Oasis of the seas suite selection

Considering upgrading to a crown loft suite. Anyone ever stay in one, is one better than another. There are several of them available, I can have my pick. I am thinking #1754.  I love an aft cabin but all of the aft suites face the sports deck. TIA

We have stayed in #1754 on both the Oasis and Allure. Would book this cabin again. Never had any issues. We are sailing 9-1-2019 on the Allure in Crown Loft  #1756. Sailed the Allure in Crown Loft #1732 on the aft 7-21-2019. While Frank 808 likes this cabin, the noise was a little loud for us.

22 hours ago, tennislvr8 said:

Thanks everyone, that what I suspected about the aft suites. There are three in our party one is 7 years old. We stayed in an aft suite on anthem and loved it, ocean views all day.

We've done a couple of CL's.  Side view for sure.  I always shoot for the center as the balconies are just a hair larger.  Also I try to stay away from the very front as you might hear some music from the pool deck (not sure if you will or not).  We are booked in 1710 on Harmony in Sep.  We did a family cruise a few years ago.  We had 11 of us (6 adults, 5 kids) in 3 CL's,  cabins 1744, 1746,1748.   We had the balconies opened and could easily go cabin to cabin on the balcony.  The proximity to the Suite Lounge is wonderful.  Also, as you have 3 in the cabin, the second bathroom is fantastic.   We had our oldest grandson (he was 12 at the time) in ours, and the other cabins each had 2 kids.  Having the loft was very nice.  I think you'll really enjoy an ocean view CL. 

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed in the very front crown loft suite on the harmony and loved it. It is slightly cheaper than the other side rooms because they said it was slightly obstructed but it wasn’t and we loved it. We loved the proximity to the lounge. We found it very quiet and enjoyable. We booked the same room on the oasis this year. 

6 hours ago, notafanofthecold said:

We stayed in the very front crown loft suite on the harmony and loved it. It is slightly cheaper than the other side rooms because they said it was slightly obstructed but it wasn’t and we loved it. We loved the proximity to the lounge. We found it very quiet and enjoyable. We booked the same room on the oasis this year. 

What room on both ships? 

Edited by tennislvr8

• 4 months later...

i was wondering for the aft facing cabins are the noise issues solely when on the balcony? i do realize it's facing a huge population of the ship so theres some to be expected on the balcony, but if being inside and closing the door gets rid of the noise that would be my expectation. it would be my 1st experience on royal and oasis is in NYC this may and thinking about doing it. the width of the ship is just amazing and while the views of the ocean are nice, ive been on 5 cruises where i've had that (including haven on NCL a few times) so maybe it's time to try something totally different and the CL aft seems totally different

54 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

i was wondering for the aft facing cabins are the noise issues solely when on the balcony? i do realize it's facing a huge population of the ship so theres some to be expected on the balcony, but if being inside and closing the door gets rid of the noise that would be my expectation. it would be my 1st experience on royal and oasis is in NYC this may and thinking about doing it. the width of the ship is just amazing and while the views of the ocean are nice, ive been on 5 cruises where i've had that (including haven on NCL a few times) so maybe it's time to try something totally different and the CL aft seems totally different

We were upgraded to a CL back in August via RoyalUp for an Oasis Med cruise.  I almost didn't put in a bid because I really, really, really didn't want an aft facing balcony. I did not want to give up our somewhat larger ocean view balcony (Ultra Spacious with large balcony) for something that didn't face the ocean.

11 days before the cruise I changed my mind and put in a weak bid, and low and behold, we won 1734. Not only were we on the back side but we were almost over the basketball court.  I was a bit disappointed.

To make a long story short, we LOVED the cabin.  We could see the ocean just fine, albeit a little farther away. We loved the people watching. We loved watching the divers practice in the Aqua theater, although that is probably more obstructed now with the Abyss.  Most of all, we had our breath taken away waking up to the sweeping views of our ports from the high vantage point of the deck. Barcelona, with La Sagrada Familia in the center and Naples were incredible. When I wanted closer ocean views, there were plenty of chairs around. 

I never remember once thinking it was loud on the balcony.  And we never heard a peep inside the cabin with the door closed.

We were so hooked, I went from dreading an aft Crown Loft to booking the same cabin for our next cruise.  I am looking forward to reading, watching people zip line, watching the divers (maybe), and just general people watching while still being able to watch the sea behind the ship as we sail.

1776925906_oasispanorama.thumb.jpg.ed094103b1a060bb37b5a5a652675e6a.jpg

Edited by cured
spelling

Per my post above, I did want to backtrack on the noise thing. There was one night where there was a huge, loud party on the boardwalk and we did hear it when we were on the balcony.  The band was at the closed end of the boardwalk so pretty much right below us.  Inside, we heard very faint music if you were standing right by the doors, enough to be curious as to what was going on outside and went out to check it out, but stepping a few feet into the cabin, nothing.

We never heard the basketball court and there were organized games continuously, mostly younger children.  Sitting on the balcony, you could occasionally hear the microphone of the lady running the games. But nothing too distracting. I think maybe being over the cutout from the boardwalk helped in the noise from the basketball court.