Minor Traveling with Grandparents

Bama Fan

I would be careful with this and ask Carnival.  I work with a different cruise line and we will not allow a minor to check into a cabin by himself even tho there are adults checking in with him.  What if his parents are delayed and miss the ship?   Minors can not be in a cabin alone.

1 hour ago, mscinmia said:

I would be careful with this and ask Carnival.  I work with a different cruise line and we will not allow a minor to check into a cabin by himself even tho there are adults checking in with him.  What if his parents are delayed and miss the ship?   Minors can not be in a cabin alone.

On Carnival they can. Kids 12 & under can be in their own stateroom, but have to be next door or directly across the hall (as long as it's not a balcony). The older they get, the farther away they can be.

I'm not sure, but the OP's situation might cause an issue with this considering the parents are the ones who booked the child, not the grandparents.

On 8/8/2019 at 1:43 PM, Bama Fan said:

My 15 year old grandson will be riding with us to the port.  His parents will be arriving for the cruise later in the day.  Can we check him in with us?

This is from Carnival and I think will be a key factor in your situation:

• The bookings must be cross-referenced with the relative or guardian’s stateroom and documented properly.

This would mean that  your booking and your grandson's booking would need to be cross-referenced in order for him to check in with you. But since it's technically is parent's booking, not his, I don't know if they'd allow it. Or maybe they would let him board with you, but just won't give him access to his/his parent's cabin until the parents arrive. I'd definitely call them to find out for sure. You don't want any unwelcome surprises on embarkation day. Just keep in mind that Carnival reps. are notorious for giving different answers depending on who you talk to. If you have a PVP, call them.