Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
jlocole

Hyatt Place - Value Trips, March 2020

Recommended Posts

Should I be hopeful ValueTrips.com will offer rooms at Hyatt Place during the period Jan - April?

Or do they only ever offer May - Dec rates?

I have sent them 2 emails but they have not responded to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know if they have changed anything but they've always offered stays year round.  We were staying at HP this past March and I  think it may have been sometime in Dec 18 that we saw a rate posted by VT.  By then I had already booked thru a different booking site.  I believe if I had waited to use VT I would have saved about $40 per nite.  

 

There were a lot of information on CC regarding VT prior to our trip and it was mostly cautionary.  Most posts said follow up with phone calls if you do reserve using VT.  Do a search on this site and you will see.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree ValueTrips will release there 2020 schedule anytime between Oct-Dec. We've used them a few times for Hyatt Place with absolutely no complaints. I'm booked at HP again for this October...but I may change and book with Hyatt membership directly instead. Only a $1.00 difference and booking with Hyatt we get the breakfast (which used to be included) and the points. I'll call to confirm with Hyatt if I have to cancel and re-book...no big deal if I do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Ashland said:

Agree ValueTrips will release there 2020 schedule anytime between Oct-Dec. We've used them a few times for Hyatt Place with absolutely no complaints. I'm booked at HP again for this October...but I may change and book with Hyatt membership directly instead. Only a $1.00 difference and booking with Hyatt we get the breakfast (which used to be included) and the points. I'll call to confirm with Hyatt if I have to cancel and re-book...no big deal if I do.

I have researched ValueTrips.  Lots of good posts on here.

I am under the impression if you are a Hyatt member breakfast is included.

I do have a cancel-able reservation at Wyndham Garden Ft Lau in Dania Beach that is the same price as HP would be through VT.   Would you agree Hyatt Place is a better option than the Wyndham?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jlocole said:

I have researched ValueTrips.  Lots of good posts on here.

I am under the impression if you are a Hyatt member breakfast is included.

I do have a cancel-able reservation at Wyndham Garden Ft Lau in Dania Beach that is the same price as HP would be through VT.   Would you agree Hyatt Place is a better option than the Wyndham?

When we stayed this past March we gave them our Hyatt membership number even though we did not book direct with them.  We did have free breakfast .....but the meal was maybe a 5 out of 10. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Paulinda said:

When we stayed this past March we gave them our Hyatt membership number even though we did not book direct with them.  We did have free breakfast .....but the meal was maybe a 5 out of 10. 

Thanks...breakfast isn't that big of a deal. We would much rather go to one of our favorite diner's...Grandpa's Bakery or Lester's since we'll have a car and be staying 3 post-cruise days.

I just thought it might help us to check in earlier and get a higher floor room if I booked directly with Hyatt...What do you think....leave it alone with VT and give my membership number when we check in or book directly with Hyatt ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Thanks...breakfast isn't that big of a deal. We would much rather go to one of our favorite diner's...Grandpa's Bakery or Lester's since we'll have a car and be staying 3 post-cruise days.

I just thought it might help us to check in earlier and get a higher floor room if I booked directly with Hyatt...What do you think....leave it alone with VT and give my membership number when we check in or book directly with Hyatt ?

 

I guess my gut feel is to just stay with the VT reservation.  I did call HP before we left to confirm a room at that particular location.  It wouldn't hurt to call them and see if you could request a room on a specific floor.  We did like the location so convenient to Harbor Shops. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried booking with vt for our cruise in dec, here is the response I  got.

At this time, rooms are not available at the ValueTrips.com rate for this location on the dates you requested and your reservation was not booked. Value Rates are blacked out December 27-30, 2019.

 Its not when you go to their page? Can anyone advise?

April 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, april_4_us said:

I tried booking with vt for our cruise in dec, here is the response I  got.

At this time, rooms are not available at the ValueTrips.com rate for this location on the dates you requested and your reservation was not booked. Value Rates are blacked out December 27-30, 2019.

 Its not when you go to their page? Can anyone advise?

April 

Their website does say during "holidays" which apparently they consider your dates part of. It's Hyatt that excludes certain dates and times available for VT to book.

Have you checked directly on the Hyatt website for pricing?

Edited by Ashland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I stayed there, we had a free continental breakfast.

 

Do they not offer the free continental breakfast any more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, phabric said:

When I stayed there, we had a free continental breakfast.

 

Do they not offer the free continental breakfast any more?

You need to join Hyatt's guest program. It takes but a few minutes on their main site, free, and easy to use and receive reduced rates and the free hotel breakfast. I joined years ago and have received comp upgrades, free night stays, assorted freebies when checking in to their hotels, and many times, not charged to park the car. You don't need to enroll in their credit card program - just join the main Hyatt guest program and receive your ID# and create your own password log in. 

 

We're staying at Hyatt Place in Dania a few nights pre-cruise, and another 2 nights post cruise at the 17th St., location. 

 

Darcy
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I managed to book through another web site for Sept $129 includes free parking for 7 nights; transportation to the pier;  then I called them to book another night directly through them.. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, phabric said:

When I stayed there, we had a free continental breakfast.

 

Do they not offer the free continental breakfast any more?

When we stayed in March 2017 they had a hot breakfast available. Which was pretty good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, rjrice1 said:

I managed to book through another web site for Sept $129 includes free parking for 7 nights; transportation to the pier;  then I called them to book another night directly through them.. 

 

That's a pretty good deal.  Are you saying the shuttle to the terminal is free?  When we stayed this past March they used a 3rd party shuttle to the pier that cost $8 or $9 PP. 

 

Also the free breakfast we had included some eggs (not to order but scrambled), sausage/bacon.  Buffet style....make your own toast/bagel/eggo's , fruit, cereal, potatoes, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Paulinda said:

That's a pretty good deal.  Are you saying the shuttle to the terminal is free?  When we stayed this past March they used a 3rd party shuttle to the pier that cost $8 or $9 PP. 

 

Also the free breakfast we had included some eggs (not to order but scrambled), sausage/bacon.  Buffet style....make your own toast/bagel/eggo's , fruit, cereal, potatoes

free for the  2 then $7 pp   and price is now $149

Still not a bad deal to leave your car too.  

www. stay123.com  (I usually get betting deals with this one)

www.buyreservations.com

 

Edited by rjrice1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2019 at 7:05 AM, Paulinda said:

That's a pretty good deal.  Are you saying the shuttle to the terminal is free?  When we stayed this past March they used a 3rd party shuttle to the pier that cost $8 or $9 PP. 

 

Also the free breakfast we had included some eggs (not to order but scrambled), sausage/bacon.  Buffet style....make your own toast/bagel/eggo's , fruit, cereal, potatoes, etc.

 

For a couple, do we both have to be members for the breakfast? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You do not both have to be members for the free breakfast.  When you arrive for check-in you tell the desk clerk and provide the member number.  That's all we did.  I don't remember if he gave us tickets or if the hostess just checked us off.  I remember we were very early and they hadn't set the hot foods out yet.  So we had some coffee and other items and then went back.

 

It was interesting that there were several airline pilots and crew having breakfast.  It's not the best breakfast but it's OK.  Enjoy your stay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Paulinda said:

You do not both have to be members for the free breakfast.  When you arrive for check-in you tell the desk clerk and provide the member number.  That's all we did.  I don't remember if he gave us tickets or if the hostess just checked us off.  I remember we were very early and they hadn't set the hot foods out yet.  So we had some coffee and other items and then went back.

 

It was interesting that there were several airline pilots and crew having breakfast.  It's not the best breakfast but it's OK.  Enjoy your stay. 

Hyatt Place is contracted for booking flight crews with several carriers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...