Cruise Critic Community
39august

service team for those booked with a TA?

Anyone ever heard of this before? I had no idea there was such a thing. Tho' I haven't tried it yet a service rep at CC told me they might be able to give other perks. Anyone done this? 

Not sure what you are talking about but we have had a CVP at Celebrity match the OBC a large TA was offering

55 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Not sure what you are talking about but we have had a CVP at Celebrity match the OBC a large TA was offering

What is a CVP at Celebrity?

But is a CVP the same as a service team?  What is the OP talking about?

To my knowledge the CVP has a person who assists them.  That person may assist more than 1 CVP.    It that has nothing to do with TAs.

I think that TAs  may have a group that they contact for assistance, changes, etc.  BUt never heard of a service team at X that is dedicated to customers of TAs.  

13 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

But is a CVP the same as a service team?  What is the OP talking about?

No idea what the OP is talking about, but a CVP, as noted above, is a "Certified Vacation Planner." (I have one.)  It's a way for guests to book directly with Celebrity and have a specific person at Celebrity to contact.( Other cruise lines have them too; at NCL, for example, they are called PCCs -- Personal Cruise Consultants.)    Celebrity CVPs work directly with guests who are NOT booking through a TA.

Posted (edited)

I used a CVP and was promised to match my offer from a TA.  I wanted a email  verification and he said he couldn’t do that.  He said don’t worry it is on the system.  I got on board and didn’t have the SBC matched.  They said there was nothing to variety it.   I asked if they call the home office.   They could do that.  Told them my problem and was told that that person was no longer employed by them because of the false promises he made.  

I no longer deal with any agent from X as I found  a TA that gives me good service, reduced prices, additional SBC and also give me automatic price adjustments and current promos if they are to my benefit. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅🌅

Edited by miched

I read this thread hoping to learn something, but I'm as befuddled as everyone else here.😵

I think the Op is referring to the new Cruise Monoply board game, if you get past the Service Team then collect $200 OBC.🍻

The Service team is not for customers of TAs, but for the TAs to contact. If a customers booked with a TA, the TA has to contact Celebrity with changes etc. and they work with a Service Team that is specifically for TAs.

I think Celebrity has dedicated teams that support some of the large TA's.  I use a big box TA and while I was trying to resolve an issue with my next cruise I was told that they needed to contact someone from the STAR Team to resolve the issue.  This is apparently a group within Celebrity that was dedicated to supporting the TA.

Finny 2. That makes sense. I don't understand why the rep indicated this was for TA customers. He was probably in error or I didn't understand what he was telling me.