Cruise Critic Community
GeorgiaPeach51

Le Grand Bistro question

We will be on the Edge for the TA November 1.  We were looking forward to the Bistro...the menu for both breakfast and lunch was very appealing.  But I just read a link posted by vtcruising that said they were doing away with the two original menus and now offering a brunch for $39 pp twice each sailing.

Apparently the previous menus didn’t appeal to people.  

so, does anyone know what the Bistro will now offer other than the brunch?  I know it is the location for Petit Chef in the evenings.  The brunch sounds very unappealing to me...you can get the same stuff in various places all over the ship.  Same old, same old.  It would seem that they would offer something other than just two brunches...can’t believe they would let the venue just sit,  but I can’t find the new menu anywhere, so far.  The website seems to show the same French-based menu as before....but no breakfast menu.

We are really excited about the Edge.  First time on a new-to-us ship in about 10 years.  Like many of you, we know the X ships as well as our own houses!    It will be fun to be wowed when we board. I promise to report back on our thoughts.

Joanie

Posted (edited)

Actually the last people who have reported back have said that the brunch is only twice/cruise and the lunch (with daily specials) is served the other days. I looked at the dailies for a recent cruise and the brunch was at 10:30 -1:00 on sea days and lunch ($20 PP) served from 12:00 -1:30 on port days for that cruise. Right now no breakfast there is being offered.

Hopefully they are still offering the lunches - they were excellent.

Lunch menu:

LGB Lunchxx.pdf

Edited by vtcruising

Thanks, vtcruising!  If anyone would know, it would be you!  I’m very happy to see that they have kept the lunch menu.  It looks wonderful, and if you say the words lobster bisque to my husband his head snaps around like a dog who sees a squirrel! 

We we will be in an IV and will report back on your room tracker when we return.  Thanks for responding!

Joanie

10 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

Thanks, vtcruising!  If anyone would know, it would be you!  I’m very happy to see that they have kept the lunch menu.  It looks wonderful, and if you say the words lobster bisque to my husband his head snaps around like a dog who sees a squirrel! 

We we will be in an IV and will report back on your room tracker when we return.  Thanks for responding!

Joanie

Thanks, that would be great! The lobster bisque was some of the best we have had:

2133185448_lobsterbisque.thumb.jpg.999f9700835c020dea6c19f8da574ae5.jpg

I had the same question, so happy to know the lunch- and the bisque- will be available! 

Does anyone know if Le Grand Bistro is open for lunch on embarkation day? 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, MauiMagic said:

I had the same question, so happy to know the lunch- and the bisque- will be available! 

Does anyone know if Le Grand Bistro is open for lunch on embarkation day? 

It was on our April cruise.

Edited by Oville

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the menu Vt

We are not in BLU for our Nov cruise..so we will try the  brunch on sea days...and def try a few  lunches there too! Yum yum!

Time ran by so quickly last time..we never got there! Can't wait!

Edited by hcat

2 hours ago, MauiMagic said:

Thanks! 

It was actually on our April cruise that we had lunch in the Bistro.