Cruise Critic Community
Please look for and post on existing COVID-19 threads before posting a new one.
baz48

Cooking class

I see people talking about booking an onboard cooking class prior to the cruise.  How does one do that?  I can't find it on the website.

First, it is important to note that these classes are only offered on Explorer and soon to be offered on Splendor.  The Culinary Center is quite amazing.  Each station has a cooktop, sink, drawers with utensils and most things are pre-prepped for you (i.e. cutting up onions, etc.)

So, if you are on Explorer, you would find the classes under "My Account" on the rssc.com website.  They usually do not appear until 6+ months prior to the cruise.

Thank you both.  We aren't booked on Explorer so that explains it!  Ah well, maybe next time.

If anyone is interested, the cooking classes for Splendor are posted now at least through the New York to Venice sailing in April, 2020. Great way to fill some time on sea days!

On 8/10/2019 at 4:37 PM, baz48 said:

Thank you both.  We aren't booked on Explorer so that explains it!  Ah well, maybe next time.

We love Central Oregon.  Its looking a lot better too, the longer I stay in PDX.

On 8/10/2019 at 4:37 PM, baz48 said:

Just a thought, if you are in a city for a few days before your cruise and want to take a cooking class for that region, just go on line and look up cooking class for XXX city.  We've done Bangkok, Rome, Barcelona and a few other cities.  They can be really fun and yo9u really learn something. 

14 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

Just a thought, if you are in a city for a few days before your cruise and want to take a cooking class for that region, just go on line and look up cooking class for XXX city.  We've done Bangkok, Rome, Barcelona and a few other cities.  They can be really fun and yo9u really learn something. 

What a good idea.  Thanks.

Thanks, Brownie, for the tip on the cooking classes being available for booking on the Splendor, NYC to Barcelona.  I just went online and found a couple that look interesting for my husband and me. 

For those who are curious, these classes are offered on the sea days, usually at 10 AM and also at 4 PM.  They have different areas of focus ( Mediterranean foods, Plant-based foods, Farmstand, Spanish tapas and the like) and each cost $89.  You have to pay in advance but can cancel, etc as for excursions.