Cruise Critic Community
TV Dad

Copenhagen Fun Tour

We could not have had an easier, more enjoyable experience in Copenhagen, than we did on our Copenhagen Segway Cruise tour. The tour office is literally located on the pier where our cruise ship docked. We booked a group tour, but turned out to be the only guests, so my wife and I got a bonus private tour. The guide spent 10 minutes training us novices on how to operate the segways and off we went.

1. Segways are easy to operate.

2. We saw an awful lot in 2 hours.

3. frequent stops for photos.

4. One stop for coffee and Danish!

5. A lot of people on walking tours looked at us with envy!

We really had fun on our two hour journey. The tour website is included!

https://segwaycruisecopenhagen.com/

Queen Victoria Coppenhagen.jpg

Wow that looks like a lot of fun. 

Do you think it will be safe if we go as a family with 2 teenagers? Is it as easy as it looks?

I don't believe I saw them last time we were in Copenhagen. But there is a Baltic cruise in the planning for next year....

Thank you for sharing!

4 hours ago, angie7911922 said:

Wow that looks like a lot of fun. 

Do you think it will be safe if we go as a family with 2 teenagers? Is it as easy as it looks?

I don't believe I saw them last time we were in Copenhagen. But there is a Baltic cruise in the planning for next year....

Thank you for sharing!

I've done a lot of Segway tours in various parts of the U.S. and foreign countries and they are A TON OF FUN!  We have done them with our older teens (over 16 years old) and they did just fine.  Some cities have a lower age limit on who can ride a Segway, and it appears that the age limit in Copenhagen is 8 or 10 depending on the tour.  Personally, having ridden a lot of Segways, I don't think anyone under the age of 14 should attempt riding them.  Even for me, someone with experience with both bicycles and cars for over 40 years, it can sometimes be a challenge to keep a Segway under control and to get on and off of them. 

Thank you!! I will tell the kids that we will do it once the opportunity arises. I am sure they would love it!!