Cruise Critic Community
James4me

Panorama MR excursions, how to decide...

Wow, I looked at the excursions for the Mexican Riviera on the Panorama and they’re are so many good ones I have no idea what to pick.  Those going, have you decided what you are doing?  

We're going on the same cruise, I'd also love suggestions. 🙂

For Cabo San Lucas, the whale watching is fantastic! We only cruise in the winter to the MR so we can enjoy the whales.

For Mazatlan we absolutely loved Salsa & Salsa. Read the reviews on the Carnival website.

Rhythm of the Nights in Puerto Vallarta was surprisingly good. We'll definitely do this one again.

I would totally agree with all 3 of your choices.

Been to MR over 20 times and I believe most would enjoy these excursions

Another good one for Cabo is the camel ride

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, fyree39 said:

For Cabo San Lucas, the whale watching is fantastic! We only cruise in the winter to the MR so we can enjoy the whales.

For Mazatlan we absolutely loved Salsa & Salsa. Read the reviews on the Carnival website.

Rhythm of the Nights in Puerto Vallarta was surprisingly good. We'll definitely do this one again.

Pretty much doing the same thing! Done this cruise numerous times almost always in January. (Going again this January, lol.)

I like the whale watching in both Cabo and Puerto Vallarta. Rhythms of the Night is a good dinner show. This will be my second time for it! In Mazatlan we are doing a mini speed boat excursion that looks like fun. I love this itinerary. So much to do!

Edited by pbcbbc

DH and I went and looked at excursions and I think this is what we're going to do: 

Cabo San Lucas: Whale Watching & Coastal Cruise with Open Bar

Mazatlan: Canopy Adventure

Puerto Vallarta: Yelapa & Majahuitas: Beach, Snorkeling & Waterfall 

3 minutes ago, EMOSEA said:

DH and I went and looked at excursions and I think this is what we're going to do: 

Cabo San Lucas: Whale Watching & Coastal Cruise with Open Bar

Mazatlan: Canopy Adventure

Puerto Vallarta: Yelapa & Majahuitas: Beach, Snorkeling & Waterfall 

They all sound like a great time. I hope when you're done with your cruise you come back with a review. The Mexican Riviera gets a really bad reputation and yet I love that part of the world.

For PV the Yelapa excursion sounds best for us.  Now trying to decide Mazatlan and Cabo.

IMHO, this is one of the best itineraries. While the water temperature is a bit on the cold side, there is a lot of things to do! And super friendly people!

I hope some may find this interesting.  Recently we found our daily plans from our first Mexican Riviera cruise in 1988 on the Carnival Tropicale.  We were really surprised to see that there were only three or four excursions offered.  That wasn't per port, it was the total for all three ports.  Must have been before the lines discovered how much money there is in selling excursions  😉

There is a lot to do in these ports  -- have fun!