Cruise Critic Community
Capt Krunch

Princess non-refundable deposits

48 minutes ago, Princess Cruises Fann said:

Can you refare a booking made with a FCD on a non-refundable sale if the price drops or a better sale comes along? I have refared my Princess Cruises quite often, and curious if I have to make sure my TA uses a non-refundable code for future sales. 

You can refare a NFD booking to get a lower price or switch to another NFD promo. But you can't switch to a promo that only has a refundable deposit option. 

Just told by Princess agent if using my FCD on a non refundable deposit booking, I can cancel before final payment and my FCD will go back in to my account. If it expires it will be refunded to the credit card I paid for it with.

17 minutes ago, dog said:

Just told by Princess agent if using my FCD on a non refundable deposit booking, I can cancel before final payment and my FCD will go back in to my account. If it expires it will be refunded to the credit card I paid for it with.

I think I would double check that because I have been told by Princess that if you book a non-refundable deposit with an FCD then you are subject to the rules of that booking and if it is a non-refundable deposit fare you will lose your FCD as a non-refundable deposit.  Princess does have a fare that offers a refundable deposit, check that out.

5 minutes ago, Capt Krunch said:

I think I would double check that because I have been told by Princess that if you book a non-refundable deposit with an FCD then you are subject to the rules of that booking and if it is a non-refundable deposit fare you will lose your FCD as a non-refundable deposit.  Princess does have a fare that offers a refundable deposit, check that out.

Well, I got this from two different Princess agents today. Told they have more flexibility with FCD and it will be put back into my account if I cancel before final payment.

If it is not honored I lose $100pp deposit, not the $458 non refundable deposit. They will be dealing with me if they do not honor it-I wrote down the agent's name.

I have been told by my TA and again by 2 different Princess agents there was no  refundable deposit pricing for my cruise.

Edited by dog