Cruise Critic Community
djb78

In regular mini suite but got club class dining?

My wife booked a regular "ME" class cabin for my family of 4. It looks like the club class minis are "M1" category. She was a little disappointed because the early traditional dinner was gone and we were given anytime dining. Today I was doing the online check-in. I tried to change to traditional, and it seemed to let me, but didn't list a time. Since I didn't want to get stuck with late dinner (not great with young kids) I changed it back to anytime. And now it shows club class -requested and club class -confirmed. Glitch? Hack? Plat perk? Do all minis get club class dining now? Or are some ships retroactively expanding the club class to other minis? What about the other perks - any chance of getting those? Really, I only care about the wine, since we won't be doing any specialty dining, and we're already Plat so we get the priority check-in.

TIA.

I don't think Club Class has a special wine list, just the regular MDR one.

Only M1 minis have club class dining or so thought.  I caught a special sale last year and snagged a MI cabin for our first and most likely only club class.  It was interesting but certainly not worth the extra $$$ they charge since most of the perks we get by being elite.  In answer to the OP's question, the wine list is the same as everyone sees in the MDR.   

Posted (edited)

Are you in the same ME cabin as booked?

Has your cabin been reclassified from ME to M1?

Did Princess give you a free upgrade to an M1 Club Class cabin?

Not a plat perk.  Nor arr all minis now Club Class.

Edited by pms4104

One of the reasons we've never experienced club class is that the ME cabins - our absolute favorites for the covered balconies - are not included. 

Someone posted a similar issue a few weeks ago.

For them it was a glitch in the system.

If you are still in the same ME cabin , then it is most likely a Glitch .

Perhaps you were upgraded ??????

Three comments...

• The only real difference between Mini-Suite and Club Class Mini-Suite are seats in the CC dining area.

• CCs sell out faster than plain mini-suites, so Princess is slowly reclassifying more MAs to M1s, ..., MEs to M5s, etc., trying to find the balance between CC and non-CC.

• If you find they've reclassified your paid-for-as-a-ME stateroom to a M5 while your back was turned, smile!

Screenshot-2019-08-08-Booking-Summary-Cr

Looks like it was a glitch. It was gone next time I logged in. I can change it back but it will vanish again.

3 hours ago, djb78 said:

Looks like it was a glitch. It was gone next time I logged in. I can change it back but it will vanish again.

Another Princess IT dept wonder.

15 hours ago, steelers36 said:

Another Princess IT dept wonder.

What???

What does that mean?

We are in Mini-Suite Stateroom A230, Category MB

Anytime Dining requested

Anytime Dining is confirmed

.....but it also has:

Dining Requested: Club Class
Dining Confirmed: Club Class

???? What does all this mean?

Is it still Anytime Dining, but

"An exclusive area of the Main Dining Room featuring expedited seating with no wait."

..." You'll also enjoy expanded menu options, dedicated waitstaff, uniquely styled decor, table-side preparation and more!"

..." Enjoy even more delicious dining with options offered expressly to Club Class Mini-Suite and Suite guests. "

Even though we are Category MB ??

2 minutes ago, CFLCruisers said:

What???

What does that mean?

Anytime Dining requested

.....but it also has:

"An exclusive area of the Main Dining Room featuring expedited seating with no wait."

..." You'll also enjoy expanded menu options, dedicated waitstaff, uniquely styled decor, table-side preparation and more!"

..." Enjoy even more delicious dining with options offered expressly to Club Class Mini-Suite and Suite guests. "

As others have reported, it seems to disappear about as quickly as it appears. 

(We have never booked a Mini so can't say I have seen it in person).

30 minutes ago, CFLCruisers said:

What???

What does that mean?

Anytime Dining requested

.....but it also has:

A230 is not a Club Class mini.

CC minis are an M1

Since Club Class has come in we have always booked a Club Class as we enjoy the anytime dining at the time that suits us which can be a different time every night.  We also like that we have the same servers in a special part of the dining room.   Other than that as we are Elite, the rest of the extras really doesn't affect us. 

We are booked on the Grand Princess for a cruise from Singapore to Southampton in March, 2021 and already all the Club Class Mini's have been sold.  As we normally cruise on the Sun Class, we have only had those open balconies once before when on the Emerald when Club Class first appeared, but as the Club Class mini's are in the centre of the ship, we will have 38 days of an open balcony unless we get an upsell to a suite which did happen a few years ago on the Diamond. That is the one drawback of Club Class unfortunately.

My friend who travels on HAL, told me that HAL is now trying to implement a similar class only I think they are calling it Orange. 

Jennie

Royal P. A230 is a regular mini-suite, hence my confusion. Club class dining has now disappeared! Darn, I thought that I was getting a nice dinning upgrade.😂

22 hours ago, djb78 said:

My father always told me easy come easy go. 😩

Tony

It doesn't really matter what your Cruise Personalizer says. My Cruise Personalizer said Anytime Dining for a cruise in a suite, but I still ate in Club Class. When you arrive in Club Class the first time, the greeter will ask for your name and cabin number, and she will check it on her list. You may or may not be asked the second time, and after that they will recognize you.

37 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

It doesn't really matter what your Cruise Personalizer says. My Cruise Personalizer said Anytime Dining for a cruise in a suite, but I still ate in Club Class. When you arrive in Club Class the first time, the greeter will ask for your name and cabin number, and she will check it on her list. You may or may not be asked the second time, and after that they will recognize you.

That is the way it is supposed to be. Suites/Club Class defaults to anytime dining.

1 hour ago, neverbeenhere said:

Eason, Grogan, Millen, Kapp hmmmm

Surely, dad was speaking of quarterbacks? 

Good one!! 😁🏉😁🏉

Tony

On 8/9/2019 at 4:11 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

A230 is not a Club Class mini.

CC minis are an M1

Close, but there are ex-ME's reclassified as CC and show as M5's.  Could be other sub-categories, too.

But, yes, if the stateroom is still an ME, that's not the case.  😞  

50 minutes ago, Haboob said:

Close, but there are ex-ME's reclassified as CC and show as M5's.  Could be other sub-categories, too.

But, yes, if the stateroom is still an ME, that's not the case.  😞  

Do you know which ships have reclassified?  Has I said in an earlier post the ME minis are our favorites and since location is most important to us we’ve never chosen a club class mini.  If they reclassified some MEs we might be encouraged to do so.  Thanks.

4 hours ago, capriccio said:

Do you know which ships have reclassified?  Has I said in an earlier post the ME minis are our favorites and since location is most important to us we’ve never chosen a club class mini.  If they reclassified some MEs we might be encouraged to do so.  Thanks.

Sorry, it's been a while.  I saw them when I was shopping for cruises, said "Oh! That's strange" but decided against that itinerary.  I don't even remember which itinerary, much less ship.

For what it's worth, look for ships that ask you about departure date when viewing deckplans.  Most of the time if a drydock isn't involved, the change is adding (or dropping?) CC to a few mini-suites.  They'll even add CC to a starboardside stateroom without adding it to the corresponding portside stateroom.

I booked an inside a few weeks ago and it showed "Club Class  Confirmed" for a while, and then it was gone. 😞