Could you if you wanted to, order another appetizer or entree in the MDR

2 hours ago, Thad409 said:

Yeah I didn't know if it is frowned upon but when in Rome oh, I sure do like my little snails

I do not think you can order escargot on a night where it is not offered on the menu. However, you can order one of every single appetizer that is offered on a given night. The only thing you can order when it is not on the menu, that I know of, is the banana split for desert.

2 minutes ago, Retired_to_Cruise said:

I do not think you can order escargot on a night where it is not offered on the menu. However, you can order one of every single appetizer that is offered on a given night. The only thing you can order when it is not on the menu, that I know of, is the banana split for desert.

Thanks for all the input I appreciate it

2 hours ago, Retired_to_Cruise said:

The only thing you can order when it is not on the menu, that I know of, is the banana split for desert.

The banana split is on the children's menu, which is the same every night. That's why you can order it (or anything else on the children's menu) every night.

We don't like to waste a bunch of food so we do try to share if we are ordering several dishes we want to try. 

Ordering all at once is best so as not to hold up the pace of the meal.  

2 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

We are appetizer and soup people, and we have been known to order an app for dessert.  We don't much care for the desserts.  EM

Don't say that out loud in the MDR. If they hear you say you don't like the chocolate melting cake, I think they'll throw you in the brig. 😁

I really like Crème Brule. My waiter brought me one each night and I never even asked, even when it wasn't on the menu. Then

I would order my desert. LOL  People order Appetizers meal size or meal size as appetizers.  The only question is availability.

12 hours ago, Thad409 said:

I've never done it but I was always curious if I could order another appetizer like escargot or something else I really enjoyed in the main dining room. Or would that just be improper and taboo.

If we get back to the simple question asked on this thread, the simple answer is yes, you may order multiples of anything on the menu every night.  You may also order things not on the menu if you have dietary restrictions and have prearranged it.

I can't remember a night when I didn't order a shrimp cocktail and another appetizer.

Feel free to order whatever appetizers, entrees, and desserts you want until Carnival changes this unwritten policy.

Personally I feel free to ignore the preaching posts.

I almost always order two appetizers, or an app and a soup/salad if do t see two apps that interest me. Double lobster tails, that’s me. Depending on how filling dinner was I have ordered a cheese/fruit plate to go and can sip wine and eat cheese a few hours later. 

Yes,2 appetizers, 2 mains, or 2 desserts.  Or More.  I do/can not eat a lot all at once.  So sometimes I order an appetizer & then another as my main course.  Hubby on the other hand loves the shrimp cocktail, so he orders it plus another appetizer nearly every night.

We had a wonderful server 2 nights in a row on ytd. The 2nd night we had him, he brought my favorite dessert even though it wasn't on the menu that night. I got that and another dessert i had been wanting to try. 

9 hours ago, Retired_to_Cruise said:

The banana split is on the kid's menu.

16 hours ago, Retired_to_Cruise said:

The banana split is on the kid's menu every night