Will Princess Continue Specialty Suite Breakfast?

pms4104

According to comments on the Holland America boards, it seems HAL is discontinuing the special suite breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill.  That is their venue comparable to Princess' Crown Grill and Sabatini's.

The replacement:  suite guests are welcome to dine in the Club Orange (HAL's version of Club Class) section of the MDR.  Lots of unhappiness over at HAL about this change.

On occasion, HAL has followed Princess' lead on changes ... sometimes Princess mimicks HAL.

So many suite guests on Princess really, really value these breakfasts, as did HAL peeps.  Wonder if Princess is considering a similar change?  And, if so, would Princess reconsider if enough hacked-off people made their unhappiness known?  Or, perhaps Princess suite guests wouldn't care if this perk were to be taken away? 

I would care. One of the best perk for us, we really enjoy that relaxing start to the day and club class. I only stay in suites if I get an upsell offer but would most definitely rethink taking an upsell if they eliminate the perk. There is enough space in a mini suite for us so extra space not essential. We are elite so laundry and mini bar also not essential. I would really miss it if gone.

• Like 2

I'd be upset, and we've sailed in a suite just once. It was our favorite part. The only thing that could make up for the switch would be if they continue serving mimosas in Club Class for suite passengers. I hope, though, that Princess doesn't follow HAL's lead on this. 

I sure hope they don't do it.  That is one of the best suite perks.  Suite passengers already have access to Club Class so that isn't a good substitute.  Did HAL give an explanation about why they are doing this?

One of the major perks (to us) about a suite is the breakfast. The other, being laundry. Now that we are Elite and get laundry, if they took the breakfast away, we may downgrade to mini's. Hope this doesn't happen!

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

I sure hope they don't do it.  That is one of the best suite perks.  Suite passengers already have access to Club Class so that isn't a good substitute.  Did HAL give an explanation about why they are doing this?

I get the impression that HAL did not explain ... some commented that the Pinnacle food was not up to par ... sometimes not well-attended, perhsps making it a poor use of staff.

28 minutes ago, jasbo49 said:

Man, this sounds like a lot of sky-is-falling freakout stuff.

There is no indication Princess is considering such a move.

Jim

I don't see it as a freakout thing ... more of "what if" musings.  No, we have no indication that Princess is considering this particular change, but if it satisfies the HAL bean counters, who knows?

After looking on the HAL board,  

they have a thing Club Orange which included for suite guess...

but is available at cost to non suite passengers.....  

It is a little like Club Class    but no lunch.....

but includes the elite/suite perks minus the laundry.

And a lot of people are unhappy campers

Cheers Don 

Not good. Poor form HAL!! For me it makes NCL Haven more attractive as it is a MUCH better experience. We really enjoy the specialty restaurant for breakfast. I hope Princess does not do away with this. I loved the HAL Pinnacle Grill breakfast! Wonderful experience. Shame on HAL! Don’t get any ideas Princess or some of us fickle cruisers may abandon ship! 

8 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

After looking on the HAL board,  

they have a thing Club Orange which included for suite guess...

but is available at cost to non suite passengers.....  

It is a little like Club Class    but no lunch.....

but includes the elite/suite perks minus the laundry.

And a lot of people are unhappy campers

Cheers Don 

Some of the unhappiness with HAL started when Club Orange was announced ... HAL selling a pkg of perks generally earned by loyal cruisers or paid for by suite guests ... not unlike the reaction here when Club Class was introduced.  

I suppose the bottom line trumps all.  And I am hopeful Princess will not drop the specialty breakfast to save a few $$

9 hours ago, Debbdo said:

One of the major perks (to us) about a suite is the breakfast. The other, being laundry. Now that we are Elite and get laundry, if they took the breakfast away, we may downgrade to mini's. Hope this doesn't happen!

I'd have a hard time believing that anyone would pay the price for a suite because of breakfast.

• Like 1

We don't book suites, but we got the Breakfast in Sabatini when we hit 750 days on Princess last year on the Pacific Princess. We had the breakfast for 18 days. While it was very nice, we have not booked a suite. We are looking forward to hitting the next milestone (1000 days) next year.

14 hours ago, pms4104 said:

Lots of unhappiness over at HAL about this change.

Or, perhaps Princess suite guests wouldn't care if this perk were to be taken away? 

No reason to think that the reaction would be any different here.  

11 hours ago, jasbo49 said:

Man, this sounds like a lot of sky-is-falling freakout stuff.

There is no indication Princess is considering such a move.

True.  But there was also no indication of HAL doing it until they announced that they were doing it.  While it is true that the presence of a rumor isn't proof of what will happen, it is equally true that the absence of a rumor isn't proof of what won't happen.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

No reason to think that the reaction would be any different here.  

True.  But there was also no indication of HAL doing it until they announced that they were doing it.  While it is true that the presence of a rumor isn't proof of what will happen, it is equally true that the absence of a rumor isn't proof of what won't happen.

It was never my intention to start a rumor here ... sorry if it sounded so ... just curious to get people's thoughts on the breakfast

Edited by pms4104

18 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

The suite perks for elite tier are minimal already. They eliminated the nice canvas tote bags they offered suites. They eliminated post cards from all cabins.  Ethis makes a mini suite look more appealing. 

Delete

Edited by pms4104

A little note to remember is that Princess is directly under HAL management in the CCL heresy.

If this proves to be a money saver for HAL and a better use of staff, I am sure that it will trickle down to Princess.

Since suite passengers are already allowed to use Club Class dining, you have to look at the number of passengers using both the special breakfast and the Club Class breakfast.  If the numbers show that combining the two will save dollars and staff, I'm sure the bean counters will see it too.

Edited by famski740

19 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Not good. Poor form HAL!! For me it makes NCL Haven more attractive as it is a MUCH better experience. We really enjoy the specialty restaurant for breakfast. I hope Princess does not do away with this. I loved the HAL Pinnacle Grill breakfast! Wonderful experience. Shame on HAL! Don’t get any ideas Princess or some of us fickle cruisers may abandon ship! 

It is interesting that you mentioned NCL Haven.  I have not yet sailed on NCL, but if cutbacks continue, I would definitely be interested in the Haven.