Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
bones774

Shareholder benefits and Solo's

Recommended Posts

Hi, I'm looking for real world answers not referral to FAQ, please, I know what that says. I know NCL policy states if you paid 0% single supplement you get 1/2 of the shareholder benefits but what about if you paid 50% supplement or another %? How have solo cruisers been affected if at all recently?

For the record I've applied 4 times and received it 4 times with one of those being 1/2 of benefits, so there seems to be no rhyme or reason.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just received confirmation on my OBC for $100, with a single-cruiser discount, for a cruise next month but I don't know what % the discount was.  I've also applied 4 times and gotten the full benefit, but I can't recall for sure how many of those cruises have included the single-cruiser discount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They don't apply it consistently. I think it depends who in Miami picks up the OBC submission. I've booked with no supplement and 150% supplement. Sometimes they reduce the obc, other times I get the full amount. I did a B2B last year. Both cruises no supplement. First cruise got full benefit. Second cruise got half the benefit. The policy makes no sense to me. If I buy the required number of shares, I am entitled to the full benefit. NCL always wants to give passenger 1 $50 and passenger 2 $50. But my passenger 2 (when I travel with someone) doesn't own NCL stock and is not entitled to any benefit. The actual shareholder should get the full credit if they meet the ownership requirements. Whether they are traveling solo or not has no bearing on the issue. The intent of the program is to reward stock ownership.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

7 hours ago, blcruising said:

They don't apply it consistently. I think it depends who in Miami picks up the OBC submission. I've booked with no supplement and 150% supplement. Sometimes they reduce the obc, other times I get the full amount. I did a B2B last year. Both cruises no supplement. First cruise got full benefit. Second cruise got half the benefit. The policy makes no sense to me. If I buy the required number of shares, I am entitled to the full benefit. NCL always wants to give passenger 1 $50 and passenger 2 $50. But my passenger 2 (when I travel with someone) doesn't own NCL stock and is not entitled to any benefit. The actual shareholder should get the full credit if they meet the ownership requirements. Whether they are traveling solo or not has no bearing on the issue. The intent of the program is to reward stock ownership.

What do you do, if anything when they give half of it to pax2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, CookieShip said:

 

What do you do, if anything when they give half of it to pax2?

Well, in my case, since she is co-owner of the shares, I let her keep it 😉

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been given the stock  OBC on every cruise I applied for.  All booked via CAS.  and since all CAS bookings have no solo supplement,  I assume this is relevant to your question. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jaja said:

I have been given the stock  OBC on every cruise I applied for.  All booked via CAS.  and since all CAS bookings have no solo supplement,  I assume this is relevant to your question. 

 

Do all CAS bookings have no solo supplements?, or only comped cruises?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JohnChiang said:

 

Do all CAS bookings have no solo supplements?, or only comped cruises?

Only players at Ruby or Elite level don't have to pay the solo supplement for CAS bookings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not Ruby or Elite ...I am lowest level....and have never paid solo supplement.  Guess I am lucky !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well nothing we can do about it, at least most of time we get full benefit as per response here thanks all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since my new wife and I both have owned the required 100 shares, and since they only give one benefit per cabin, and no other dividend... it makes no sense to hold her shares any longer (not even as an “investment”). So we will sell her shares, and use the proceeds toward the purchase of RCCL stock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

unless the fare is zero supplement for solos and you pay for two cabins and get it applied to each cabin, lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2019 at 11:24 PM, bones774 said:

unless the fare is zero supplement for solos and you pay for two cabins and get it applied to each cabin, lol 

Hey...I had forgotten about that 'work around'...not thinking like a 'solo' anymore...😉

Thanks for reminding me!🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

plus the two cabins could make for some nice erotic foreplay 😜,

knock knock " cabin boy here ma'am"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...