Not at all live Edge review

OriginalBoat

Everyone has been such a help while planning our trip, so I thought I'd try to give back. 

Just left Rome on the Edge in a Sunset Veranda. We've got all our dinners pre-booked.  I'm not going to try to do a live review, but I'll check in to answer questions. Then do a review and the cabin thread after I get home. 

So far loving everything except the caesar salad. Almost wish I booked an IV.

We enjoyed our IV, but will be in a Sunset veranda on deck 7 middle in Nov, and also have one on Deck 9 booked for APEX.

What deck are you on? Can you briefly describe how it is laid out,  the wake view, and the walk to the elevators?  Any soot?  Curious why you would have preferred an IV...is it too hot?

How is the 4 mdr plan working out? Any favorites?  What was bad with the salad?

Enjoy your cruise

..will look for you post cruise teview...

Oh no..why don’t you want the sunset veranda. I am trying so hard to get one.

We are leaving next Friday for the Aug 19 Amalfi cruise. Eager to hear your experience.

I am looking at our sailing schedule in the App and so far very very disappointing. Not much activities and entertainment in the 11 days.  Hopefully it will improve.

45 minutes ago, Jesseslola said:

We are leaving next Friday for the Aug 19 Amalfi cruise. Eager to hear your experience.

I am looking at our sailing schedule in the App and so far very very disappointing. Not much activities and entertainment in the 11 days.  Hopefully it will improve.

As to the SV, it's almost too hot in the direct sun. Otherwise the room is wonderful.  We didn't really start to see stuff in the app until the week of the cruise 

So excited for you. We get on on the 19th in our SV cabin and know it is the right thing for us. So excited for you and will follow your posts. Have a great time and look after Mr Edge for us ..... can't believe our cruise is so close when we booked in April 2018 !!! Just so excited now.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jesseslola said:

Same cruise here ... we leave home on Friday too for 3 days in Rome first. 

If the drapes are kept closed , will the cabin be cool enough? At least  the SV cabin has curtains/ drapes...IV only had the darkening shade...all or nothing! 

We are not balcony sun worshippers but are hoping for awesome  balcony sunrises and sunsets, plus nightime sky views...

• Like 1

On 8/10/2019 at 11:16 PM, mafig said:

What furniture is on the aft balcony?  Just two chairs and a table? 😦 Hope there's more.

What deck are you on?

Ours has the two chairs and a table. We're on 12, some slight noise from above.

The suite next to us has the two chairs and table plus a lounger.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hcat said:

If the drapes are kept closed , will the cabin be cool enough? At least  the SV cabin has curtains/ drapes...IV only had the darkening shade...all or nothing! 

We are not balcony sun worshippers but are hoping for awesome  balcony sunrises and sunsets, plus nightime sky views...

I think so. Yesterday I didn't shut the door properly so it got a little warm.  

Also @hcat you posted in another thread. This is our first time on select dining. Normally we tip our waiters extra at the end of the cruise. This time we gave him $10 after eating and he seemed super happy and wanted to know when we'd be back.  That was last night.

Tonight we are in Eden. Excellent! Zoran was fantastic. I didn't and don't normally tip extra at the specialities. 

So $5 to 10 in the mdrs seems okay generally

..I know they get a share of the pre paid but that seems remote..esp when we will.move around ..2 nights each mdr.

Hope others will comment as well.

Have to say that the $10 for one night seems good going -- bet he loved you, but if the service was good well deserved.

Original Boat, just reading this is getting us sooooo excited now!!

We are SV deck 11 (thanks to our wonderful CC 'friends' who gave us loads of help and advice)

Am hoping we won't get much noise from above.

Just wondering if you can see on to the balconies below at all from deck 12?

I can't stop singing that song from the Mr Ed show now …

3 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Original Boat, just reading this is getting us sooooo excited now!!

We are SV deck 11 (thanks to our wonderful CC 'friends' who gave us loads of help and advice)

Am hoping we won't get much noise from above.

Just wondering if you can see on to the balconies below at all from deck 12?

You shouldn't hear much noise, were just right below the buffet.  You can kinda see the balconies below, but really only if they're leaning on the rail. 

• Thanks 1

Per night

4 hours ago, Jesseslola said:

Omg, we thought 20.00 was too low. We give minimum 30.00. 

Per night? That's what mine was.  I figured we give a minimum of $30 to the waitstaff for a 7 night cruise, so it worked out to a little less than $5 per night.

3 hours ago, OriginalBoat said:

Per night

Per night? That's what mine was.  I figured we give a minimum of $30 to the waitstaff for a 7 night cruise, so it worked out to a little less than $5 per night.

Same here - I was thinking it was per night. Wouldn't give $30 per night !! It'd cost us more than an upgrade !

Sea day!

Lunch in le Grande Bistro. Worth the money, don't miss it.

Chic night in the MDR-Cyprus.  Ricaldo was amazing and the food was really good. Tourenados, rack of lamb and stuffed portabello. I didn't like the decor as much as Cosmopolitan. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rosa bear said:

Really dumb question but newbie here, we have prepaid gratuities so should we still tip the wait staff at dinner?

Most do not tip after each dinner.  If you wish to leave a tip (not required, but it's nice to reward great service), most will do so on the last night.  You should feel no pressure to tip beyond the prepaid gratuities  It's entirely a personal matter. 

Edited by mnocket