Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
MamaFrog

Using a Cunard Gift Card

Recommended Posts

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me if one may use a Cunard Gift Card to pay for alternative dining, and cocktails in the Commodore?

Cheers

Mama Frog 🐸

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you mean a gift card of money? If so, then yes, it would just be added to your account for you to use as you wish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2019 at 12:05 PM, cruiseluvva said:

Do you mean a gift card of money? If so, then yes, it would just be added to your account for you to use as you wish.

 

Hello Cruiseluvva

Thank you for answering and apologies for delay 

The Gift Credit from the Little Luxuries selection ; the information on line says " Gift Credit can be used across the Cunard Fleet, whether for shore events, fabulous mementos or even a celebratory bottle of Champagne."

I am wondering if one is able to spend it in the bars and for alternative dining - or has to use the shops?

 

Somebody told me it has to be spent all at once - no remaining credit!

 

I was hoping it could be used across the voyage - maybe cocktails or alternative dining one day, and something from the duty free later ?  If one is able to add it to onboard credit that would be ideal.

 

Thanks again for your reply

Hoping you or somebody else has the answer

Mama Frog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I understand, it is just money added to your on board account and can used for everything you can use any obc for. You just get a card in your cabin saying it has been added. That is what happened for us a few years back. I don't imagine it has changed. I'm sure you don't get a "gift card" to use separately at all.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MamaFrog said:

 

Hello Cruiseluvva

Thank you for answering and apologies for delay 

The Gift Credit from the Little Luxuries selection ; the information on line says " Gift Credit can be used across the Cunard Fleet, whether for shore events, fabulous mementos or even a celebratory bottle of Champagne."

I am wondering if one is able to spend it in the bars and for alternative dining - or has to use the shops?

 

Somebody told me it has to be spent all at once - no remaining credit!

 

I was hoping it could be used across the voyage - maybe cocktails or alternative dining one day, and something from the duty free later ?  If one is able to add it to onboard credit that would be ideal.

 

Thanks again for your reply

Hoping you or somebody else has the answer

Mama Frog

We had some too a few years back when Cunard were offering an extremely attractive rate to purchase USD Gift Credits (OBC) which were priced in GBP. I think any reference to having to be used all at once actually means it (the Gift Credit) has to be used during the course of one voyage as any remaining credit will not be refunded and cannot be transferred to a future voyage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brilliant question...! 

 

People, well family, have been asking what I want for my 40th, and I am just going to ask them to get me vouchers that I can apply to my account and then not worry about treating myself to whatever onboard whenever I like! 

 

Brilliant! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, North West Newbie said:

We had some too a few years back when Cunard were offering an extremely attractive rate to purchase USD Gift Credits (OBC) which were priced in GBP. I think any reference to having to be used all at once actually means it (the Gift Credit) has to be used during the course of one voyage as any remaining credit will not be refunded and cannot be transferred to a future voyage.

 

Thanks for the input North West Newbie.;that feels helpful 😃

 

There doesn'tactually  seem a way to add to one's on board credit now before the voyage; if anyone knows different please advise 🙂

 

The Gift Card I speak of is available in Little Luxuries, and I am wondering if one can use it as OBC - across bars and alternative dining - or whether one is limited to shop purchases.

 

🐸

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MamaFrog said:

 

Thanks for the input North West Newbie.;that feels helpful 😃

 

There doesn'tactually  seem a way to add to one's on board credit now before the voyage; if anyone knows different please advise 🙂

 

The Gift Card I speak of is available in Little Luxuries, and I am wondering if one can use it as OBC - across bars and alternative dining - or whether one is limited to shop purchases.

 

🐸

From Cunard T&Cs

 

Gift credits can be used against any items featured within our Gift Collection as well as purchases made in the shops, florist, photograph gallery, bars, art gallery or shore excursions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, T5LHR said:

Brilliant question...! 

 

People, well family, have been asking what I want for my 40th, and I am just going to ask them to get me vouchers that I can apply to my account and then not worry about treating myself to whatever onboard whenever I like! 

 

Brilliant! 

Hello Sunshine 😃

Exactly what I was thinking for Jenny's 50th

 

We had problems with a Hilton Voucher I was lucky enough to get for my birthday - as restrictions meant I couldn't save any to carry over for another time (they said) - and I just want to avoid similar disappointments.

A  Gift Card being restricted to particular voyage wouldn't be a problem here - it's supposed to be mega-treat time 🥳

What I'm thinking is - for example - 

Gift Card $200 - over a week might be be used for

1 lunch at the Verandah steak house for 2, 1 Pan-Asian dinner for 2 in Bamboo, Cocktails in the Commodore, and a wee cigar in Churchills

 or

a box of Godiva chocolates, a few glasses of good wine for the table in Britannia, a couple of drinks in one of the bars and a box of cigars

But if it's restricted to champagne, spa, and souvenirs I would have one unhappy lassie!

 

Fingers crossed more info filters through - and we will both know how to manage birthday lists to best advantage 😁

(Hope you had a good time with your Mum)

🐸

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

From Cunard T&Cs

 

Gift credits can be used against any items featured within our Gift Collection as well as purchases made in the shops, florist, photograph gallery, bars, art gallery or shore excursions

 Thank you Victoria2 😃!

That's wonderful 🥳

I shall ensure we put Gift Cards on our Christmas lists too!

🐸

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MamaFrog said:

 

Thanks for the input North West Newbie.;that feels helpful 😃

 

There doesn'tactually  seem a way to add to one's on board credit now before the voyage; if anyone knows different please advise 🙂

 

The Gift Card I speak of is available in Little Luxuries, and I am wondering if one can use it as OBC - across bars and alternative dining - or whether one is limited to shop purchases.

 

🐸

Our Gift Credits were purchased by me over the telephone with Cunard and they were added to the voyage by me quotation the booking reference(s) at the time of purchase. The credit(s) showed up on the onboard account as “Company Cruise Credit” and were used to settle all onboard spend with the exception of the Casino and Bingo. Likewise, I imagine that any gift purchases made via the Voyage Personaliser will automatically be allocated to the voyage that one is logged into.

 

I have no experience of receiving Cunard Gift Credits independently but it would seem logical that in order to use them on a particular voyage, one must contact Cunard prior to sailing and request that are redeemed against the Booking Reference of choice.

Edited by North West Newbie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The gift voucher just gets applied to your on board account, just like putting down real hard cash.  It will be used to pay down your on board purchases ANYTHING you purchase on board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Sauer-kraut said:

The gift voucher just gets applied to your on board account, just like putting down real hard cash.  It will be used to pay down your on board purchases ANYTHING you purchase on board.

Not exactly. Unlike hard cash any remaining credit will not be refunded and in my experience all forms of OBC cannot be redeemed against gambling activities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, North West Newbie said:

Our Gift Credits were purchased by me over the telephone with Cunard and they were added to the voyage by me quotation the booking reference(s) at the time of purchase. The credit(s) showed up on the onboard account as “Company Cruise Credit” and were used to settle all onboard spend with the exception of the Casino and Bingo. Likewise, I imagine that any gift purchases made via the Voyage Personaliser will automatically be allocated to the voyage that one is logged into.

 

I have no experience of receiving Cunard Gift Credits independently but it would seem logical that in order to use them on a particular voyage, one must contact Cunard prior to sailing and request that are redeemed against the Booking Reference of choice.

Brilliant 🙂 
Thank you.

It would be birthday treat money - so not looking to bring any back ; just a wide onboard choice 🙂

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sauer-kraut said:

The gift voucher just gets applied to your on board account, just like putting down real hard cash.  It will be used to pay down your on board purchases ANYTHING you purchase on board.

Thank you Sauer-kraut 🙂

Simply would rather have the choice of drinks + chocolates or a special meal than find out it's bottles of wine or flowers only!

 

Sounds just the ticket!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, North West Newbie said:

Not exactly. Unlike hard cash any remaining credit will not be refunded and in my experience all forms of OBC cannot be redeemed against gambling activities.

 

Understood NWN - thanks for that.

We like watching the tables for a wee while - especially when people are lucky - but don't play.

Nothing against it - am just not born lucky, and a tad risk averse.

Especially with money  ( must be the Scottish heritage 😂)

All the best

🐸

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brilliant replies, thank you! 

 

Its settled, I will be asking for Cunard gift cards for Christmas and my birthday! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T5LHR said:

Brilliant replies, thank you! 

 

Its settled, I will be asking for Cunard gift cards for Christmas and my birthday! 

If I happen to be onboard I'll buy you a drink too.     So when is this special b2b  😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

If I happen to be onboard I'll buy you a drink too.     So when is this special b2b  😂

 May 6th 2020... 

 

Queens is sold out both ways though, so you will have to slum it in Princess! 😉 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...