Cruise Critic Community
Shoppie124

New Breakaway inspection report

That score of 98 on June 30th does not surprise me one bit.  That's the day I boarded and the ship looked amazing, which I know is not the most important factor, however, everything looked very clean.  The food was great all week, all restaurants. Good for the BA staff and officers. 

Enjoy your cruise!

Was on Breakaway back in January and will be back on her at end of September.  Wonder if we will be able to see any change?

Unless you go behind the scenes or have an eagle eye for detail, you will never notice anything different.  I was on the BA right after the "failed" inspection and did not see one thing which would have concerned me.  I seen more violations in my local favorite restaurant than I seen on any cruise ship.

44 minutes ago, imacruiser99 said:

Unless you go behind the scenes or have an eagle eye for detail, you will never notice anything different.  I was on the BA right after the "failed" inspection and did not see one thing which would have concerned me.  I seen more violations in my local favorite restaurant than I seen on any cruise ship.

Yeah. The fridge at the snack bar at your local pool is 50x more horrifying than anything you'll find in an NCL cruise ship's fridge. 

Yeah I read the report from the failed Breakaway inspection and I wouldn’t have been concerned. The failed inspection on one of the Carnival ships that just happened would have me worried.

1 hour ago, imacruiser99 said:

Yea, I'm sure you ate right. I was just kinda joking really.

20 hours ago, Jasonmom said:

Yea, I'm sure you ate right. I was just kinda joking really.

Heck I am not a bad housekeeper by any means and I can imagine how poorly my own kitchen might be rated. I have seen restaurants where the ratings would fail in a second but have never been on a cruise ship, where I was worried about cleanliness. I am glad the Breakaway did have a nice report this time. Now, the NCL haters won't be able to post to let us know how dirty the ships must be. ☺️🍸

35 minutes ago, newmexicoNita said:

I am glad the Breakaway did have a nice report this time. Now, the NCL haters won't be able to post to let us know how dirty the ships must be. ☺️🍸

Agreed

I wonder if they got rid of the drink flight paddles?  Lat report there were a ton of violations and this report none... I’ll be on the Breakaway in less than two weeks!

A turnaround like this is pretty normal, what will indicate that there has been a change in training and management will be if the TREND of future inspections continue to be high. One inspection is merely a snapshot at that time.

We were on BA June 2-9 and it was awesome.  Clean, food best ever, etc.

this is just my opinion and mine alone. NCL has been cleaner than our last 6-7 carnival cruises. This has been years ago but the day we boarded the carnival ship was filthy. It went down hill from there. I know what it is like to keep a house clean with traffic in it so a ship has to be hard. You would expect it to be spotless as you board tho.