Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
cantgetaname

Jamie's Italian on Anthem

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, cantgetaname said:

What is included when you eat at Jamie's Italian?  One appetizer, entrée, & dessert?

As many appetizers and desserts as you want and one entree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cantgetaname said:

What is included when you eat at Jamie's Italian?  One appetizer, entrée, & dessert?

 

We have been able to order multiple apps, entrees and desserts.  They bring you a ton of food.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as appetizers and desserts go they brought us a board with everything on it so we could sample everything. I had the lamb chops since it's something that not served in the MDR. The other 3 on my party couldn't decided on which pasta dish they wanted so the waiter told them that he would bring 1/2 portions of the 2 types of their choice. When they were served it was 6 full servings. I sampled my wife's since it was way more than she could eat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

As far as appetizers and desserts go they brought us a board with everything on it so we could sample everything. I had the lamb chops since it's something that not served in the MDR. The other 3 on my party couldn't decided on which pasta dish they wanted so the waiter told them that he would bring 1/2 portions of the 2 types of their choice. When they were served it was 6 full servings. I sampled my wife's since it was way more than she could eat.

 

I thought that menus were pretty standard across the fleet.  I have had rack of lamb on several ships, including this week on the Majesty.  It was DELICIOUS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

 

I thought that menus were pretty standard across the fleet.  I have had rack of lamb on several ships, including this week on the Majesty.  It was DELICIOUS.

They had rack of lamb in the MDR but it wasn't the same as the lamb chops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jamie’s on the Ovation,I wasn’t very impressed. No large cuts of meat,just pasta ,anti pasta,seafood ,bread.

The Venice fish stew was good.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Jamie’s on the Ovation,I wasn’t very impressed. No large cuts of meat,just pasta ,anti pasta,seafood ,bread.

The Venice fish stew was good.

 

 

 

Always interesting as to how subjective views are on Food.

 

To me Jamie´s on Ovation was By far the best restaurant. I didn´t even want to go in there in the first place, as I usually don´t do the specialty Dining. I´m usually good with MDR Food.

 

In the first place the only reason to go to Jamie´s was that I ran into a waiter I had on another ship the year before and he was a great guy. He was in Jamie´s now and I promised to meet him there one night for dinner. What a great decision!!!

 

I loved Jamie´s and went there for 4 nights. This certainly also had to do with the horrible MDR Food on Ovation. It was all the way back when they had the ill fated DD on Ovation, which they luckily got rid of again. So the MDR hopefully has changed in Quality as well By now on Ovation. 

 

Jamie´s really was a winner for me, but yes it´s an Italian restaurant and not the place to go to for large cuts of meat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 123funcruiser said:

 This certainly also had to do with the horrible MDR Food on Ovation. It was all the way back when they had the ill fated DD on Ovation, which they luckily got rid of again. So the MDR hopefully has changed in Quality as well By now on Ovation. 

I doubt DD itself had anything to do with food quality - if you have not sailed RCI since then, you might be just as disappointed with the MDR food now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Jamie’s on the Ovation,I wasn’t very impressed. No large cuts of meat,just pasta ,anti pasta,seafood ,bread.

The Venice fish stew was good.

 

 

The crabmeat with pasta was wonderful for lunch.  Plenty of  crabmeat chunks.  Also, for dinner, based on the cruise planner menu, there's a rib-eye steak that I'm planning on trying on my upcoming cruise later this month.

 

If you like lamb chops, try them for dinner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

I doubt DD itself had anything to do with food quality - if you have not sailed RCI since then, you might be just as disappointed with the MDR food now.

 

I have sailed RCI since then and I don´t share the -popular on CC- view of a constant Downhill trend in the MDR Food. 

Food preparation has a lot to do with the Chef OnBoard and over the years I´ve seen some great differences within the same menus. So yes to bad Things might have piled on each other on my Ovation cruise. Part of my low Quality comment has also been geared to the lack of menu choice with the same old same old menu night after night after night. This can be OK if the menu is good to begin with, which it was not in Ovation. Totally uninspired and boring. Worst one I´ve ever seen on RCI before and past. I´m not surprised it failed big time.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Jamie’s on the Ovation,I wasn’t very impressed. No large cuts of meat,just pasta ,anti pasta,seafood ,bread.

The Venice fish stew was good.

 

 

It‘s Antipasto or Antipasti which means appetizer but not anti pasta which means against pasta..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jamie's  is a hit or miss place.I will not go back there...................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, nelblu said:

The crabmeat with pasta was wonderful for lunch.  Plenty of  crabmeat chunks.  Also, for dinner, based on the cruise planner menu, there's a rib-eye steak that I'm planning on trying on my upcoming cruise later this month.

 

If you like lamb chops, try them for dinner.

There was no lamb chops or steak on the menu.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

It‘s Antipasto or Antipasti which means appetizer but not anti pasta which means against pasta..

Sorry I’m not that socially refined.

But you got the message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

It‘s Antipasto or Antipasti which means appetizer but not anti pasta which means against pasta..

 

As a meataterian I am anti pasta and a few other things 😉

 

lolololol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...