Info 150(!) days before sailing

dhmjdds

I just received an email that states that all immigration, medical, and credit card info must be entered into PCPC 150 days before sailing. And that if it is not 100% complete 150 days before sailing that we won't get our cruise tickets.

This seems exceptionally far ahead of time? Is this really what they mean? Almost six months ahead?

Diane

"Medical Requirements and Inoculations" isn't even a category in PCPC.

And why is it called a Credit Card "Waiver"? What exactly is it that I am waiving? (It only says this in the email, not on PCPC)

Plus it says this requirement starts with Serenity's 10/23/19 sailing. So those people will need to go back in time about three months in order to comply.

The whole email seems thrown together without sufficient thought.

Diane

I do all my information at the time I book the cruise.

Exception is if I need a new passport and then I do it as soon as I receive a new passport.

I wouldn't worry about the Credit Card.  If you don't have a new one use another card and when you are on board the ship just stop by the front desk and they can change it for you.  And as Patty noted you can update your credit card information via PCPC.

For those booked on cruises as noted be sure to go to PCPC as there are some items to acknowledge you are aware of.

PCPC now shows much of this.  This is what they say on the waiver.

To expedite the settlement of your account, we kindly ask you to provide us with a credit card prior to check in. Your shipboard account and charges may be settled with cash, traveler’s checks, MasterCard®, VISA®, American Express®, Diners Club®, Discover Card® or JCB Card. Personal checks (drawn on U.S. banks only) of up to $1,000 USD within a 24-hour period for a total of $4,000 USD per cruise may be cashed on board. Third-party checks of any kind are not accepted. 

Guests may cash traveler’s checks up to $1,000 USD within a 24-hour period. The maximum amount of traveler’s checks that can be cashed by one person is $1,000 USD times the number of days in the cruise. Credit card payments and personal checks are subject to credit clearance. In some ports, a local currency exchange service may be available on board.

If not used before the end of your cruise, some shipboard credits may not be redeemable for cash and will be forfeited.

If you chose not to provide us with a credit card prior to your journey, please note that you will be required to leave a credit card imprint at the front desk within 24 hours of boarding.

• Like 1

Not trying to be cynical or blase about this, but from my perspective, it appears that the corporate and compliance attorneys have reviewed the Standard Provisions of Passage Contract and have decided that these additional acknowledgements are needed. It's three additional questions that require acknowledgement. We have a couple of voyages coming up later this year; our PCPC was showing "83% completed" until I went back in, checked the three new boxes, and now it shows us "100% complete" again.

On another note, it seems every time I have a doctor's appointment these days, there are more and more forms that need to be completed, acknowledged and frequently updated. At least travel acknowledgements are not so onerous or numerous...yet. 😂😱😟

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ryndam said:

Not trying to be cynical or blase about this, but from my perspective, it appears that the corporate and compliance attorneys have reviewed the Standard Provisions of Passage Contract and have decided that these additional acknowledgements are needed. It's three additional questions that require acknowledgement. We have a couple of voyages coming up later this year; our PCPC was showing "83% completed" until I went back in, checked the three new boxes, and now it shows us "100% complete" again.

Agreed.  It really just amounts to Crystal saying "acknowledge that stuff we already told you you have to do in other sections of  this check-in form."

Besides, if Crystal landside didn't give us something to (mildly) gripe about, we'd think they didn't love us any more.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ryndam said:

On another note, it seems every time I have a doctor's appointment these days, there are more and more forms that need to be completed, acknowledged and frequently updated. At least travel acknowledgements are not so onerous or numerous...yet. 😂😱😟

Rob, I'm sure this is the case.  I am also sure it is understandable.  I suspect  like in all businesses a book could be written about how a few try to game the system.

Yes there are some questions that are now mandatory when you see the physicians.  More recent ones include do you feel threatened when at home or something along those lines as well as about three other ones.  Having been with Anne Marie on several visits of late I was tempted to say when they asked the question about feeling threatened......."Now Anne Marie do NOT answer that question" just to be funny.  However, I realized that better to zip it (eg., don't try to be funny because it might not be taken as that).  😀

Keith

• Like 1

Just got the email. Since we have Crystal cruises B to B in December i completed the new online questions, then sent the email to my TA to see if there is anything else I need to do. The email had language that seemed a bit threatening when it had no reason to be. 

perhaps  people were showing up without the proper VISA where needed or passport  less than required  etc..

& maybe turned away  so these  new  questions put the onus on the passenger to check what  docs & shots are needed

You check the box to say you read the question so no showing up to say I never saw that requirement

We are new to Crystal  but  that said I always check the Countries requirements  before I book a cruise

If shots are required ..it is  a no go for me  😲

YMMV

1 hour ago, Keith1010 said:

Having been with Anne Marie on several visits of late I was tempted to say when they asked the question about feeling threatened......."Now Anne Marie do NOT answer that question" just to be funny.  However, I realized that better to zip it (eg., don't try to be funny because it might not be taken as that).  😀

Keith

that is so true

a couple of years ago I fell off a small step at a restaurant ..it really was not even a step but in anycase I went down

by the time we got home my ankle was painful & swollen..went to the walk in clinic

2 wks later I fell off a bigger step  so back to the walk in & wouldn't you know I would get the same doctor

he asked what happened ..I was tempted to say DH pushed me  & I think the Dr was already thinking this as well

so just kept quiet

These days  you cannot joke about things like that  with so many batter men/women out there

Sorry to go off the rails

• Like 1

When I saw the email from Crystal, it nearly gave me a fit. The letter states, "it must be filled in online and completed" I thought lordie, Crystal want my health info which is strictly between my doctor and me. Obviously, the letter wasn't worded properly.

It certainly was a relief to find out, read and check THREE tiny little boxes. That was quick...whew. Back to 100% completed.''

We still love Crystal.

Kate

• Like 2

We are US citizens who have never traveled to a country which required presentment of a signed International Certificate of Vaccination.  After logging into our PCPC for an upcoming cruise and checking the three boxes, no followup info was provided.  May we assume that we need not obtain such signed certificates from our physician?  Also sent an email to Crystal re this question.

13 minutes ago, brody013 said:

We are US citizens who have never traveled to a country which required presentment of a signed International Certificate of Vaccination.  After logging into our PCPC for an upcoming cruise and checking the three boxes, no followup info was provided.  May we assume that we need not obtain such signed certificates from our physician?  Also sent an email to Crystal re this question.

The one that comes to mind is a Yellow Fever vaccination which sone countries require.

This is something that a TA should run down for you.

keith

18 minutes ago, brody013 said:

May we assume that we need not obtain such signed certificates from our physician? 

This will depend on where you're going, and requirements change frequently.  Your TA should be able to find out the current requirements for you, and I'm sure the information is online too. 

Crystal is simply saying it's your responsibility to know whether you need it or not - don't blame them if it's needed and you don't have it. 

Interestingly I got the email twice - yet I have three cruises in PCPC at the moment - it was nice to be able to login to the personalised area and have all my cruises available to me 

Here’s the email for anyone wondering about it 

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

CRYSTAL CRUISES PRIORITY CHECK-IN & PLANNING CENTER

Dear Valued Guest,

We are pleased to inform you of several upcoming enhancements being made to our online Priority Check-in & Planning Center (PCPC).

In order to provide a more efficient check-in process on embarkation days, beginning with Crystal Serenity’s October 23, 2019 voyage, and Crystal Symphony’s November 8, 2019 voyage, all guest information must be provided in advance of boarding. This will allow for a one-stop check-in experience ensuring that you are able to board your Crystal ship as quickly as possible.

Please be advised that the following information will be required 150 days in advance of sailing (note: if you have already visited PCPC, please log back in to ensure you have completed all the information, including the items below.)

• 1. Immigration Information: Must be filled in and completed online
  • 2. Medical Requirements and Inoculations: Must be filled in and completed online
  • 3. Credit Card Waiver: Must be signed and completed online

Failure to submit completed forms in the proper timeframe will generate an automatic email reminder informing you of missing information required to complete your pre check-in process. IMPORTANT: If your check-in process is not 100% complete 150 days before departure, you will not receive your cruise ticket/s.

We believe this newly improved check-in process will greatly benefit all our valued guests, as it will save time at the pier and allow you to begin your luxury Crystal vacation faster than ever before.

Should you have any questions about this new process, please contact your preferred travel advisor, or, to speak with a Guest Services representative, please call 1-800-446-6620 (prompt 😎 or visit onboardgstsvcs@crystalcruises.com today!

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Crystal, and we look forward to welcoming you aboard soon.

Sincerely,

Crystal
Guest Services

8 hours ago, dhmjdds said:

"Medical Requirements and Inoculations" isn't even a category in PCPC.

I believe they may have added it...i went in to pcpc today as we are on the first sailing that this is effective on symphony and I believe i had to acknowledge some new items.

Am I missing something in PCPC or is this new requirement only applicable to Serenity and Symphony voyages??  I received the email, logged into PCPC but my Esprit future voyage is still showing check-in as 100% completed and I haven't ticked any of those boxes, nor can I see them???? :classic_unsure:

Anne..

2 hours ago, Jayayeff said:

Am I missing something in PCPC or is this new requirement only applicable to Serenity and Symphony voyages??  I received the email, logged into PCPC but my Esprit future voyage is still showing check-in as 100% completed and I haven't ticked any of those boxes, nor can I see them???? :classic_unsure:

Anne..

Anne, I can't speak to Esprit but I had to do one for Endeavor so I know it's not limited to Serenity and Symphony voyages only.

Keith

11 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Anne, I can't speak to Esprit but I had to do one for Endeavor so I know it's not limited to Serenity and Symphony voyages only.

Keith

It will be interesting to hear if anyone with river cruises booked has to complete this or if like me they can't find it in their PCPC check-in procedure... It could be they are not required as the onboard check-in process for the smaller vessels is not as structured as it is on the bigger ocean ships??

Anne..

Revision to earlier e-mail from Crystal Cruises.

Information being requested 90 days prior to voyage.

For those who don't complete this, as mentioned yesterday they will receive an auto generated message reminding them of this.   The clarification is that it will delay the processing of the documents and they won't be sent out until this is competed.

I remember when PCPC first rolled out that it was noted at the time final documents would not be released unless the check-in information was 100% completed.  Not sure whether or not this was enforced as we always completed ours as I suspect most people do.  Nevertheless this approach is similar.

Glad to see the new e-mail with the 90 day date and the clarification.

Keith

UPDATED

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

CRYSTAL CRUISES PRIORITY CHECK-IN & PLANNING CENTER

Dear Valued Guest,

You received an earlier communication from us regarding changes to our Priority Check-in & Planning Center (PCPC). We are sorry if this communication caused any confusion.

As stated in our original communication, these changes are being implemented to provide a more efficient check-in process on embarkation days. Beginning with Crystal Serenity’s October 23, 2019 voyage, and Crystal Symphony’s November 8, 2019 voyage, all guest information must be provided in advance of boarding. This will allow for a one-stop check-in experience ensuring that you are able to board the ship as quickly as possible.

Please be advised that the following information will be required 90 days in advance of sailing (note: if you have already visited PCPC, please log back in to ensure you have completed all the information, including the items below.)

• 1. Immigration Information: Must be filled in and completed online
  • 2. Medical Requirements and Inoculations: Must be filled in and completed online
  • 3. Credit Card Waiver: Must be signed and completed online

If you do not submit your completed forms in the proper timeframe, we will generate an automatic email reminder informing you of missing information required to complete the pre check-in process. IMPORTANT: If the check-in process is not 100% complete, this will delay the processing of your documents until all requested information has been received.

We believe this newly improved check-in process will greatly benefit all our valued guests, as it will save time at the pier and allow you to begin your luxury Crystal vacation faster than ever before.

Should you have any questions about this new process, please contact your preferred travel advisor, or, to speak with a Guest Services representative, please call 1-800-446-6620 (prompt 😎 or visit onboardgstsvcs@crystalcruises.com today.

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Crystal, and we look forward to welcoming you aboard soon.

Sicerely,

Crystal
Guest Services

Divider