Cruise Critic Community
micmacmissy

What is Infinity like these days?

Might take a quick 5-night in January and Infinity is the one that fits the bill.  We have been on Mercury (1999), Millennium (2007), and Silhouette (2013) but none since then.

We loved the t-pool on Millennium...wondering if Infinity has that?  Anyone on there recently that can give us an idea how the service and specialty restaurants are onboard these days?

Looking at a possible Concierge cabin in the aft - any thoughts on that?

Thanks!

I was on infinity last month and she is definitely showing her age in some areas ( guest rooms and the bathrooms). But what stood out for me was the attitude of indifference from staff. On past cruises, service stood out, making our cruise special. 

I was on infinity for a short 4 nighter I’m March. The stateroom baths (grout/tile) were showing their age. Some public area toilets were out of order. The Persian garden had seen better days too. Other than that, it was beautifully maintained and cared for. We had above and beyond service every day and every meal, without exception.   I traveled with friends that are carnival and rc regulars and they thought it was the nicest cruise they’d ever sailed, by a factor of 10. 

15 hours ago, DanaDanes said:

I was on infinity for a short 4 nighter I’m March. The stateroom baths (grout/tile) were showing their age. Some public area toilets were out of order. The Persian garden had seen better days too. Other than that, it was beautifully maintained and cared for. We had above and beyond service every day and every meal, without exception.   I traveled with friends that are carnival and rc regulars and they thought it was the nicest cruise they’d ever sailed, by a factor of 10. 

Thanks for this - we'll be on Infinity in October for my 2nd and my husband's 1st cruise!

I’ve been wondering the same thing. We’ve been on the Summit and Equinox, and we’ve talked our die-hard Carnival-loving friends into joining us on the Infinity

next March. I hope it doesn’t disappoint!

We were on it in October 2017 (I realize that is now 2 years ago), however we thought it held up well, and we didn't see any problem areas.  Not all the new amenities of the S-Class ships (we've been on the Silhouette), but still beautiful nonetheless.  Yes, it had the T-Pool, and we used it a few times...was awesome!  The staff was terrific!

I’m on it now - sofa bed has seen better days and the bathroom grouting could do with attention but apart from that the cabin looks good . Balcony has some rust but that’s expected on any ship . All the public areas are clean and food last night was great 

We did a a b2b 9-nighter on the Infinity in Dec. of 2018...the ship was meticulously taken care of the entire time.  Hallway carpeting was replaced being on the floors we stayed on.  We had aft cabins on both cruises, 7208 and 9162.  Both balconies were great although 7208 seemed like you sitting in a tunnel.  9162 was directly beneath the bar on top.  So we would ocassionally have music, which was nice.  We would book another cruise on this ship.

Just off the July 27th sailing....thought the service was very good. Didn't try any specialty restaurants. We all loved the buffet which had many, many options on both sides as opposed to having the same thing on each side. Our cabin was fine...no isues there. I understand the ship will be going into drydock for a complete overhaul next year. I have to say disembarkation was the fastest and best I've ever encountered. Enjoy!

Ship is definitely showing its age, we were on for 9 days in March . Had a celebrity suite that was in sad shape. Buffet was nice, suite perks are great.