Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sweetpeajoey

QE late dining sitting - children allowed?

Recommended Posts

Hi, can anyone tell me if it’s allowed to bring a child to the late sitting in the restaurant on Cunard QE?

(This will only be on formal nights and he’ll only be having a desert as I will take him for dinner in the lido earlier as this seating is way too late for a 6yo to wait.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sweetpeajoey said:

Hi, can anyone tell me if it’s allowed to bring a child to the late sitting in the restaurant on Cunard QE?

(This will only be on formal nights and he’ll only be having a desert as I will take him for dinner in the lido earlier as this seating is way too late for a 6yo to wait.)

We traveled with a child on QE and were assigned late seating.,  So yes a child is allowed in the main dining room at your assigned time. Just remind your head waiter the night before that you will have a “special guest” with you the next evening. They can then be sure to have everything ready for your child’s visit (since it doesn’t sound like the child will be a regular diner.)

 

Also when space is available we have been able to get our seating changed from late to early seating so it was easier on our child and group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently on QE and on late dining. Last night was a formal night and there is a lady with her young daughter on the next table . Absolutely no issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your replies, they’re very helpful. 😁

 

Chart Room Princess

6 minutes ago, Chart Room Princess said:

We traveled with a child on QE and were assigned late seating.,  So yes a child is allowed in the main dining room at your assigned time. Just remind your head waiter the night before that you will have a “special guest” with you the next evening. They can then be sure to have everything ready for your child’s visit (since it doesn’t sound like the child will be a regular diner.)

 

Also when space is available we have been able to get our seating changed from late to early seating so it was easier on our child and group.

 When you said you got your seating changed from late to early was this for the whole cruise or just on the occasional night?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sweetpeajoey said:

Thanks for your replies, they’re very helpful. 😁

 

Chart Room Princess

 When you said you got your seating changed from late to early was this for the whole cruise or just on the occasional night?

The entire cruise . We went to the dining room right after boarding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chart Room Princess said:

The entire cruise . We went to the dining room right after boarding.

 

Thanks 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Sweetpeajoey said:

Hi, can anyone tell me if it’s allowed to bring a child to the late sitting in the restaurant on Cunard QE?

(This will only be on formal nights and he’ll only be having a desert as I will take him for dinner in the lido earlier as this seating is way too late for a 6yo to wait.)

 

No problem at all. Obviously you know your child best but I have often seen childeen dining with their parents late. For example for Italian and Spanish families 8.30 pm is still a very early time for dinner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, carlmm said:

 

No problem at all. Obviously you know your child best but I have often seen childeen dining with their parents late. For example for Italian and Spanish families 8.30 pm is still a very early time for dinner.

 

That's true. The Spanish seem to have their evening meal anytime between midnight and 3AM ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our children have dined with us from being very young.  We took a book in so when they had finished eating they could read if they wished..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ToadOfToadHall said:

 

That's true. The Spanish seem to have their evening meal anytime between midnight and 3AM ! 

Wow, that is late.

 

Every cruise we’ve been on we’ve had late seating and it worked very well except on our last cruise, our first with our son. The early dining time seemed to make us miss all the sail aways as we were getting ready for dinner. It made the days feel so rushed. The annoying thing was that we did the early time for our son but he loved the kids club so much he chose to not eat with us most of the nights and stay in the club so we were stuck eating early!!!

So this time we changed the plan, we booked late seating and on the nights he is joining us, as I said in the OP, I’ll feed him earlier so to stave off grumpy child syndrome 🤣 and give him a bread roll then a desert while we’re eating. I’ll take a colouring book with us or something similar to keep him occupied.

 

Then I suddenly thought, oh no, will he be allowed on the nights he wants to dine with us!!! Hence the question. 😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sweetpeajoey said:

Wow, that is late.

 

I'm only joking  - I'm exaggerating for effect !

 

But I've been to a couple of Spanish cities for work and they do tend to eat a lot later that we would normally do in the UK, especially in restaurants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sweetpeajoey said:

 The annoying thing was that we did the early time for our son but he loved the kids club so much he chose to not eat with us most of the nights and stay in the club so we were stuck eating early!!!

 

We had a similar thing. We went with another couple who had children (we don't) and the same thing happened; they wanted early because of their children and then their kids never ate with us anyway.

 

The problem is that the early sitting is a bit too early and the late sitting is a bit too late. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ToadOfToadHall said:

We had a similar thing. We went with another couple who had children (we don't) and the same thing happened; they wanted early because of their children and then their kids never ate with us anyway.

 

The problem is that the early sitting is a bit too early and the late sitting is a bit too late. 

Yes, anytime dining would probably be the best idea but Cunard doesn’t offer that in the Britannia restaurant, so late dining it is!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sweetpeajoey said:

Yes, anytime dining would probably be the best idea but Cunard doesn’t offer that in the Britannia restaurant, so late dining it is!

 

I agree. Given the choice, late sitting is better than the early one I would say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...