Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Madio

Booking Future Cruises while onboard

Recommended Posts

Wasn't able to find this topic, so I hope I'm not being redundant by starting a new thread.  I would like to know the advantages of booking a future cruise while onboard.  They seem to really push this, and we did it once in the past (I think it was Celebrity, but could have been Princess).  I suppose I should have researched the savings (if there were any), but I didn't.  We have an upcoming cruise on the Crown (Xmas, Southern Caribbean) and wonder if we should look into a future cruise while onboard.  Any thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Generally no savings above what Sale is currently available shoreside .

Just purchase a Future Cruise Certificate onboard which gets you OBC and covers your reduced deposit on the future cruise.

Edited by MCC retired

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a little bonus.  A small on board credit depending on length of cruise and unless Princess is running a special it's a smaller deposit to get cruise booked.  I get them, but it's not a big bucks bonanza for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Madio said:

Wasn't able to find this topic, so I hope I'm not being redundant by starting a new thread.  I would like to know the advantages of booking a future cruise while onboard.  They seem to really push this, and we did it once in the past (I think it was Celebrity, but could have been Princess).  I suppose I should have researched the savings (if there were any), but I didn't.  We have an upcoming cruise on the Crown (Xmas, Southern Caribbean) and wonder if we should look into a future cruise while onboard.  Any thoughts?

There is no advantage.

We just buy the Future Cruise Deposits onboard and book when we get home.

We have a TA that gives a great discount off the top and does not play the OBC game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've seen a promotion that doubled the amount of OBC for booking another specific cruise on board (versus just a Future Cruise Deposit on an unspecified cruise). I haven't seen that promo lately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

There is no advantage.

We just buy the Future Cruise Deposits onboard and book when we get home.

We have a TA that gives a great discount off the top and does not play the OBC game.

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

Agreed.

Hi Mr. G,

I also agree. Great minds think a like. 🤔😁

 

7D3795F4-218A-4894-9B00-509457A52388.jpeg

Edited by Lucky TGO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, notalandlover said:

Can I use OBC to book a future cruise onboard?  If so can we use nonrefundable and or refundable OBC?

 

No. Booking a future cruise is charged to a credit card, not to your onboard account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to all who replied.  Good to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with others that there is usually no benefit. But, buying future cruise credits is always a good idea!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, notalandlover said:

Can I use OBC to book a future cruise onboard?  If so can we use nonrefundable and or refundable OBC?

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just off the Island Princess today.  I was able to buy future cruise certificates for family who weren't on the cruise and book a family cruise next summer.  It was nice to pay only $100 deposits and get double the future cruise credit because of a special promotion they had on board.  I've attached a photo of the promotion for you.932678943_PrincessOnboardFCCOffer.thumb.jpg.ac4ac1c2511774ec4cf74623d08ba14d.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, JAT0303 said:

Just off the Island Princess today.  I was able to buy future cruise certificates for family who weren't on the cruise and book a family cruise next summer.  It was nice to pay only $100 deposits and get double the future cruise credit because of a special promotion they had on board.  I've attached a photo of the promotion for you.932678943_PrincessOnboardFCCOffer.thumb.jpg.ac4ac1c2511774ec4cf74623d08ba14d.jpg

Thanks! Will check into it when we are onboard in December.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Madio said:

Thanks! Will check into it when we are onboard in December.

I always say go with a good TA that can give you even more of an upfront discount off that price without the OBC games. 

Booking direct you are leaving $$$ on the table. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I always say go with a good TA that can give you even more of an upfront discount off that price without the OBC games. 

Booking direct you are leaving $$$ on the table. 

 

I actually did both.  I booked onboard but they assigned it directly to my travel agent who gave me another 8+% discount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...