I-78E -> Chosin Few Way -> Port Liberty

WeatherFx

It's still under construction here and there but as long as you stay to the left at the toll plaza, you'll avoid going through town if that makes sense.  (no detour per se but when I was there in May, some construction was going on once you were off the ramp)

Edited by megr1125

3 hours ago, WeatherFx said:

Just a quick question. Is I-78 E exit to Chosin Few Way to Port Liberty completed or is it still detoured on Ave E - Center Street?

Google maps shows it as driveable, but satellite view shows it still under construction.

Have been to cape liberty many times since mid july, and the last time Aug 4. Chosin few was open every time. Getting  to the port was easy, now it's even easier. One piece of advice, don't take chosen few out of the port. It will lead you to side streets in bayonne. Take 440 back to turnpike extension. 

Edited by jptoz

4 hours ago, jptoz said:

Have been to cape liberty many times since mid july, and the last time Aug 4. Chosin few was open every time. Getting  to the port was easy, now it's even easier. One piece of advice, don't take chosen few out of the port. It will lead you to side streets in bayonne. Take 440 back to turnpike extension. 

Actually, if you make a left onto 40th or 45th Street on Chosin Few Way, the first right turn will put you on Avenue E and only a few blocks to the turnpike. Easier than using 440.