Cruise Critic Community
Beltonian

Solo Cabin MV Columbus

In case anyone is interested here is a short video tour of my solo cabin (Deck 10) taken on last year's world trip. It is a pretty amateurish film but may give potential travellers a taste of what it was like.  I found it very comfortable and more spacious than I had anticipated.  It had everything I needed other than a kettle although this wasn't a showstopper.   I am glad, however, that CMV has now put one in these cabins.  The fridge was especially useful to keep water cold prior to shore excursions particularly when sailing through the hotter climes .

Any comments good or bad will be welcomed.

Cabin Tour.MTS

Thanks for sharing this.  I'm in a solo cabin on deck 9 on Columbus in November so having this visual was helpful.

Although my cabin, as I indicated before, was on deck 10 so far as I know they are all to the same standard and layout.  Unlike when I travelled, of course, there are now kettles in the cabin.  Hope you have a great trip and the weather is favourable..

Thanks - very helpful.  I have only sailed CMV once, on Marco Polo but would like to give Columbus a go at some point.  Were you offered a choice of bed configuration - i.e. twin or double?

Hello,

To be frank, I honestly can't remember if I was offered a choice of bed configuration.  If you want a double I would suggest contacting CMV Customer Services who may be able to put a marker down.  I did meet some people who had an inside cabin on Deck 9 who had a double so assume it's possible.

Hope it works out for you.

On 8/9/2019 at 6:56 PM, Britboys said:

Thanks - very helpful.  I have only sailed CMV once, on Marco Polo but would like to give Columbus a go at some point.  Were you offered a choice of bed configuration - i.e. twin or double?

I have sailed on Columbus several times.I always have a single cabin on deck 6 midships, identical to the one in the video and yes you can have a double bed configuration. Also I can confirm there are tea/coffee making facilities in cabins. I will be on her again this Christmas and New Year.