No Shore Excursions in Panama on 10-DAY PANAMA CANAL SUNFARER

Roktory

When I first booked this cruise I was interested in seeing the new canal, at that time there was a Shore Excursions to the canal visors center, along with many other for lake Gatun and surrounding area. 

Today I was looking at Shore Excursions and I found that our cruise sails into lake Gatun  and then sails back out with no Shore Excursions listed.

Am I missing something did Panama become unsafe, or something?

1 hour ago, CanEcosse said:

We are doing this cruise in October and it shows as "cruising only" except for 1 hour of Shore Excursions 9am to 10am on October 26th with  "Access to Shore Limited to Shore Excursions Only"

I’ve done the Sunfarer cruise and while the excursions only go at a certain time they are for extended hours.

Normally there is a boat cruise around the locks, Embera village and several others.

I would suggest the OP just call the shore excursion number (below when you look to book tours on the same page) and they may be able to help.

when you do the Sunfarer, you MUST do a HAL tour if you want to get off the ship.  It’s a Panama Canal rule.  Often the excursions are picked up at the exit point of Gatun Lake.

some like to stay on the ship and others do the tours.  Either way, you can’t go wrong 😉 

• Like 1