Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
CruiseNut24

Cruise Night Coupon Books??

Recommended Posts

I noticed on my Travel Summary,  that my TA has a Cruise Night Coupon Book included.  Has anyone seen this coupon books and/ or know what they may include?  I have never seen one before.

 

Thanks for all responses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CruiseNut24 said:

Has anyone seen this coupon books and/ or know what they may include?

I've never been given one, but I know someone who did and she said most of it was useless, but the one thing they used was "2 for 1" at the Crown grill which is only redeemable on the first night of the cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone gets a coupon book but it may not be the same. They are generally discounts for on board services. I don't believe I ever used one. It would be nice if someone could list all the coupons in the 2 books.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, denmarks said:

Everyone gets a coupon book but it may not be the same. They are generally discounts for on board services. I don't believe I ever used one. It would be nice if someone could list all the coupons in the 2 books.

According to this thread, the Cruise Night Coupon Books are provided periodically through TA promotions, and are not the same as the generic ones provided to everyone.  I haven't received mine yet, but we have them listed on our Travel Summary for two upcoming cruises.  I hope we can use the first night specialty dining 2 for 1, if nothing else.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am surprised to read that "everyone" gets a coupon book.  We did not receive one on our June cruise on Regal (I knew one was not coming from the TA).  We had a TA coupon book in Feb.

 

IDK what is in both books (to compare), but here are the most ones of value to us (me alone for one):

  • 2/1 first night specialty dining (any available restaurant).
  • 1 - 1.5L bottle of water (I think that came with doing a specialty restaurant).
  • BOGO Blackjack Tournament (don't recall if there was one for the slots)
  • BITD, they had one for coffee cards, but don't recall if there was a package discount or not.  We did not need a package as we have old cards/punches to use up on both 2019 cruises we took.

Other coupons were mostly for items in shops, photos/portraits, or perhaps the art gallery.  The last time we had a "standard" Princess coupon book, there was absolutely nothing of value/interest in it for us (long time ago).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TA’s are permitted to have a 1 week long Princess Cruise Night Sale , many times per year if they wish to.

New Princess bookings made during that week get the Good Coupon book in their cabin ( the one with the BoGo) as well as $100p/p deposits .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, MCC retired said:

TA’s are permitted to have a 1 week long Princess Cruise Night Sale , many times per year if they wish to.

New Princess bookings made during that week get the Good Coupon book in their cabin ( the one with the BoGo) as well as $100p/p deposits .

I have 5 additional bookings that I made over the last 5 months and that coupon book is on all of them.  🤔

I rarely use them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I leave ours in the safe and hope it’s there for the next cruisers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I have 5 additional bookings that I made over the last 5 months and that coupon book is on all of them.  🤔

I rarely use them.

I could send you my address.  :classic_wink::classic_biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I have 5 additional bookings that I made over the last 5 months and that coupon book is on all of them.  🤔

I rarely use them.

I think many of use a TA who gets promos from 2 different travel companies which doubles our chances of getting them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, EmilyColwell said:

I've never been given one, but I know someone who did and she said most of it was useless, but the one thing they used was "2 for 1" at the Crown grill which is only redeemable on the first night of the cruise.

The only decent coupons in the book are the BOGO for a Speciality dinner & the free water. I've also been reading that some ships will allow the dinner coupon to be used on other evenings.

Either way we'll be taking advantage of the discounted dinner even if it is on the first night. There's nothing wrong with that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have gotten the coupon book a few times and have never used it. BOGO for specialty restaurant but we prefer to meet our table mates and waitstaff the first night so do not use it.

 

Last cruise we did give the BOGO to a friend made thru the roll call. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where on the personalizer does the coupon book show up ?  I have never received a coupon book on a Princess cruise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Denmal said:

Where on the personalizer does the coupon book show up ?  I have never received a coupon book on a Princess cruise

Under the Boarding Pass and Travel Summary/ Travel Summary section.

image.png.1787a4ad3ab076674594a7331d8c2e51.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting, I thought there would be just one coupon book per cabin. If, as someone suggested, some ships allow the coupon to be used on other nights maybe we could get two BOGO 🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Denmal said:

Where on the personalizer does the coupon book show up ?  I have never received a coupon book on a Princess cruise

Ask your TA why not ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, CruiseNut24 said:

I noticed on my Travel Summary,  that my TA has a Cruise Night Coupon Book included.  Has anyone seen this coupon books and/ or know what they may include?  I have never seen one before.

 

Thanks for all responses

I am not sure where the idea that these come via TA ever got started.  We have not used a TA in the last 10 years, and all of our cruises in the past year or so as well as those that we currently have booked, all have come with these books.  I have only used the BOGO coupon for Crown Grill on the first night, although some guests may find some of the others useful.  But since I feel the Crown Grill is overrated (and not worth the price, even at half price), I doubt that I will ever use it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The coupon book sometimes comes from Princess as part of a promotion.  If you book with a TA and the Princess has a promotion for the coupon book, it will come also.  TA's also sometimes have sales programs coordinated directly with Princess just for a given agency and the coupon book comes with that - they use the term "Cruise Night" for a week long sale that the agency will run.

 

But agree with the sentiment, most of the coupons are useless and require you to spend money you might not have to get something for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, cruisingrob21 said:

The coupon book sometimes comes from Princess as part of a promotion.  If you book with a TA and the Princess has a promotion for the coupon book, it will come also.  TA's also sometimes have sales programs coordinated directly with Princess just for a given agency and the coupon book comes with that - they use the term "Cruise Night" for a week long sale that the agency will run.

 

But agree with the sentiment, most of the coupons are useless and require you to spend money you might not have to get something for it.

That is exactly what my TA told me the last time we booked in June. They're only give out during certain promotions a few times of the year. 

I just noticed that mine expire on Dec 31, 2019. 

image.thumb.png.5cef15944a4beccd092fee09ebcdf430.png

image.thumb.png.67979cbe8a849476dfe8ca060398f89a.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, to my knowledge, the coupon book is something I have never received or seen offered to UK cruisers. Pity it would be something I would be interested in for my up and coming cruise on Crown for Crown Grill on first night. Other cruise lines have always offered generally discounts or free wine if you book a speciality restaurant on the first night is that something Princess are likely to offer if I try to book on first night if I go to the restaurant on embarkation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Under the Boarding Pass and Travel Summary/ Travel Summary section.

image.png.1787a4ad3ab076674594a7331d8c2e51.png

 

Ours didn’t show up in the personalizer in  April, but the books were in our cabin on embarkation day.  .  We always get the coupon booklets, each one of us, and have at least a dozen times now over the last four years.  Booklets were not called cruise night, but they had a few good deals.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 4cats4me said:

 

Ours didn’t show up in the personalizer in  April, but the books were in our cabin on embarkation day.  .  We always get the coupon booklets, each one of us, and have at least a dozen times now over the last four years.  Booklets were not called cruise night, but they had a few good deals.  

We've received booklets in the cabin before but never CRUISE NIGHT COUPON BOOKS.

I never saw the Specialty restaurant coupons in the other books.

Just a lot of worthless coupons.

Did your books have the restaurant coupon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

We've received booklets in the cabin before but never CRUISE NIGHT COUPON BOOKS.

I never saw the Specialty restaurant coupons in the other books.

Just a lot of worthless coupons.

Did your books have the restaurant coupon?

 

The CRUISE NIGHT COUPON BOOKS are similar to what we’ve received in the past, except for the 2 for 1 restaurant.  The other booklet had coupons 10-15%, which I used to stack with the 10% elite discount, and it came in really handy when buying hundreds of dollars worth the cosmetics.  For me, that coupon was worth more than a $29 free dinner.  What is a worthless coupon to one is not worthless to another.  

I still have a leftover BOGO restaurant coupon  from the April cruise.  I think I will just throw it in the trash when I get home tonight since we plan on eating at the buffet all 10 nights on our next cruise in October.  

Edited by 4cats4me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 4cats4me said:

 

The CRUISE NIGHT COUPON BOOKS are similar to what we’ve received in the past, except for the 2 for 1 restaurant.  The other booklet had coupons 10-15%, which I used to stack with the 10% elite discount, and it came in really handy when buying hundreds of dollars worth the cosmetics.  For me, that coupon was worth more than a $29 free dinner.  What is a worthless coupon to one is not worthless to another.  

I still have a leftover BOGO restaurant coupon  from the April cruise.  I think I will just throw it in the trash when I get home tonight since we plan on eating at the buffet all 10 nights on our next cruise in October.  

I didn't realize you could stack the coupons with the Elite discount.  Thanks for the tip!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...