Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
pirate4me2

Sunshine Muster Now That She's In Charleston...

Hi all!

I have sailed Sunshine numerous times, from both Port Canaveral and NYC, and I know muster was held outside for those sailings. I have 2 upcoming cruises on her from Charleston, and I think I heard that Charleston doesn't allow them to have announcements broadcast outside, so is muster now held indoors? I am hoping so as it is HOT lining up outside, and I am also traveling with someone this time who occasionally has back problems so being inside would be better for her. Thanks for any info you all can provide!

2 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Hi all!

I have sailed Sunshine numerous times, from both Port Canaveral and NYC, and I know muster was held outside for those sailings. I have 2 upcoming cruises on her from Charleston, and I think I heard that Charleston doesn't allow them to have announcements broadcast outside, so is muster now held indoors? I am hoping so as it is HOT lining up outside, and I am also traveling with someone this time who occasionally has back problems so being inside would be better for her. Thanks for any info you all can provide!

Depends on the muster station. I was in spa cabin on 11 and we mustered in liquid lounge. Not sure where the others were located but we were inside sitting in the chairs. Was the quickest drill I’ve ever been part of at less than 20 min

If your travelling companion has trouble standing for extended periods of time you can request the Special Muster, which is indoors and seated, and available on every cruise. You can just ask at Guest Services when you board.

9 minutes ago, swissh40 said:

Depends on the muster station. I was in spa cabin on 11 and we mustered in liquid lounge. Not sure where the others were located but we were inside sitting in the chairs. Was the quickest drill I’ve ever been part of at less than 20 min

Was this at Charleston?  We sailed on Sunshine earlier this year in a Cloud 9 Spa balcony on deck 12 and we had to stand outside for the muster briefing. This was when Sunshine was still sailing from Port Canaveral. 

2 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

Thanks for the info everyone!

We sailed back in June and were in a interior on deck 2. Muster was outside but was super fast! They explained later that they cannot do outside announcements except for the mandatory safety briefing while in port.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, swissh40 said:

We have balconies on deck 11 spa cabins in December.  Would love to hear what you thought of the rooms and the ship.  Thanks in advance.

Edited by SurfCat

5 minutes ago, SurfCat said:

We have balconies on deck 11 spa cabins in December.  Would love to hear what you thought of the rooms and the ship.  Thanks in advance.

I really enjoyed the ship. I’ve been in ecstasy, pride, and now sunshine, and this ship was my favorite. Enjoyed the location of the spa rooms. I had an interior one that was larger than normal (110001) but my friends had spa balcony and enjoyed it and the location. I enjoyed the steam room and heated chairs in the spa, but the spa shower was a joke in my opinion and didn’t have a pool in the spa so I didn’t spend as much time there as I thought.

The shows had good production but the singers as a whole weren’t good. Anytime dining worked well with the app reservations. I didn’t do the buffet so can’t comment on that. Jiji was great. I spent a lot of time on the 3! Decks of serenity and loved it but it did get very crowded. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, swissh40 said:

Not sure if it is true or not, but i read on various sites that if you are in the NEW staterooms that was added during the sunshine makeover, then you are muster inside. If you are in an old cabin that was part of the original Destiny layout, then you muster outside on deck 4

For my sunshine cruise out of NYC a few years ago, special needs muster was in the library

Edited by shof515

5 hours ago, bobocrusin said:

We sailed back in June and were in a interior on deck 2. Muster was outside but was super fast! They explained later that they cannot do outside announcements except for the mandatory safety briefing while in port.

Ok this is exactly the info I was looking for. Thank you!