Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
bling19572010

Adult only pool area

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, clo said:

Should I have written "pro-bias"?  I have a sincere concern, NBT (or is that nbt?).

I don’t want to play editor - I was just curious about word combination - feeling that being biased  somehow contradicts being liberal. 

 

Caps or or lower case - your choice ( except on formal night, when Nu Beta Tau is indicated).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something interesting,or not. I live in an all ages condo.We have 3 pools,an adult pool,a kids pool and a pool for adults and kids.In the nearly 17 years I have been living here I never saw more than 2 people in the adults pool.

The adults and kids pool (not adults with their kids) is always filled to capacity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

feeling that being biased  somehow contradicts being liberal. 

What I think I wrote (in code!) is that I'm a screaming, card-carrying liberal and have wondered if I'd be happier on an LGBTQ cruise where I'm pretty sure the majority of travelers would be left of center.

 

Re Nu Beta Tau I've made a note of that 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Something interesting,or not. I live in an all ages condo.We have 3 pools,an adult pool,a kids pool and a pool for adults and kids.In the nearly 17 years I have been living here I never saw more than 2 people in the adults pool.

The adults and kids pool (not adults with their kids) is always filled to capacity.

I just have one pool in my backyard and there has not been any children in it since we owned the house 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

I don’t want to play editor - I was just curious about word combination - feeling that being biased  somehow contradicts being liberal. 

 

Caps or or lower case - your choice ( except on formal night, when Nu Beta Tau is indicated).

 

Are you saying that liberals cannot be biased????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SRF said:

 

Are you saying that liberals cannot be biased????

I think this describes it for me:

To have personal biases is to be human. We all hold our own subjective world views and are influenced and shaped by our experiences, beliefs, values, education, family, friends, peers and others. Being aware of one's biases is vital to both personal well-being and professional success.Jul 12, 2016

Become Aware of Personal Bias, and You'll Improve Ethical Practice

 

https://www.shrm.org › behavioral-competencies › ethical-practice › pages

 

So my personal bias is towards progressive/liberal viewpoints.  I'm also a member of ACLU which doesn't always mesh with how I 'feel.'  But I put facts above think/feel/believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SRF said:

 

Are you saying that liberals cannot be biased????

Not at all.   

 

A major part of the original meaning of being liberal was to be tolerant of differences and to believe that people should be largely free of government direction.  This has  evolved into a thinking that government should limit certain individual differences in favor of a greater good - which unavoidably seems to require more, rather than less, government direction.

 

Most liberals (in my experience) claim to be less biased than conservatives, (and most conservatives similarly claim that they are less biased); the fact is anyone is likely to be biased in favor of his/her political slant.  Someone who self-identifies as an arch-conservative is likely to be heavily biased - just like a self-described screaming liberal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, navybankerteacher said:

Not at all.   

 

A major part of the original meaning of being liberal was to be tolerant of differences and to believe that people should be largely free of government direction.  This has  evolved into a thinking that government should limit certain individual differences in favor of a greater good - which unavoidably seems to require more, rather than less, government direction.

 

Most liberals (in my experience) claim to be less biased than conservatives, (and most conservatives similarly claim that they are less biased); the fact is anyone is likely to be biased in favor of his/her political slant.  Someone who self-identifies as an arch-conservative is likely to be heavily biased - just like a self-described screaming liberal.

Which I believe is the point I was trying to make.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not familiar with 'NBT', will someone please explain?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Slugsta said:

I am not familiar with 'NBT', will someone please explain?

I'm guessing you're referring to my reference.  "navybankerteacher."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, I was just checking. 😄

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, clo said:

I'm guessing you're referring to my reference.  "navybankerteacher."

 

Doh! :classic_blush:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...