Cruise Critic Community
Cornishpastyman1

A sunny day in Stockholm (video)

From a Baltic cruise cruise from Copenhagen to Southampton via Stockholm, St Petersburg (3 days), Tallinn, Helsingborg and Skagen this was our day at the Swedish capital. https://youtu.be/ACGqw0VuUnk On a previous trip we docked at Nynasham for Stockholm and so missed the archipelago sail-in. Even though I had to get up at 4 it was worth it. We had hot sunshine throughout (July 23- 4 August) and had a great time. I hope you are as lucky. All the best, Tony

It sounds a great itinerary next year and will watch your video to help familiarise myself with the Baltic! Best wishes 

Dennis

3 hours ago, bucklde said:

It sounds a great itinerary next year and will watch your video to help familiarise myself with the Baltic! Best wishes 

Dennis

Hi Dennis

It was great, even the last 2 ports have a charm of their own and something well worth seeing. Will do the videos ASAP others. We weren't in Copenhagen long enough for a proper look so this is all I've got from there.  

Great video! Looks like you really had a great time plus the weather looked amazing! Thank you for sharing, can't wait to do a Baltic cruise again! 

Posted (edited)

In a senior moment, although I'm not that old, I missed out of my OP Helsinki as one of our destinations. This is what we did there - a harbour cruise, a walk around the market, Senate Square with a look inside the cathedral and the Flying Cinema (9 minutes). A very nice, clean city with plenty to do and see if you so wish.

For the first time we were cruising with a wheelchair which slightly limited our options, but only slightly. My mother can walk, just not very far without rest or a sit down so we brought a light, collapsible wheelchair with us. The only tour we booked anywhere was for the 3 days in St Petersburg and we got on very well with it there - I'll put the videos on a separate thread when they are done. Tony

Edited by Cornishpastyman1