnival is not impacted by unscrupulous customers, and that none of the costs are passed on to customers.  Maybe that is why every day the cruises get cheaper and more and more amenities appear daily.

12 minutes ago, Don Kehote said:

I am glad to know that Carnival is not impacted by unscrupulous customers, and that none of the costs are passed on to customers.  Maybe that is why every day the cruises get cheaper and more and more amenities appear daily.

The sarcasm is strong with this one. 🙄 Do you think the price of a cruise goes up because a bunch of passengers are demanding price matches from typos? Boy, Carnival sure must make a lot of typos. And they seem to make a lot more typos in the summer, because those cruises are even more expensive. It couldn't possibly have anything to do with supply & demand, could it?

I didn't say "none" of the costs are ever passed on to customers. Nice straw-man you have there. Of course that happens sometimes, that's business. What I actually said was, if they were to grant a price match from a typo to one passenger, it's not going to be passed on to other customers.

Hate to break it to you, but consumers who ask to be given an advertised price are far from "unscrupulous."