Flight out of Miami

crusingteacher

Arriving at 6am doesn't mean getting off at 6:05, although RCI pretty good about rapid disembarking from their mega ships.

If you grab a taxi, and get off as quickly as possible, maybe. Do you have TSA Pre? But MIA is not always a smooth flowing airport. I doubt I would try it.

American airlines has changed our flight to depart at 12 noon from Miami. (was 1:45 PM) What are the chances we could make this? We are scheduled to arrive Ft Lauderdale at 6 AM on Seranade this November. We have too much luggage for walkoff.

POM to MIA airport is a 15-20+ minute cab ride ($27+tip).  A noon flight will be easy. A 10:00 flight is too risky for me, but you could line up VERY early, carry your bags off, and pray that there are no issues with customs and immigration.  As long as you are in a cab by 8:00 you should be okay. 

Do you want to spend your cruise worried about making your flight home? :classic_huh: I would book a flight closer to noon, but it is your call.

11 hours ago, BillHana said:

American airlines has changed our flight to depart at 12 noon from Miami. (was 1:45 PM) What are the chances we could make this? We are scheduled to arrive Ft Lauderdale at 6 AM on Seranade this November. We have too much luggage for walkoff.

Noon will be fine.

Keith

11 hours ago, crusingteacher said:

Has anyone done a flight of Miami airport at 10 a.m?  We are on the Oasis of the Seas Dec. 15-22. Says that the ship will arrive at 6 a.m. 

If it was any other cruise ship I would say no.

However this class of RCI ships is designed for a quick disembarkation and embarkations.

As CruiseBruce noted there is always risk.  For example a delay arriving to port.  However, if the ship arrives on schedule for this ship you could make it.

Keith

Yup, on Oasis a 10AM flight would be easy barring unusual delays. And unusual delays are unusual.  So most likely just fine. We disembark Oasis around 6:45AM and we are in our vehicle shortly after 7.  Home by 7:25 or so.  We live further than the airport.  Go for it.  Just make sure you walk off with your bags around 6:30 or so. 

• 2 weeks later...

It also depends on which airline you are flying.  If you are on American Airlines, there is usually a long line waiting to check in and then go thru security at MIA (our experience many times).  I think 10am is way too early for a flight out of MIA from either POM or Pt Everglades.  Having to rush to get to your gate is not a fun way to head home.

1 hour ago, Diver2014 said:

It also depends on which airline you are flying.  If you are on American Airlines, there is usually a long line waiting to check in and then go thru security at MIA (our experience many times).  I think 10am is way too early for a flight out of MIA from either POM or Pt Everglades.  Having to rush to get to your gate is not a fun way to head home.

I have a friend who regularly takes 10am flights off cruises and is usually at her gate by 7:30am or so.  This isn't difficult at all. Especially on Oasis which has a very efficient self disembarkation.