Will Azamara stop sailings to Dubai?

oddjob16

I can’t see that Azamara would not take the ship through the Suez Canal and the Red Sea as it needs to be repositioned to the Southern Hemisphere, however I guess they could dock at Muscat then turn south, or even at Duqm which is an Omani port before Muscat. You’re right as two Saudi tankers have reported being attacked near Fujairah, even though it’s actually before the Straits of Hormuz.

11 hours ago, spikemom said:

Fujairah is where the trouble is, that's the actual oil port. Have you looked at a map? There is no way to do any part of the Persian Gulf if there are security issues.

I didn’t need to look at the map.  I know where it is.  As far as Fujairah is concerned it’s business as usual there.  Ships that were attacked had left from there, but were further north in the Straits of Hormuz which is more than 70 miles away.  It’s a fluid situation though and anything could happen.  I mentioned Fujairah as a possibility.  

It’s all part of the deal when we travel.  

Phil

• Like 3

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I didn’t need to look at the map.  I know where it is.  As far as Fujairah is concerned it’s business as usual there.  Ships that were attacked had left from there, but were further north in the Straits of Hormuz which is more than 70 miles away.  It’s a fluid situation though and anything could happen.  I mentioned Fujairah as a possibility.  

It’s all part of the deal when we travel.  

Phil

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/340040/celebrity-redeploys-constellation-for-winter-2020

I think Lisa Lutoff-Perlo's spin is where Azamara's comes from. Tampa renaissance so fitting for their revolutionised ship🙄

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, uktog said:

Thanks for the infor. We did that route on Constellation earlier this year. It was one of our favourite ever cruises. I would have been gutted if they'd cancelled it. Somehow don't think sailing from Tampa would compare :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, uktog said:

Celebrity have only cancelled the 2020-21 deployment the 2019-20 itineraries are still showing on their website, at the moment.

We wait and see if anything happens to our March 2020 Arabia Intensive on Quest, can see there maybe some changes to the itinerary but not sure what they would be.

Gibraltar has just released the Iranian oil tanker, lets hope that Iran will now release the UK oil tanker.

This should then lower tensions in the region.

Looking forward to our B2B 17th and 28th March 2020 cruises on the Quest.

Cheers Peter

Edited by baytraller
  • Like 2

We came off P&O 's Arcadia this morning and we had spoken to the future cruise sales rep about the Dubai cruises.  She said they have cancelled the whole season for Oceana sailing out of Dubai as it made more sense to do so, but no changes to the Arcadia World cruise as things may have settled by then, so no need for change at the present time.  She also said the other Carnival lines (e.g. Aida and the US based lines) have not been cancelled but P&O is considered at risk because of the union flag on the bow and the fact that they fly the red ensign.