Cruise Critic Community
K Cross

S Class Celebrity Suite Question

We are reserved in a Celebrity Suite on the Equinox on the "hump" (NOT on a slant). A Celebrity Suite on the back slant of the hump has opened up. I understand they have a larger balcony, but are their other benefits or issues with a slant suite? Thanks for any help. Need to decide if we want to change cabins.

The Celebrity suites are pretty standard- I do not recall a "better" one. 

Really nice suites and you will enjoy it.  We are going on the Equinox this week in our first Royal suite and looking forward to it!  A special anniversary treat!

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, K Cross said:

We are reserved in a Celebrity Suite on the Equinox on the "hump" (NOT on a slant). A Celebrity Suite on the back slant of the hump has opened up. I understand they have a larger balcony, but are their other benefits or issues with a slant suite? Thanks for any help. Need to decide if we want to change cabins.

I have been in both a regular CS and ones on the slant. If there is a difference in square footage in the cabin, I never noticed it. The balcony is much larger.  If the cabin is on the back side of the hump, wind will not be an issue.  

My advice: Take.The.Larger. Balcony.

Edited by Straughn
Spelling

There is no difference in the cabins.  The difference is in the balconies.  Do not rely on deck plans to show this.  You must see it.  The balconies on the slant are larger.  I would definitely move.

We’ve been in Celebrity Suites just off the hump (on slant) as well as Celebrity Suites not on the slant.

As others have said, there are no real differences in the inside of the stateroom. The difference is definitely in the size of the balcony. If you spend any time on the balcony at all, take the Celebrity Suite on the slant because it has a larger balcony.

Randy

We had one on the slant and loved it! Was much bigger, and a great view too. I would grab it! 

What they said! Our friends were in a CS with the slanted balcony, we were in a RS - their balcony was probably more spacious than ours! It's a great balcony! Go for it. 😊

I agree - we have had CS cabins on the hump, one with a straight balcony and other on the slant (rear of the hump).  The slanted balcony was much larger - the cabins themselves were identical.  The deck plan implies that the cabin is also slanted.  It is not - it is the same shape and size cabin, with a much nicer balcony.  I would go for it, should you get the chance.

If I had a chance at a rear facing balcony, I’d jump on it.  That being said, both cabins are great.  

Rollie

Thanks everyone for your feedback. This morning I was able to switch cabins. Looking forward to October!!