Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
tallnthensome

Children's specialty dining and pre-booking prices, how dumb.

Recommended Posts

This won't interest most but those of us with children have to agree X's pricing for specialty dining is just downright dumb. I am cruising the Silhouette next April with my 10 and 12 year old daughters. This will be there 7th cruise and our first on Celebrity. This qualifies them for the $10 pricing for specialty dining. We would like to buy a three day package and adult pricing is $129 for three days. It would obviously be $30 for the kids. When pre-booking on the website why on Earth are the kids charged $129 as well? It says they will be discounted on the ship in the form of OBC. This is a ridiculous policy and is there anything anywhere else in the cruise industry that works like this? How can you simply not just charge them the $30 as they have their ages listed when booking the package? Celebrity is essentially charging us an extra $100 cash each per kid and turning it into unwanted OBC. It's stupid .....  I know this is a rant but does it not seem outrageous? Imagine if they charged all of you,  let's say, $229 for a three day package and they'll give you $100 back in OBC once you board? Laughable right? This must be Celebrity's real way of discouraging parents of children from booking specialty dining. I won't book because of this and i'm sure those who dislike kids may think it's a good idea, but come on. I wish Lisa from Celebrity would actually read and comment on this dumb practice. Any way around this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RSLeesburg said:

What is cutoff for children pricing?  

12, and they have the ages listed when selecting those who will be be purchasing the dining packages. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe you could call to do this. It maybe that a live rep can take care of it for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, finny2 said:

Maybe you could call to do this. It maybe that a live rep can take care of it for you.

I will have to try but you know what I'm guessing their "policy" answer will be .......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with your reaction to this kind of arbitrary policy. I'd try calling to book the package with a Captains Club rep...and if the first one you call can't, I'd hang up and try calling again until you find someone with common sense. The website is notorious for being non-functional (or at best counter-intuitive)  unfortunately. Also, I'd question whether the OBC that will be refunded to you will be in the form of OBC-R. If that's the case, if unused it will be refunded to your credit card or if you prefer, you can get the cash the last day of the cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Luvcrusn said:

I agree with your reaction to this kind of arbitrary policy. I'd try calling to book the package with a Captains Club rep...and if the first one you call can't, I'd hang up and try calling again until you find someone with common sense. The website is notorious for being non-functional (or at best counter-intuitive)  unfortunately. Also, I'd question whether the OBC that will be refunded to you will be in the form of OBC-R. If that's the case, if unused it will be refunded to your credit card or if you prefer, you can get the cash the last day of the cruise.

Good question, refundable or non. Seems like a whole lot of unnecessary procedure ......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cut off is 12.
Perhaps this is for next year and your child will be 13 at the time of sailing, and the system is calculating it that way. But for the 10 yr old, I don't get it.
Do call Celebrity and ask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Good question, refundable or non. Seems like a whole lot of unnecessary procedure ......

You're correct, and why should X get to hold your money for the remaining time before your cruise even if it's OBC-R? I'm betting though that Captains club will be able to book with the children's rate though. Call 800-760-0654 until you get the answer you seek. Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The OP is simply asking too much of the Celebrity website. It’s sad but true that there are so many things on the website that make absolutely no sense from the user’s perspective.  It’s badly programmed, badly organized, and just sad in so many ways.  Luckily, this particular problem is easily solved on board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Cut off is 12.
Perhaps this is for next year and your child will be 13 at the time of sailing, and the system is calculating it that way. But for the 10 yr old, I don't get it.
Do call Celebrity and ask.

We cruise in April and she will turn 13 in August .... I will do so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Book yours now but dont book the children until you are onboard, easy solution.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

12, and they have the ages listed when selecting those who will be be purchasing the dining packages. 

Thanks.  I thought the age limits are lower on RCI, but wasn’t sure.  But they have the same policy - they price things out at full price when you pre-book restaurants, and then refund you are on the ship.  We normally just buy dining packages for the adults, and then book our son when we are on board.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

For those who book ahead at full price and then ask for the E + discount, are they only giving OBC  or is a credit put back on ones credit card???

 

X  rep gave us OBC when we were entitled to an adjustment for excursions that were reduced in price.   Rep said we could cancel, get a credit on cred card and then re book.  Seemed too complicated so we took the OBC..as we did not have much anyhow.

 

The  primitive IT system seems to dictate how things get done.

 

Great kids pricing ....most that age eat as adults..so quite a good deal.

Edited by hcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

This won't interest most but those of us with children have to agree X's pricing for specialty dining is just downright dumb. I am cruising the Silhouette next April with my 10 and 12 year old daughters. This will be there 7th cruise and our first on Celebrity. This qualifies them for the $10 pricing for specialty dining. We would like to buy a three day package and adult pricing is $129 for three days.

Suggest you not bother purchasing the 3-day package - $129 is not a great deal unless you are planning on going to Murano all 3 times - onboard negotiated deals will probably be better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

Suggest you not bother purchasing the 3-day package - $129 is not a great deal unless you are planning on going to Murano all 3 times - onboard negotiated deals will probably be better.

Do you negotiate one meal at a time at a particular restaurant or for package rates? How do they honor the price you negotiate? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One meal at a time for a particular restaurant for a particular day and time. Any agreed upon discount is noted in your reservation and honored.

 

Of course, although there is a reasonable chance you can get discounts for a couple of dinners, there is no guarantee.  Even so, the $129 3-dinner package, is not a good deal. If you pay the standard prices of $50 for Murano, $45 for either Tuscan Grille or Lawn Club Grill and $30 for the Porch, that's only $125! And your 10&12 year olds, will probably enjoy the outdoor Lawn Club Grill and Porch (a seafood restaurant) more than Murano (French.)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OP-

We have sailed on RCCL numerous times and have had the same issue.  We were told to book online and that the children’s difference in price would be credited back automatically to us onboard.  Not only did this not happen automatically - but it was  HUGE pain in the butt to get the credits through customer service while on board.  

 

After a couple of cruises like this we decided to just make the reservation for a party of 2, and then when we board the ship we go straight to the Host of each restaurant, explain the situation, and change the reservation to a party of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids).  Every single time the dining  Host is aware of the booking issue and changes our reservation to reflect the proper table for 4. 

 

Its SO ANNOYING.  This issue has been going on for years and never fixed.  (I’m also sure they are making a pretty penny for all of the people that don’t recognize the glitch and/or forget to fight for their refunds!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...