Sapphire princess- Norway 10-17august

cabin4three

4 hours ago, cabin4three said:

There are two sockets on the desk, three pin but we have used a two pin adapter and it works. There are usb sockets in back of TV but TV is wedged tight in space it would be difficult to access them.

I will take a photo later.

Thank you. Enjoy your cruise.

On 8/12/2019 at 4:56 PM, Scorpio41 said:

Can I ask are the American sockets  two pin or three pin. Is there one behind the television?

Only found the plug sockets on the desk by the phone, two USA style sockets which when using a UK to USA adapter only fits one plug in, can't get another plug in as too close together.

Photo of back of TV, can only photograph one side as it's wedged into the space.

IMG_20190814_123921180.jpg

On 8/13/2019 at 2:17 PM, phabric said:

What is your cabin number?

I am thinking of an obstructed ocean view on the Sapphire and your view is not too obstructed?

I will try to send you a message, don't want to post cabin number on an open forum as we have our children with us and we are extremely overprotective 😄

• Thanks 1

On 8/12/2019 at 2:27 PM, phabric said:

What is the cabin number?

Pretty clear view for an obstructed View.

I have done this cruise 2x, the last one 2018.

We were in E324,  good view from window, didnt miss the balcony as we wouldn't have been able to use it with the upper bunk down anyway.

Cabin was quiet and despite being on deck 8 we didn't hear any noise from the deck below.

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 2:20 AM, cabin4three said:

Semi live trip report dependant on WiFi signal which is a bit hit and miss.

We have cruised with Princess a number of times, including the same itinerary.

We were delayed leaving Southampton but we were kept informed.

Ship is looking a bit tired but is clean, staff on the most part are happy and friendly.

As mentioned many times on CC boards the cutbacks are noticeable, menu choices, portions etc.

Classic soda package available, it includes mocktails which I will endeavour to taste test 😄

It was mentioned on a post last week about children loyalty status, on this cruise Children are still given a blue cruise card regardless of status and ours don't get their platinum privileges.

I will post when I can  questions I will try to answer

Have you noticed any happy hours in any of the bars?

Have a great cruise.

Marlster

47 minutes ago, Marlster said:

Have you noticed any happy hours in any of the bars?

Have a great cruise.

Marlster

We didn't notice any happy hours or deal of the day.   The drinks packages seemed popular,  we certainly got good value from our classic soda package that also included mock-tails. 

Can I ask you about the upper bunk and the balcony? We are thinking of cruising on Sapphire next year, there are 4 of us including 2 children. Are all balcony cabins the same, that you cannot access the balcony if the upper bunk is down? The only photo I have seen is the one on the Princess website when you book, and it has the beds closer to the door/bathroom (picture shows twin single lower beds, with 2 Pullmans directly above), with a desk/seating area/tv and then the balcony, so I can't see how the upper bunk would affect the balcony use - is the Princess photo deceptive, or do some balcony types vary, or something else I am missing?

Many thanks

Lou

9 hours ago, ~*Lou*~ said:

Can I ask you about the upper bunk and the balcony? We are thinking of cruising on Sapphire next year, there are 4 of us including 2 children. Are all balcony cabins the same, that you cannot access the balcony if the upper bunk is down? The only photo I have seen is the one on the Princess website when you book, and it has the beds closer to the door/bathroom (picture shows twin single lower beds, with 2 Pullmans directly above), with a desk/seating area/tv and then the balcony, so I can't see how the upper bunk would affect the balcony use - is the Princess photo deceptive, or do some balcony types vary, or something else I am missing?

Many thanks

Lou

We read on the princess website about the balcony not being able to be used when upper bunk bed is in use.  We haven't had a balcony cabin on Princess, we always used to have a suite or mini-suite and then we didn't have the issue of upper bunk.

The bed rails on the upper bunk are just at the side and not all the way across, has a gap between the bed sides to put the ladder. There isn't a bed side barrier or bars at the top or bottom of the bed, eldest child kept knocking the pillows off the bed.

The space was tight, but we managed. I don't know if you can find videos on YouTube with upper bunk bed down to show balcony access.