Jump to content

Changes coming to Mariner cruise planner


Recommended Posts

This morning I got this email too.  Am surprised it took so long for a post...lol.

 

Was going to ask how you know it's for Mariner?  But just now, I noticed the title references our Mariner date next summer.  Hmmm...what will it be?  

 

43 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Coco Cay prices going up.....

One thing I'll say...the cost for Thrill Waterpark is ridiculous.  It'll cost us over $420 CAD for a family of 4.

Edited by LuCruise
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Since it applies only to Mariner sailings after March or April 2020 I’m wondering if it is related to CocoCay and possible overnights.

 Apparently not. I received the email this morning and my sailing is in January 2020  

 

m

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

 Apparently not. I received the email this morning and my sailing is in January 2020  

 

m

Is yours a 3 or 4 day cruise? 

 

So far it appears to be random as I had clients sailing in January 2020 that did not get the e mail, yet clients after April 2020 did, which is what I based my originsl comment on

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

This morning I got this email too.  Am surprised it took so long for a post...lol.

 

Was going to ask how you know it's for Mariner?  But just now, I noticed the title references our Mariner date next summer.  Hmmm...what will it be?  

 

One thing I'll say...the cost for Thrill Waterpark is ridiculous.  It'll cost us over $420 CAD for a family of 4.

Hi Lu,  is yours a 3 or 4 day cruise?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

On another note...I'm a software developer and am questioning why the system is offline for the day for this change.  Gotta love it. 😁

It sounds like it could be offline for more than just one day as it says “beginning August 7....

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LuCruise said:

One thing I'll say...the cost for Thrill Waterpark is ridiculous.  It'll cost us over $420 CAD for a family of 4.

 

Wow, that ridiculous! We are booked for Feb 2020 and the highest it's been is $44 and the lowest is $37. I realize it's USD vs CAD, but your price works out to $105 per person, which is the same as my cost for the Water park and Zip line combo 🤔 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Carolina Girl 99 said:

 

Wow, that ridiculous! We are booked for Feb 2020 and the highest it's been is $44 and the lowest is $37. I realize it's USD vs CAD, but your price works out to $105 per person, which is the same as my cost for the Water park and Zip line combo 🤔 

Yeah, we have a few cruises booked and that's the highest cost I've seen...but it's the cost on Anthem, Mariner and Harmony.  When we booked Anthem, they had half day passes so we got it for less...still wondering how they'll handle that since they've gotten rid of the half day passes.

 

CoCo Cay looks amazing so if they do add another day it's kind of neat.  But if the surprise is that they are adding a second CoCo Cay Day, I prefer they replace Nassau than the sea day.  I kind of like when the ship is moving and you can just watch the water move.  With only 1 sea day on a 4 day cruise, this would eliminate that (except in the evening).  Plus, the breeze with ship movement in August is nice.

Edited by LuCruise
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Yeah, we have a few cruises booked and that's the highest cost I've seen...but it's the cost on Anthem, Mariner and Harmony.  When we booked Anthem, they had half day passes so we got it for less...still wondering how they'll handle that since they've gotten rid of the half day passes.

 

CoCo Cay looks amazing so if they do add another day it's kind of neat.  But if the surprise is that they are adding a second CoCo Cay Day, I prefer they replace Nassau than the sea day.  I kind of like when the ship is moving and you can just watch the water move.  With only 1 sea day on a 4 day cruise, this would eliminate that (except in the evening).  Plus, the breeze with ship movement in August is nice.

Lu, when I mentioned overnights at CocoCay it was not referring to the ship spending 2 days there.  It was actually having the ability to allow guests to sleep on the island and then have alternate transportation back to port.  This was mentioned by Michael Bayley a while ago that Royal was exploring this option. 

 

But, having the ship spend 2 days there as you suggested would still allow guests to spend the night on the island and make the transport back to the port easier.  

 

Definitely interested to to find out what is going on. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks.  So far I’ve only read about people with the 4 day cruises getting the letter.

Hi Ken -  We have a 4N/3N B2B in late January  and  we received the email referencing the 4 N.    If you hear anything interesting, please keep us posted.

 

Thanks

Marci

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Hi Ken -  We have a 4N/3N B2B in late January  and  we received the email referencing the 4 N.    If you hear anything interesting, please keep us posted.

 

Thanks

Marci

Will do.  Thanks for posting. Interesting as it only seems to be the 4 night itineraries

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here’s an idea,

 

This is the current itinerary,

 

Monday - Port Canaveral 

Tuesday - at sea

Wednesday - Nassau

Thursday - CocoCay

Friday - Port Canaveral 

 

 

On the Sea day Royal could make a late afternoon stop at CocoCay and drop overnight guests off.  Guests would then spend 2 nights on the island, avoiding Nassau and returning to PC with the ship on Thursday.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing different in my 4 day trip August 2020 yet in my Cruise Planner

 

So I can pay for my 4 night cruise and then pay AGAIN to spend 2 night on Coco Cay?  I don' t think so!!!😇

Edited by molly361
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Here’s an idea,

 

This is the current itinerary,

 

Monday - Port Canaveral 

Tuesday - at sea

Wednesday - Nassau

Thursday - CocoCay

Friday - Port Canaveral 

 

 

On the Sea day Royal could make a late afternoon stop at CocoCay and drop overnight guests off.  Guests would then spend 2 nights on the island, avoiding Nassau and returning to PC with the ship on Thursday.

So book and pay for a cruise so the ship can transport you to where you will then pay extra to stay on land instead of staying on the ship.  I think I would skip the cruise and just do a land vacation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So book and pay for a cruise so the ship can transport you to where you will then pay extra to stay on land instead of staying on the ship. 

People are already paying crazy prices for a cabana.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Lu, when I mentioned overnights at CocoCay it was not referring to the ship spending 2 days there.  It was actually having the ability to allow guests to sleep on the island and then have alternate transportation back to port.  This was mentioned by Michael Bayley a while ago that Royal was exploring this option. 

 

But, having the ship spend 2 days there as you suggested would still allow guests to spend the night on the island and make the transport back to the port easier.  

 

Definitely interested to to find out what is going on. 

Thanks for explaining. Interesting concept..but where would people sleep, and they'd have to take their luggage?  

I'm with you...interested to hear the announcement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks for explaining. Interesting concept..but where would people sleep, and they'd have to take their luggage?  

I'm with you...interested to hear the announcement.

They were looking at building overnight accommodation and facilities 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...