Cruise Critic Community
cantgetaname

Jamie's Italian on Anthem

3 minutes ago, cantgetaname said:

What is included when you eat at Jamie's Italian?  One appetizer, entrée, & dessert?

As many appetizers and desserts as you want and one entree

5 minutes ago, cantgetaname said:

What is included when you eat at Jamie's Italian?  One appetizer, entrée, & dessert?

We have been able to order multiple apps, entrees and desserts.  They bring you a ton of food.  

As far as appetizers and desserts go they brought us a board with everything on it so we could sample everything. I had the lamb chops since it's something that not served in the MDR. The other 3 on my party couldn't decided on which pasta dish they wanted so the waiter told them that he would bring 1/2 portions of the 2 types of their choice. When they were served it was 6 full servings. I sampled my wife's since it was way more than she could eat.

30 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

As far as appetizers and desserts go they brought us a board with everything on it so we could sample everything. I had the lamb chops since it's something that not served in the MDR. The other 3 on my party couldn't decided on which pasta dish they wanted so the waiter told them that he would bring 1/2 portions of the 2 types of their choice. When they were served it was 6 full servings. I sampled my wife's since it was way more than she could eat.

I thought that menus were pretty standard across the fleet.  I have had rack of lamb on several ships, including this week on the Majesty.  It was DELICIOUS.

18 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I thought that menus were pretty standard across the fleet.  I have had rack of lamb on several ships, including this week on the Majesty.  It was DELICIOUS.

They had rack of lamb in the MDR but it wasn't the same as the lamb chops.

Jamie’s on the Ovation,I wasn’t very impressed. No large cuts of meat,just pasta ,anti pasta,seafood ,bread.

The Venice fish stew was good.

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Jamie’s on the Ovation,I wasn’t very impressed. No large cuts of meat,just pasta ,anti pasta,seafood ,bread.

Always interesting as to how subjective views are on Food.

To me Jamie´s on Ovation was By far the best restaurant. I didn´t even want to go in there in the first place, as I usually don´t do the specialty Dining. I´m usually good with MDR Food.

In the first place the only reason to go to Jamie´s was that I ran into a waiter I had on another ship the year before and he was a great guy. He was in Jamie´s now and I promised to meet him there one night for dinner. What a great decision!!!

I loved Jamie´s and went there for 4 nights. This certainly also had to do with the horrible MDR Food on Ovation. It was all the way back when they had the ill fated DD on Ovation, which they luckily got rid of again. So the MDR hopefully has changed in Quality as well By now on Ovation. 

Jamie´s really was a winner for me, but yes it´s an Italian restaurant and not the place to go to for large cuts of meat.

1 hour ago, 123funcruiser said:

This certainly also had to do with the horrible MDR Food on Ovation. It was all the way back when they had the ill fated DD on Ovation, which they luckily got rid of again. So the MDR hopefully has changed in Quality as well By now on Ovation. 

I doubt DD itself had anything to do with food quality - if you have not sailed RCI since then, you might be just as disappointed with the MDR food now.

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

The crabmeat with pasta was wonderful for lunch.  Plenty of  crabmeat chunks.  Also, for dinner, based on the cruise planner menu, there's a rib-eye steak that I'm planning on trying on my upcoming cruise later this month.

If you like lamb chops, try them for dinner.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

I doubt DD itself had anything to do with food quality - if you have not sailed RCI since then, you might be just as disappointed with the MDR food now.

I have sailed RCI since then and I don´t share the -popular on CC- view of a constant Downhill trend in the MDR Food. 

Food preparation has a lot to do with the Chef OnBoard and over the years I´ve seen some great differences within the same menus. So yes to bad Things might have piled on each other on my Ovation cruise. Part of my low Quality comment has also been geared to the lack of menu choice with the same old same old menu night after night after night. This can be OK if the menu is good to begin with, which it was not in Ovation. Totally uninspired and boring. Worst one I´ve ever seen on RCI before and past. I´m not surprised it failed big time.

8 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

It‘s Antipasto or Antipasti which means appetizer but not anti pasta which means against pasta..

Jamie's  is a hit or miss place.I will not go back there...................

9 hours ago, nelblu said:

The crabmeat with pasta was wonderful for lunch.  Plenty of  crabmeat chunks.  Also, for dinner, based on the cruise planner menu, there's a rib-eye steak that I'm planning on trying on my upcoming cruise later this month.

If you like lamb chops, try them for dinner.

There was no lamb chops or steak on the menu.

4 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

It‘s Antipasto or Antipasti which means appetizer but not anti pasta which means against pasta..

Sorry I’m not that socially refined.

But you got the message.

4 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

As a meataterian I am anti pasta and a few other things 😉

lolololol