Recommendations for knee scooter

Afterward

Hi all,

I am looking to purchase--or possibly rent--a knee scooter that can travel to Europe with us in a few weeks. There are many models but it's hard to decide what features are most important.  Trip is 11 days in Stockholm/Ice Hotel (KIruna)/Copenhagen, then two week Baltic cruise.  Can begin weight-bearing near the end of the cruise.  Considerations will be cobblestones (Tallinn) and gravel pathways as well as sidewalks. Also rain.  Any recommendations on brands, pros and cons of lightweight versus all-terrain, reliability etc.? Anyone with experience traveling with a knee scooter who has some good tips/secrets/suggestions?  

Thank you for your help!

Beth

I destroyed a brand-new heavy duty rollator several years ago on cobblestones and other non-flat surfaces on a Mediterranean cruise. I weigh 170 pounds, so I wasn’t overburdening the equipment. Loose gravel is not your friend.

• 1 month later...

Beth - are you back from your cruise?  Just wondering how it went as I'm leaving on a cruise with a knee scooter in a few weeks.  I have an OasisSpace all terrain scooter.  I do avoid grass as much a possible as I feel unstable with divets and such but it's probably better than a standard knee scooter.