Cruise Critic Community
Babewho

Chateau Frontenac

We booked a one-night, pre-cruise stay at the Chateau Frontenac through Princess for an upcoming cruise sailing out of Quebec City.  I've searched Google and the Princess CC boards to find an answer to my question with no success, so I apologize if I have missed it. 

My question is, when booking the Frontenac through Princess, does anyone know what room category is assigned?  

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Babewho said:

We booked a one-night, pre-cruise stay at the Chateau Frontenac through Princess for an upcoming cruise sailing out of Quebec City.  I've searched Google and the Princess CC boards to find an answer to my question with no success, so I apologize if I have missed it. 

My question is, when booking the Frontenac through Princess, does anyone know what room category is assigned?  

Thank you!

Why not call the hotel?

Yes, I could call the hotel or Princess.  I guess I'm looking more for others' experiences.  Thank you.

Call the hotel for their rates (AAA, etc.).  You might be able to book your one-night in a club level for what you're paying Princess.  We had a fabulous stay in club last year.  And you can see the port from the Chateau; a few minute cab ride.

15 hours ago, Babewho said:

Yes, I could call the hotel or Princess.  I guess I'm looking more for others' experiences.  Thank you.

If you  do the math you will find that through Princess you are paying a per person rate for the hotel (standard room), transportation from the airport to the hotel and transportation from the hotel to the ship are included in that rate. Compare that to paying for your own transportation to the hotel, room category of your choice (not at a per person rate but rather a rate for the room), transportation from the hotel to the port when you want to go. I think you will find that you will pay less booking independently.

Thanks!  It is somewhat more going through Princess.  However,  I did some research, and including the transfers to the hotel from the airport and from the hotel to the dock, the cost through Princess wasn't a ridiculous amount more than doing it all on our own.  So we decided to go with Princess just for the simplicity and ease. 

2 hours ago, Babewho said:

Thanks!  It is somewhat more going through Princess.  However,  I did some research, and including the transfers to the hotel from the airport and from the hotel to the dock, the cost through Princess wasn't a ridiculous amount more than doing it all on our own.  So we decided to go with Princess just for the simplicity and ease. 

You might want to factor in the exchange rate. Paying the hotel and transportation costs will be charged in Canadian dollars. The Princess charge is in US dollars.

Just did a cruise tour with them that included 4 nights stay at three different Fairmont hotels in Toronto, Montreal, and Montebello, and Ottawa.  The rooms were standard, but they were very very nice in each hotel.  We got either two queens or one king in each location and room was nicely situated.

Pooh

We sailed 2 years ago with friends...we were on floor 7 or 9 facing the interior courtyard with windows in the hallway looking at the water...our friends had a room further up on floor 12 or something overlooking the little area/park between the Frontenac and Auberge hotel.  They were kept awake with music and such going on at night there and we were not.  They had a standard queen bed set up  just like us just higher up with a different view.  Not sure how the rooms are assigned.  They had a mini suite on the cruise and we had an interior...

23 hours ago, cruzrbachoua said:

We sailed 2 years ago with friends...we were on floor 7 or 9 facing the interior courtyard with windows in the hallway looking at the water...our friends had a room further up on floor 12 or something overlooking the little area/park between the Frontenac and Auberge hotel.  They were kept awake with music and such going on at night there and we were not.  They had a standard queen bed set up  just like us just higher up with a different view.  Not sure how the rooms are assigned.  They had a mini suite on the cruise and we had an interior...

Thank you!  This is exactly what I was looking for. 

On 8/14/2019 at 8:10 AM, PoohUnderstands said:

Just did a cruise tour with them that included 4 nights stay at three different Fairmont hotels in Toronto, Montreal, and Montebello, and Ottawa.  The rooms were standard, but they were very very nice in each hotel.  We got either two queens or one king in each location and room was nicely situated.

Pooh

Thank you!

18 minutes ago, Babewho said:

Thank you!  This is exactly what I was looking for. 

Very welcome.  We have seen this a couple times when sailing with friends.  Once in Houston are group of 4 had same type of cabin on the ship right next to each other but at the hotel through princess while our hotel rooms were both standard queen beds and our cruises were linked we were on one floor and our friends on another.  I would think princess would buy/reserve out a certain floor but perhaps it is just random draw when we check in. 

The Frontenac and Quebec is amazing you will have a fabulous time! 

Word of caution either have princess put you in the taxi and hand the ticket to the driver or if they just direct you to the taxis with their little slip from princess make sure that driver will accept it.  Ours did not and we had to pay the driver and then get princess to reimburse with OBC.  It was a nightmare. if you have time for breakfast make sure to try 1640 Bistro...it is right across the street from the chateau located under the Auberge hotel (sp?) it has a red awning...lovely breakfast and ambiance.