omelet bar

tcworld

I have not been on Royal Princess but I would expect that all the ships have a made to order omelet station for breakfast in the buffet area.

Generally you tell them how you want it made so that there should be whatever you want in it including how many eggs!

It is hard to picture one of the Princess ships not having that available.

Edited by riffatsea

I have been on the Royal. There is a made to order omelet station I believe in the last section toward the aft of the ship. There may also be a station in the middle section. You can get any type of omelet you want.

Edited by katisdale
spelling

All ships do the omelets, but I hate that they don't let you wait (and crowd the area-I get it) because by the time I have gotten served the eggs are cold, or they were under the lamp waiting for so long they are way overcooked.  I always try at least once per cruise and I'm usually disappointed I wasted my time. I hope your experience is better.

14 minutes ago, katisdale said:

I have been on the Royal. There is a made to order omelet station I believe in the last section toward the aft of the ship. You can get any type of omelet you want.

5 minutes ago, Coveguy4 said:

Contrary to above statements....The omelet station is very good on the Royal.  We always have been served nice and hot omelets....  Enjoy

There are two made to order omelet stations at that furthest aft section & they have more ingredients than can be stuffed into an omelet.  I wait across the aisle for less than 5 minutes & they’ve always been good. 

On the Royal, I have gone to breakfast in the World Fresh Market specifically for the omelet station.  You order and they give you a number, you wait right there and they hand you the plate when they are cooked.  Everything nice and hot.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

not worth ordering. very small with basically nothing in it. go with the scramblem eggs or eggs over easy.

What??   They are awesome!

They will make them with anything you want.

What ship have you been sailing? The Lollipop?  🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The Royal does have a made to order omelet station. You can tell them how many eggs with what else you want in it. As others have said you get a number and wait about 5 minutes for your hot custom made ready to eat hot omelet. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Coveguy4 said:

Contrary to above statements....The omelet station is very good on the Royal.  We always have been served nice and hot omelets....  Enjoy

I totally agree with you. My wife loved the omelettes. 👍

Tony

Edited by Lucky TGO

5 hours ago, riffatsea said:

I have not been on Royal Princess but I would expect that all the ships have a made to order omelet station for breakfast in the buffet area.

Generally you tell them how you want it made so that there should be whatever you want in it including how many eggs!

It is hard to picture one of the Princess ships not having that available.

Not true. 

Not on the Golden Princess which has a buffet that serves breakfast that is worse than you would get at Denny's.  Instead of an omelette station, they have the premade omelettes of the day which are kept warm on the steam table.  You get a choice of a different premade omelette each day.  You can imagine what they tasted like although the rest of the breakfast buffet was no better - pre toasted bagels, pre toasted bread, the same oatmeal every day, etc., etc., etc.  The only thing that was worse than the breakfast buffet was the dinner buffet which we made the mistake of going to one night.

DON

5 hours ago, jennybenny said:

All ships do the omelets, but I hate that they don't let you wait (and crowd the area-I get it) because by the time I have gotten served the eggs are cold, or they were under the lamp waiting for so long they are way overcooked.  I always try at least once per cruise and I'm usually disappointed I wasted my time. I hope your experience is better.

I prefer going to a table and having a server retrieve my omelet. I don't want to be standing there at the station waiting for the cook to get to my order. YMMV.

Royal Princess made to order omelets in the buffet.

It is in the most aft serving line. You order whatever and as many ingredients you want. It is made to order and served to you while you wait, or if you want you can give your order slip to your waiter and they will pick it up for you. I find them very good.

5 hours ago, HappyCruiserettu said:

I prefer going to a table and having a server retrieve my omelet. I don't want to be standing there at the station waiting for the cook to get to my order. YMMV.

That's fine except you now have to go back & get the other items from the buffet line otherwise they'll be cold when you receive your omelet. 

You might as well wait there.

41 minutes ago, skynight said:

It is in the most aft serving line. You order whatever and as many ingredients you want. It is made to order and served to you while you wait, or if you want you can give your order slip to your waiter and they will pick it up for you. I find them very good.

As you say....you can specify what items you like & as much in it as you please. 

11 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

What??   They are awesome!

They will make them with anything you want.

What ship have you been sailing? The Lollipop?  🤔

Perfect.  Now I can’t get that song out of my head. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

That's fine except you now have to go back & get the other items from the buffet line otherwise they'll be cold when you receive your omelet. 

You might as well wait there.

As you say....you can specify what items you like & as much in it as you please. 

Oh, I pick up all my items on the same trip as I order the omelet. They bring my omelet while I'm eating the other stuff.

7 hours ago, skynight said:

I likewise believe that the omelettes are pretty good. I especially like when they are prepared in the aft section on the ships fitted for the World Fresh Marketplace.  I typically hang around as they are being prepared since I like them loose. I ascribe to the adage "done in the pan, overdone on the plate". If you leave them up to the crew cook, you are likely to get them browned on the bottom.

18 hours ago, tcworld said:

Does the Royal Princess have a omelet station in the World Fresh Marketplace

15 minutes ago, tcworld said:

I am looking forward to my omelet now.  Only 58 days to go.  Thanks for all of your replies.

Hope you enjoy the omelets & on the Royal in May the buffet was still named the Horizon Court Buffet/Bistro.

On the Caribbean Princess, in July, they had you go through the line and place the cheese, spinach  etc that you want in your omelette into a little bowl.  Hand this little bowl in to one of the workers in the line.  You tell them if you want egg whites or the egg product that they use, and he hands you a beeper.  When your beeper goes off, you go back for the omelette.  

Edited by topspot
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, donaldsc said:

Not true. 

Not on the Golden Princess which has a buffet that serves breakfast that is worse than you would get at Denny's.  Instead of an omelette station, they have the premade omelettes of the day which are kept warm on the steam table.  You get a choice of a different premade omelette each day.  You can imagine what they tasted like although the rest of the breakfast buffet was no better - pre toasted bagels, pre toasted bread, the same oatmeal every day, etc., etc., etc.  The only thing that was worse than the breakfast buffet was the dinner buffet which we made the mistake of going to one night.

DON

While there are the small premade omelettes in the buffet area.  There is also a station on the Golden that you can walk up to and order omelettes.  They fill out a form, send it back to the kitchen area right behind the station, give you the corresponding number and a few minutes later out comes your custom ordered omelette.  Been that way the two times I have been on the Golden over the last 18 months.

• Thanks 1