Drink package(s) and price difference of drinks

anskt

Can anyone provide an updated list of spirits that are included in each package?  Also, if I have the classic package but would like a cocktail that is on the elite package, can I “pay the difference” or will I have to pay for the entire price of that cocktail?  

5 minutes ago, anskt said:

Can anyone provide an updated list of spirits that are included in each package?  Also, if I have the classic package but would like a cocktail that is on the elite package, can I “pay the difference” or will I have to pay for the entire price of that cocktail?  

Yes, you may pay the difference.

The regular drink package has a max drink price of $11.  The Elite package has a max price of $15.

The regular package (SBP) costs $44.95 per day plus 15% service charge IF you buy it online before the cruise.  If you wait to buy it onboard, it will cost $54.95 per day plus 15%.  The Elite package is $59.95 per day plus 15% and it doesn't matter if you buy it onboard or online.    Because each package includes the prepaid 15% service charge in the purchase price, you only have to check the bar menus for the base price of the drink.   If you do buy a drink that exceeds $11 or $15, depending in your package, you pay the full amount plus 15%.  You cannot pay the difference.  

You do not pay for the mixer or add-on alcohol.  For example, a Black Russian is priced by the brand of Vodka you ask for.  The Kahlua is no extra cost.  You can even get a Long Island Ice Tea or a Wang Wang with 5 or 6 different types of alcohol and it is covered by the SBP as ONE drink.  You can order doubles with no problem, but it does count as 2 of your daily 15 alcoholic beverages.   You also have unlimited sodas, 500 ML bottles of water, specialty coffees, etc.

Just about every call brand of alcohol is included in the regular package.  If you are a wine snob and want a better selection, you should go for the Elite package.  Also, the very expensive VSOP cognac will cost over the $11 price.  

Go to a website roger jett photography.  He has the latest drink menus for HAL.

With the SBP, you generally will break even after 5 drinks costing $8.50, which is the average price.  Naturally, beers are cheaper.   

• Like 2

Looking at HAL website, they have added a number of wine packages and confusion. Can anyone shed some light on the content of the 11 night 6 bottle Double Signature wine package? It’s inviting because of the Pinnacle Grill inclusion. But, the price makes me suspicious that the wines are the finest from Oklahoma.

1 hour ago, scotslizzy said:

So if a cocktail is 10.95 and I have pre-purchased the SBP I can have this option without incurring additional charges ?

Scotslizzy

Yes.  It's included with the package at no additional charge. (<$11.00)

I have an extended solo cruise booked with HAL.  I was all over the website studying the drink packages and prices.  I can't drink enough to make the per-day cost work out and I'm not a big wine-with-dinner guy.  I finally settled on pre-purchasing several bottles of scotch to be delivered to my cabin on embarkation day.  Those, and an afternoon bucket of ice, and I'll be all set.  

When I put the pencil to it, my custom package worked out to around $7.00 per day.  My TA has given me enough OBC to where I can also have a wee dram after dinner if I want and still come out OK.

14 hours ago, Crew News said:

Bar beverage menus are the same with each bar having its own first and last page for their own special beverages.  Here is a link to the HAL pool bar menus:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/hal-regular-and-specialty-restaurants/hal-beverage-menus/terrace-lido-bar-menu

How old is that bar menu? I didn’t see a date. 

We were just on Zuiderdam for 17 nights.  I found that most "normal" drinks (G&T, Whiskey/water, vodka, etc) were in the $8.50 range (+ 15% gratuity).   We tend to have 2 drinks each prior to dinner, so we generally went to Happy Hour between 4-5.  We would each buy one at regular price and get the second for $2.00.  We do not drink special coffees, much alcohol during the day,  or especially care for bottled water.  So a beverage package is not for us.

4 hours ago, dave.s said:

How old is that bar menu? I didn’t see a date. 

Menu was scanned in May 2019 and verified again in June 2019 aboard the Westerdam.

Here is the link to the page that shows the dates of all menus:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/hal-regular-and-specialty-restaurants/hal-beverage-menus

18 hours ago, Conestoga Charlie said:

Looking at HAL website, they have added a number of wine packages and confusion. Can anyone shed some light on the content of the 11 night 6 bottle Double Signature wine package? It’s inviting because of the Pinnacle Grill inclusion. But, the price makes me suspicious that the wines are the finest from Oklahoma.

Do you maybe mean the Cellar Master Package, Double, Wine Package? " Two wine tasting events conducted by our Cellar Master, an evening of fine dining in the Pinnacle Grill, six bottles from the sommelier cellar, a Holland America Line commemorative bottle and wine gift are included for on board enjoyment. " 

I do not know from which wine list the 6 bottles may be selected but I am betting someone here does.

Wine on HAL has improved over the years BUT that said, if you are like us and you "like what you like," we always find a wine shop near port and stock up on a few things and carry them on and simply pay the corkage for them so we can enjoy them anywhere. Prior to improvements and the Beverage Pkgs we would take on a case. Now with the Beverage pkgs we have trimmed that back to maybe 4 bottles total, generally 2 bubbles (one for sailaway and one for a Gala night), a swanky red for the Pinnacle, and a nice white for the room. So we pay $18 ea. corkage on 2 bottles. For everything else we just use our Beverage Pkg as the wine selection is good enough and almost all cocktails are covered. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, fatcat04 said:

I do not know from which wine list the 6 bottles may be selected but I am betting someone here does.

Back when we had just the Navigator and Admiral packages, the Cellar Master wine was chosen from the Navigator package.

Since Sommelier #1 is the cheapest of the 3 packages and has wines that were in the Navigator pack , I would think it would be that package for the Cellar Master package.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Yes, you may pay the difference.

Are you certain about that?  The reason I ask is that I have read numerous complaints about the red wine offerings which are available by the glass at the USD 9 price point (now 11 dollars!).  If it were possible to pay the difference then I don't think there would be so many complaints.

On Celebrity, their premium package is $70 per day plus 15% and you get drinks priced up to $15.

Their Classic package costs $60 per day plus 15% SC, and your drink limit is $9.   

Compare that to HAL's package prices of $59 Premium with a $15 limit, and $45 regular with a $11 limit, both prices plus 15% SC.

For the prices that Celebrity charges, they can easily afford to allow you to "pay the difference" when you go over the per-drink limit.